Christie Debut Brightest Available 3D Dual Projection System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Some reports on the equipment that was used to show HFR/48fps~3D in 4K for each eye “Sneak Peek” from The Hobbit at Cinemacon;

Christie and RealD Debut Brightest Commercially Available 3D Dual Projection System at Cinemacon

Christie IMB Designed for DCI-compliancy, fully-integrated media block brings 4K and high frame rate projection to life

Some highlights;
Quote:

In the setup for this presentation, projection engineers calibrated the system using brightness measurements taken towards the edges of the screen, rather than at the center. The abundance of light available allowed the center brightness to be reduced considerably and still provided luminance measurements in excess of six foot lamberts (ft-L) across the better part of this massive 70-foot-wide screen.

“With the new RealD XL-DP Cinema System, there is a technical solution for achieving 3D brightness at 2D light levels on some of the largest movie theater screens in the world,”

using Christie’s Pureformity Color™ Technology to ‘control’ the center brightness, allowing us to obtain the most uniform image possible across this large (Silver) screen.

Early users of this combination of the XL-DP Cinema System and dual DLP projectors report 3D presentation brightness at 2D light levels on screens as large as 92 feet (28 meters).

Introduced in February, the Christie Duo is a new dual–projector integration kit intended to give exhibitors the ability to create and deliver their own, branded premium theater experience.

I guess Christie will have laser projectors too; Christie Hosts Cinema Industry Heavyweights at First-Ever High Frame Rate (HFR) Laser Projection Demo

And NEC 4K laser PJ; GDC Technology and NEC Using GDC’s SX-3000 Standalone (HFR) Integrated Media Block and NEC’s 4K Laser Projector at CinemaCon 2012

Everybody in the Movie industry going 3D "crazy"? Scorsese says all his future movies will be 3-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Everyone has a dual projector solution. Barco has done double stack systems many times. Use 2x DP4K-32B and you really have the world's brightest dual projection solution

Marc Porlier

As of Jan 2012 I no longer work for Barco. So my comments do not represent the views of my former employer but only my own.

Sincerely
post #3 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
yes and sad about barco but anyway your comments are right
post #4 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What is sad about Barco, Wolfgang?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
that he lost his job there.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Aha, I hadn't seen his tagline, yet. Simply overlooked it. I guess Barcos promote and sell themselves.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job, Marc.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Aha, I hadn't seen his tagline, yet. Simply overlooked it. I guess Barcos promote and sell themselves.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job, Marc.

rest assured and thank you for your worries but I left Barco for a better world No more travel, it was hard on the family, and I work 3km from home. I now work for a Barco customer doing very creative stuff. I an in R&D and have the chance to play with really nice toys. http://www.chaoscreation.ca

Marc Porlier

As of Jan 2012 I no longer work for Barco. So my comments do not represent the views of my former employer but only my own.

Sincerely
post #8 of 8 Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Very cool but seems damn similar to a modern digital IMAX setup.

JBL Pro Cinema
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page