The cedia 2010 3-d stadium - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Press release, please move to more appropriate area if need be.

THE CEDIA 2010 3-D STADIUM

September 19, 2010
Boca Raton, FL , Mount Sinai, NY and Miami, FL.

SMX CINEMA SOLUTIONS, CINEPRO MUSIC AND CINEMA SYSTEMS, and CINERAMAX SPECIAL VENUES in association with REALD PROFESSIONAL and BARCO MEDIA and ENTERTAINMENT will be treating CEDIA 2010 attendees to a spectacular 3-D demonstration at booth 2658 in Atlanta, Georgia. September 23-26.

It is a 35 seat 3-D Mini-Stadium featuring RealD Professional CE4 eyewear (the Patek Philippe of 3-D active eyewear) and showcasing a state-of-the-art 6-million pixel Series 2 DCI BARCO SUPERKONTRAST projector with 4,000 watts of illumination. With never before seen 4-times the light intensity for 3-D, light output will exceed SMPTE spec for 2-D commercial movie theaters (16 foot lamberts). The solidity of the images, the lack of ghosting, freedom from eye-fatigue and the apparent protrusion of the virtual images will “invade personal spaces” often throughout the presentation so as to coax attendees into extending their arms forward in "ocular disbelief".

“Good 3-D will therapeutically engage areas of the brain not active during 2-D viewing. This 3-D is case in point whereas you may feel reluctant to watch 2-D afterwards.” - States Peter Montoulieu, principal at CINERAMAX SPECIAL VENUES, co-founder of CEDIA and Home Entertainment Magazine Installation of the Year 2009 Innovation Award recipient.

”The sightlines imposed by this Ginormous 195” by 90” PRO-MASK QUAD (4 way masking) screen required the erection of a custom Stadium Seating structure. We believe this demonstration will change preconceived notions not only about the quality of Blu-ray 3-D at home, but of the required optimum image sizes as well.”– Says Ruben Ortiz, president of SMX CINEMA SOLUTIONS, a recipient of the 2009 AV Science Product Excellence Award.

In addition to demonstrating the NEW BD 3-D compatible 6 million pixel projector CINERAMAX will start the countdown to the delivery of the upcoming Barco DP-4k-P reference projectors to High-End home cinema CEDIA partners. A handful of units will be configured for custom installers by CINERAMAX as soon as the chips first become available in 2011. This will be the benchmark VIP SUPERKONTRAST projector, destined to become the most prized possession of studio execs, top ball players and the Oligarchs (so endearingly depicted in DirecTV’s “Opulence I has it” commercials); the CINERAMAX waiting list for the SUPERKONTRAST DP-4K-P is destined to outdo the very one for the 2011 Ferrari Enzo II, both in value and sense of urgency.

“With nearly 30 million pixels of resolution the paradigm “officially shifts” in 2011, completely metamorphosing the 21st century home cinema panorama for posterity”-Says Montoulieu.
Often imitated seldom recreated, the forward moving DCI systems expertise of CINERAMAX is recognized by leading Industry players with which CINERAMAX constantly collaborates. In 2011 CINERAMAX will support a select few hand-picked CEDIA partner installations to advance the state of the art in 4K and 3-D.

Attendees to the 3-D stadium event will get to appreciate the NEW SMX 4K acoustically transparent projection material, designed precisely for this next generation high pixel density projectors, yet a technology equally adept in enhancing the depth presentation during this week’s CEDIA 3-D watershed event.

“THE CEDIA 3-D STADIUM’s dimensions this year are nearly three-fold the square area of last year’s widely acclaimed “Temple Of Home Theater”. CINEPRO’s high performance systems have built-in scalability "- says Dr. Gus Cossifos VP of CINEPRO.”This year we look forward to showcasing our signature musicality and dynamism in a room size more typical of a home cinema found in a large estate.”

THE CEDIA 2010 3-D STADIUM
Artist Rendering By Carlos Puello.
Copyright SMX, Cinepro, Cineramax 2010.
www.smxscreen.com , www.cinepro.com , www.cineramax.com
LL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
CINERAMAX at it again......introducing the new yardstick for the industry to measure itself against.

That looks amazing.....just for a laugh whats the list on the DP2K-P and the DP2k-32B ?
post #3 of 16 Old 09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Good luck on the show.
post #4 of 16 Old 09-19-2010, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks guys, prices with early 4k upgrade (in the first batch from TI) the sky is the limit.

I'll price it 15% higher than the Runco imitation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Any pictures of the finished demo room ?

Art

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #6 of 16 Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I saw the demo. The picture quality was really fantastic. The one thing that struck me last year was how much depth the image had with 2D material. This year the 3D was even more inspiring. Fantastic depth. No ghosting. Large bright image. What really stuck me was how much more immersive the 1.78 image was than the 2.35. The height really makes a big difference. That makes me want to change my scope screen to a 2.0:1 4 way masking so I could gain more height when I watch 1.78 material.

I have long wanted to compare the RealD CE4 glasses to the Xpand X101 glasses that I have. I really liked the RealD far better than my Xpand ones. I feel like no matter how much I wipe the lenses on my Xpand they are never really clear. The RealD one felt perfectly clear.

I thought about putting a couple pair in my bag Then all I would need was an emitter. But my good conscious won over.

Another fantastic job Peter. I would love to see one of your projects in Miami. It was great talking with you.

PS. The audio was much much better this year. Nice and loud but didn't make my ears hurt

I really love my DPI projector and the DPI booth was fantastic, but with Peter concentrating on a single projector, he easily produced the best projector demo of Cedia.

ccool96

post #7 of 16 Old 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Any pictures of the finished demo room ?

Art

Peter allowed me to take some, but they are really dark, so not much detail visible.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #8 of 16 Old 09-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Congratulations Peter & Ruben!

It seems that everybody who visited the Cineramax | SMX | Cinepro demo, thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a testament to you guys that you continue to raise the standard and improve on it from the previous year. Well done.

Here's to hoping that you have a great year ahead.

Best regards,
Haroon Malik.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-27-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

post #10 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Congratulations Peter and Ruben!

Sean
post #11 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

So nice as always Sean!

Here are some other pics...

LL
LL
LL

post #12 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

LL
LL
LL
LL

post #13 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 04:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Congratulations Peter! Looks like you did something that so few do at CEDIA,you set it up right and delivered on your promises.

Dr Marderosian seemed impressed ,better than good housekeeping approval !

Art

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #14 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks Art for the kind words, we are coming with the 4k SuperKontrast to your neck of the woods next year.

post #15 of 16 Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 54
About an hour before seeing this demo (but after looking at some other 3D demos at the show) I was telling somebody that when I was much younger I recall 3D where objects were basically right in front of my face, but that I hadn't seen this effect in a long time. My first memory of 3D like this was at Epcot Center in Orlando shortly after they opened. It was a Kodak presentation and from looking it up it must have been a show called Magic Journeys at the end of 1982 or in 1983. I recall butterflies so close that I felt like I could reach out and touch them.

But I haven't had that feeling in a while even though I go to quite a few 3D presentations (including IMAX) and generally enjoy them, and had a Sensio 3D system a few years ago. I get a feeling of depth, but not so much of the popping out of the screen effect like I recall from my first 3D experience. The person I was telling this to told me that there was a study which determined that something like 20% of the population can't see 3D. He said that it had something to do with eye shape and I mentioned that maybe I needed to go to an optometrist and get clamps put on my eyes to shape them correctly.

Anyway, I figured it was probably just aging eyes. But then I went to this demo and in one part there was a cod that I would say was at about arms length in front of me. While I do think my eyes have likely gotten worse for 3D effect, at least in this case I was back to the feeling I had over 25 years ago.

I should mention that I was in the front row for this SMX/CINEPRO/CINERAMAX demo and the ~15 wide image was filling a lot of my vision. I was having problems with the glasses syncing and so had to keep turning my head, but it was well worth it even for that one in-my-face moment.

I went back for another demo the next day and the glasses worked better. I noticed that I had trouble focusing on a school of fish near the beginning of the demo, but that could partially be my eyes. The second time I tried switching the glasses between 3D mode and 2D mode a lot and saw some good differences on the Under the Sea content, but not really much at all with the Clash of the Titans material.

On Sunday I went over to the Coke museum that is near the convention center and went to a 4D presentation. I noticed that I had trouble focusing on some objects that were supposed to be in my face during that. Maybe those would have worked when I was a kid.

Great job Peter and everybody else involved. I generally disliked the 3D demos on sparkly screens at CEDIA (on silver screens the speckle bothers me), but this one was awesome IMO.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #16 of 16 Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
the new 3D content have thank god not always somthing in the front
of my eyes.
such 3d is better for fairgrounds.

peter i am glad that you show how good 3d can be if you have the right pr.
and good other equipment.
since how long i say we need bright 3d and
how important and huge the light lost is.

wait till all the consumer pr. in 3d will be out ......
i can almost read it here how dim it was.

as i can get in best case 18 ftl in 3d true the ce4 shutter at my 7 m screen
with my pr.and i know that 30 ftl in 3d looks even better
(btw my small screen 3.6 meter wide i can get there 65 FTL in 3D)
my next pr. will be very likely a 4k dlp with 30.000 lumen or more.

this will give me 30 ftl in 3d with a new lamp at my 7m screen.

with all the negitive reactions about 3d i read at avs its nice to read
the opposite from your set up.
and without seeing it at cedia i know how good this looks
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page