Tivax STB-T9 EPG - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For $1 it really doesn't matter. Where I live I couldn't get analog signals reliably anyway. And now there isn't much analog to speak of. So for me purchasing the T9 made perfect sense.

You might try Sears to see if they have any Zenith units in stock but, as you wrote wrt Kmart, I fear they are all but OOS everywhere on CECBs. However going with the Tivax instead would be very reasonable. PQ is very good, better than the Zenith, and tuner sensitivity is fine too. My only quibbles with it are:

- the remote, while quite nice, is somewhat directional. I have to concentrate too hard in pointing it from the right spot for it to work. Nonetheless it is very usable.

- doing a number of operations is a bit slow compared to the Zenith, most notably in changing channels and doing a channel scan. Just a little annoying.

_Lazza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I went with the T8 from Amazon. I just did not feel like go store hopping. I also have an Artec. Had to buy something cuz the coupon expired end of July. Right now I have cable but once I get an adequate pc-pvr setup working I plan on canceling the cable and just keeping the internet. Then I will need to put one of the boxes in use.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the iNet SSR 1921
is the same as the tivax t8- just rebranded with a slightly different front panel.
and you can get it for free (no shipping if you get 2) with the govt. coupon
ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm

no- i am not affiliated with them, i used my coupons there though. shipping took 3 days. not bad at all. very pleased with the converter. one to use and one to hack. looking at the schematic pdf that was posted, the settings might be changeable if you open the box and change some jumpers. i'll check later.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by f12345 View Post

the iNet SSR 1921
is the same as the tivax t8- just rebranded with a slightly different front panel.
and you can get it for free (no shipping if you get 2) with the govt. coupon
ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm

no- i am not affiliated with them, i used my coupons there though. shipping took 3 days. not bad at all. very pleased with the converter. one to use and one to hack. looking at the schematic pdf that was posted, the settings might be changeable if you open the box and change some jumpers. i'll check later.

Its says limited time free shipping, does not mention 2. Too late for me, I spent my $10 extra at Amazon but good deal. If you look at the image of the back you can tell its the Tivax.

User Tag List