Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Mr Bay has inspired me.

I am off to find the nearest 6 foot lambert screen so I can view this masterpiece in all its 6 foot lambert glory.

I love Mr Fake's response, by the way. I know it is fake because projectionists, like the wooly mammoth, are now extinct.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Hell I don't blame Bay for sending out these letters. Squeaky wheel gets the greasin. 3D is dim enough already let alone when theater owners chince out by runnng the bulb on low to try and save money. I'm sure projectionists will get offended like the one who wrote him back, but oh well. It will do good for those theaters who don't always have a projectionist on hand.

JBL Pro Cinema
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post

I'm sure projectionists will get offended like the one who wrote him back ...

That one was a joke (thus Mr. Fake).

I got a tour of a Regal theater locally and the projectionist (I think that was his title, or something close) told me that for the RPX theater (their competitor to digital IMAX) the Barco projector is actually too bright for their screen. So, it should be interesting to see how it does for 3D (I assumed he was referring to 2D).

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post

That one was a joke (thus Mr. Fake).

I got a tour of a Regal theater locally and the projectionist (I think that was his title, or something close) told me that for the RPX theater (their competitor to digital IMAX) the Barco projector is actually too bright for their screen. So, it should be interesting to see how it does for 3D (I assumed he was referring to 2D).

--Darin

Oops, scimmed it too quick. Thanks Darin. Ya that Barco probably only needs to run in low lamp for 2D. They prolly have a high gain screen as well for even more brightness to compete with IMAX. My local cinema has a NEC DCI projector with the Real D XL setup shown on a 25 ft scope screen. It gets plenty bright and last nights showing of Transformers 3D was excellent! Awesome presentation all around. Can't wait to see it in IMAX

JBL Pro Cinema
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In a letter dated 8 December 1975, from Stanley Kubrick to Projectionists, regarding the showing of his film "Barry Lydon", Stanley writes: "There should be no less than 15 foot lamberts of light on the screen, and no more than 18". Who would question Stanley?