Sköll-Prototype 3-D/4K Screening Room of the second decade of the 21st century .... - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 429 Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

You know through all the years from listening to the apogees in the late eighties, and then with the Steinway demo fiasco were the sound stayed reberverating behind the microperf, I could not for the life of me think I'd be using ribbons, but after listening to the adams in Indianapolis my interest peaked. Home cinema farfield requirements will continue to make ribbons more relevant.

In any event for studio monitoring at nearly double the price of the next competitor Quested takes the bragging rights. A lot of it has to do that Roger quested sets up the systems himself.

All b damn. I remember reading a review of some Adam Audios, GTC 77 I think, in Home Theater mag a while back and they had a ton of great things to say about them.

JBL Pro Cinema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 429 Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Peter,

The final pictures look fantastic! I can't wait to see the new project with the dual stack!

I was wondering how you think the dolby color wheel system with a single projector would compare to shutter glasses.

I know you used a Dolby wheel at Skoll, but I thought it was causing you some trouble. Just wondering if that is an option worth considering, since it looks like my REALD CE4 glasses will not work with the DP4k. The volfoni system while not as expensive as the Dolby option is still pricy.

ccool96

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #423 of 429 Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hi Chris,

While I fully want to see wolfgangs system in person, as I believe it is really good. , Stay Away from the dolby it gives the image a single wheel like dlp side effect that was not there with the dual wheel Dolby system at Moody Gardens. Cueing the wheel is not that difficult once you understand the importance of sensor calibration.

Are you sure the CE4 does not work, why so? Do you have the cable, pm your address and I will send you the connector with the wire attached at one end.

Other than that, if you ever consider doing the teranex then you have to go passive polarized, ask Alan or Mark who have seen it in action, it is beyond amazing.

We are trying to negotiate a deal with RealD, but i need to sell a big system first ALBIORIX. The passive RealD is all that, also you can purchase the 5d material from stewart and have Ruben make you a new skin.

post #424 of 429 Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Peter,

I just read the entire thread on this project, and I think is fantastic. I have a couple of questions in regards to the loudspeakers.
After so much time and effort on researching them:
1-Why the front speaker horns were not located at 5/8 the screen height?
2-Why not spec a baffle wall? That was probably one of the problems with the piano brand; the other problem could have been the distance between loudspeaker and screen.
3-The Surround Back speakers horn orientation is wrong. The manufacturer could have easily reoriented it in order to meet space restrictions.
4-Last but certainly not least, the most important component of the entire project, the Room, room acoustics is not voodoo, is physics and again it can make or break the entire experience.

I look forward to your reply and future projects.

Enrique.
post #425 of 429 Old 11-17-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Something amazing has just happened. Due to Dolby Atmos I am completely refocusing my mission in life and thus I will continue my exploits in a DCI oriented venue.

I invite my friends to read more about the quested final calibration and how we licked the screen bug and other crazy **** at HERE

post #426 of 429 Old 06-01-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

SKOLL revision 2.0 coming this fall.....read more at my blog.

post #427 of 429 Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Two images I am not allowed to see beyond the tiniest thumbnail. So, what more to read...
post #428 of 429 Old 06-01-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

what happens if you click?
its full size. mebbe you must join. rolleyes.gif

you may want to wait until this gets past proposal to join.biggrin.gif:D

post #429 of 429 Old 06-01-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
DCI projector seller that forum, is this Alan Gouger's new plaything after selling AVS? Or who's behind that forum, the Whois data is uninformative.
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page