Cinemark XD: Advantages and Disadvantages vs. IMAX and LieMax - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2014, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The Cinemark theater (formerly "The Bridge" and, then, "The Rave") recently replaced one of the few true IMAX theaters in the Los Angeles/Orange County area with an XD "Extreme Digital Cinema" theater.

Earlier today (4/30/14), Cinemark representatives gave me full access to every aspect of their new XD theater. This includes access to the projection room and all the projector, sound, screen, and seating specifications.

My first impression of the new theater was based on seeing "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4th from my seat in the middle of the third row. In the next few days to a week, I will be posting comprehensive reviews of every aspect of what I think is, by far, the best "digital projection" movie-going experience in the Los Angeles area. I have some pictures I will also be posting that you may find interesting. Many are pretty dark, but I'm working on them so you can at least see some of the aspects I'm trying to highlight.

I'm sad to see the IMAX go, but I also appreciate the opportunity to see virtually every new release on a "true" IMAX sized screen with with resolution levels that are quite impressive. More on that, and everything else, soon. IMG_0022.JPG 6373k .JPG file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0022.JPG (6.22 MB, 132 views)

Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector, 120" Elite Screen, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu-Ray Player, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround

Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" 3D DLP, Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-Ray Player, Harmon Kardon AVR 5.1, Polk Audio 5.1 Surround
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-22-2014, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any reviews coming? Also, I'm wondering how the XD at the H.H. Center compares to the also newly renovated TCL Chinese Theater Imax?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-19-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Reply D-cinema Equipment and Theaters

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page