Sköll-Prototype 3-D/4K Screening Room of the second decade of the 21st century .... - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 433 Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

You know through all the years from listening to the apogees in the late eighties, and then with the Steinway demo fiasco were the sound stayed reberverating behind the microperf, I could not for the life of me think I'd be using ribbons, but after listening to the adams in Indianapolis my interest peaked. Home cinema farfield requirements will continue to make ribbons more relevant.

In any event for studio monitoring at nearly double the price of the next competitor Quested takes the bragging rights. A lot of it has to do that Roger quested sets up the systems himself.

All b damn. I remember reading a review of some Adam Audios, GTC 77 I think, in Home Theater mag a while back and they had a ton of great things to say about them.

JBL Pro Cinema-JTR Subs
MANCHESTER UNITED!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 433 Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Peter,

The final pictures look fantastic! I can't wait to see the new project with the dual stack!

I was wondering how you think the dolby color wheel system with a single projector would compare to shutter glasses.

I know you used a Dolby wheel at Skoll, but I thought it was causing you some trouble. Just wondering if that is an option worth considering, since it looks like my REALD CE4 glasses will not work with the DP4k. The volfoni system while not as expensive as the Dolby option is still pricy.
post #423 of 433 Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 1199
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Hi Chris,

While I fully want to see wolfgangs system in person, as I believe it is really good. , Stay Away from the dolby it gives the image a single wheel like dlp side effect that was not there with the dual wheel Dolby system at Moody Gardens. Cueing the wheel is not that difficult once you understand the importance of sensor calibration.

Are you sure the CE4 does not work, why so? Do you have the cable, pm your address and I will send you the connector with the wire attached at one end.

Other than that, if you ever consider doing the teranex then you have to go passive polarized, ask Alan or Mark who have seen it in action, it is beyond amazing.

We are trying to negotiate a deal with RealD, but i need to sell a big system first ALBIORIX. The passive RealD is all that, also you can purchase the 5d material from stewart and have Ruben make you a new skin.

post #424 of 433 Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Peter,

I just read the entire thread on this project, and I think is fantastic. I have a couple of questions in regards to the loudspeakers.
After so much time and effort on researching them:
1-Why the front speaker horns were not located at 5/8 the screen height?
2-Why not spec a baffle wall? That was probably one of the problems with the piano brand; the other problem could have been the distance between loudspeaker and screen.
3-The Surround Back speakers horn orientation is wrong. The manufacturer could have easily reoriented it in order to meet space restrictions.
4-Last but certainly not least, the most important component of the entire project, the Room, room acoustics is not voodoo, is physics and again it can make or break the entire experience.

I look forward to your reply and future projects.

Enrique.
post #425 of 433 Old 11-17-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Something amazing has just happened. Due to Dolby Atmos I am completely refocusing my mission in life and thus I will continue my exploits in a DCI oriented venue.

I invite my friends to read more about the quested final calibration and how we licked the screen bug and other crazy **** at HERE
post #426 of 433 Old 06-01-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #427 of 433 Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Two images I am not allowed to see beyond the tiniest thumbnail. So, what more to read...
post #428 of 433 Old 06-01-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #429 of 433 Old 06-01-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 111
DCI projector seller that forum, is this Alan Gouger's new plaything after selling AVS? Or who's behind that forum, the Whois data is uninformative.
post #430 of 433 Old 12-01-2016, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #431 of 433 Old 12-14-2016, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Cool Operations :PIMP UP PROMETHEUS AND SKOLL

Ok then we are going to nip in the bud a totally wrong and unfair preconception: Recently Brian G. gave me a Barco Thor sales objection post facto which was a thought planted by someone Who either flies his own a Plane or someone else in Barco distribution(which will not repeat the faux pass as we will buy many more projectors from him that the venerable pilot that perpetrates a decidedly un European simplistic Bennigans meets Carl's theater design cadre of work. Maybe it was both, I actually applaud Brian's decision because showing loyalty to me, even if shown to a competitor at my possible financial loss, is something I appreciate as much or more than a check for $160,000, so Kudos to the G's for that!

The misconception is that Alan G. does not travel to the jobsites. Nothing could be further from the truth, assuming of course the race is up to the ethereeal plateau of excellence instead of nosediving to the bargain basements of compromises. That is while the not so offending party purveys a fine Mercedes Product in a professional fashion, while in contrast we give you an AMG hollistic maximum Immersion vehicle on Steroids, normally we do this for little more or at the same price, delivered as a labor of love, and with greater mean times between failures; no one stress tests and engineers with innovative reliability countermeasures like us on this crap.

I'll set the record clean next week. Now those who the cap fits, please cease and desist the semi-slanderous remarks cause Gangsta "C"'s gang will cut you or any combination of CEDIA experts and Faculty up and break bread among ourselves with the select cuts while sipping a bottle of fine Bordeaux.

Watch Skoll and Prometheus where Alan, John Stallcup and I will supercharge both Barco Projectors for Cr., WCG and HDR. Yes!

We will dismiss that fact specially since there is no other team capable to do remote installations on the planet globally like this posse has been proving how to do for 5 consecutive years,and taking the GOLD at last 2 cedia.s and prior in 2009/2010, and since Stereophile (With Barco since 1994).

So watch and learn a dual mission Israeli commando style HDR/UWCG upgrade incursion NEXT WEEK by the Monster Squad of HDR Projection.Mission Code names: Pimp Up Prometheus and Pimp Up Skoll This after finishing Punch List Items For LOGE shop drawings. To make it Ready For Construction before the 2 other operations commence!

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 12-14-2016 at 10:32 PM.
post #432 of 433 Old 12-22-2016, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Cool

This setup has the finest 2k chip in the world capable of incredible mtf and contrast, for its class no better, however because we made it a huge picture the zoom lens used is of the lowest MTF and cr. enhancement potential, besides this old dusty canvas tipe screen appears
to have like 75% efficiency at the moment, not an hdr worthy situation at the moment so we leave this challenge for January, first we go for the gold in PROMETHEUS. A schneider fixed 2.3 lens and a V6 xl seem to be a worthy improvement I will be vetting.

Jon is this something you can adaapt the v6 xl for? Grommets?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skoll screen 85 x193.50 4 way 2_3 ar.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1847793  

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 12-22-2016 at 08:51 AM.
post #433 of 433 Old 01-06-2017, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Prometheus Images Incorrectly posted here moved.

Here is the latest Miami Herald article on my most Generous patron, from Skoll to One Hdye Park, to ALBIORIX and Europa (still under construction).

This is the man that generously paved the way to many of my most brilliant Findings and Developments, namely 30+ channel Trinnov, Quested, which lead to Alcons.Also the creation of the HDR THOR itself plus the evolution of the Cineak Strato from an uncomfortable first generation to the ultimate immersive audio and MINI-PLF chair the Hyperion Rev.4. These are core elements of the IMMERSION 2025 new home cinema standard, we all owe thanks to VD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page