Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 406 Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron350 View Post

Does any one know if the T3AP Pro box has an extended program guide like the T3AP-LL and T3AP-LS has?
I went back and read NTSCs posts about his T3AP Pro but could not find any info about EPG.

i have a Artec T3AP Pro and a non-Pro....they are identical except for the extra on-the-box buttons on the Pro.....

the epg on both is NOW/NEXT title with program descriptions for NOW/NEXT only....u can 'look ahead' a few hours but only for program titles....no program descriptions for anything past the NEXT program....which is a shame, its the only real complaint i have of this converter....and getting to those 'look ahead' titles is very slow and awkward....and its channel by channel only....which makes it an even slower and more awkward process....why its so slow i have no idea.....other functions on this unit do not act 'slow' like that...

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 406 Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM

Hello pm3839 doesn’t all this stuff get confusing. LOL
Yep your link lead me to my first T3AP-LL box I ordered from FreeTVsignal.

NTSCs T3AP Pro box is different from the older pictures of Pro boxes in this thread so I am hoping the newer Pro has the extended program guide?

Pm3839 could you please look and post the System Version (firmware version) of your Artec boxes.

NTSCs states hisT3AP Pro's firmware version is 1.0.4B.

My first T3AP-LL box SN/V1201W084800041x ordered April 2009 was System Version #1.x.x and only had Now/Next program guide. I broke the first LL box so don’t know the complete System Version #.

My T3AP-LS box SN/V1202W08410006xx ordered May 2009 has System Version # 2.0.1B and has the long EPG.

My T3AP- LL box SN/V1201W0925001205 ordered July 2009 System Version # 2.1.1B and has the long EPG.

If I remember correctly FreeTVsignal was out of T3AP-LL boxes for over a month from April to late May or early June.

Thanks
Ron
post #303 of 406 Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
My LL (2.2.1B) EPG works as pm described but the 'look ahead' list is erratic: Most times when I first select a channel it displays nothing but the list shows up when I channel away&back to that channel. It'll even do this again the next time I select that channel even though I haven't exited the list. Sometimes I get an incomplete list (ex: 3 hrs vs normally close to 12 hrs) until I 'toggle' again.

Speaking of other slow functions, it changes channels rather slow (up/down, recall). It wouldn't bother me if it had a favorites function to speed up surfing.

Another oddity: If you punch in the same channel number (ex: 5) as the channel you're already on it will jump to the next sub (ex: 5.2). I suspect it was designed this way as a feature since I'm the only one that would punch in the same number that I'm already at (I forgot where I was at ).

post #304 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Does any one know if the T3AP Pro box has an extended program guide like the T3AP-LL and T3AP-LS has?

I went back and read NTSCs posts about his T3AP Pro but could not find any info about EPG.

Yep, mine has the same slow rudimentary extended program guide that mrpeter105 details in post 132. It'll look ahead about 12 hours max, and only displays program name and time for anything past the NEXT program. I don't know if it will do more then 12 hours, that's just all I've ever noticed. And yes, it's firmware version 1.0.4B.

It will also jump to the next sub when you press the channel number you're currently watching. (As Floydage noticed.)
post #305 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Something for all to keep in mind: the EPG info is broadcast with the signal from EACH individual station. In my experience the dependability of each of the stations in my area Varies Widely at any given time and for any and all of the OTA signal which is also sent over your cable. My point is don't immeadiately blame any CB for crazy sh1rt.

HTPC With OTA only, HD with Surround is so AWESOME!
post #306 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM

NTSC thanks again for supplying all the good information.

So on your Pro box when you press the EPG button on the remote you don’t see this screen with the program list like the picture below?

This picture is what the long EPG looks like on my T3AP-LS and T3AP-LL ordered after May 2009.

post #307 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nope, when I press my EPG button I get...

And when I press "INFO", then "Down", I get...

And pressing the "Right" button shows the description of the "Next" program, General Hospital.

(Pressing the "Down" button is what drops down the description box.)

Let me know if you need any other info, I should be around the rest of today.
post #308 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Thanks NTSC great pictures as usual.
post #309 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 View Post

Something for all to keep in mind: the EPG info is broadcast with the signal from EACH individual station. In my experience the dependability of each of the stations in my area Varies Widely at any given time and for any and all of the OTA signal which is also sent over your cable. My point is don't immeadiately blame any CB for crazy sh1rt.

My problem is my box as I have a CM and it doesn't have the odd behavior I described above. Maybe I got an EPG lemon? I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem.

So it sounds like the Pro has a different EPG BUT if I recall correctly NTSC has an older unit. Anyone have a recent Pro out there?

ron, does you LL and LS have the same EPG?

post #310 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post

My problem is my box as I have a CM and it doesn't have the odd behavior I described above. Maybe I got an EPG lemon? I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem.

So it sounds like the Pro has a different EPG BUT if I recall correctly NTSC has an older unit. Anyone have a recent Pro out there?

ron, does you LL and LS have the same EPG?

1: Just a suggestion guys....

As many know here Revision numbers and Firmware ID strings vary from units bearing the SAME "model number".

As a suggestion...

1: When posting please refer to "your" unit by it's ID strings (Model number and firmware revision- and build date if possible).

(Posting my Artec T3AP-LL # 2.1.1B this or that in the body of your post ties what is being talked about to that unit more so, than referring to your Artec as "my" Artec this or that..)

(You could also add the build /or purchase date if build date is unknown: Artec T3AP-LL # 2.1.1B (July 2009)

2: When posing pics, please label /title them...(Give a brief description of what the pic is about)

On the EPG posted by Ron350 (for example) pic name is epga.jpg

Labeling it "Artec T3AP-LL # 2.1.1B (July 2009) has EPG up to 12hours out" is a better file-name, (and a title for pic) especially later on down the road when the pics get DELETED...

"Artec T3AP-LL # 2.1.1B (July 2009) has EPG up to 12hours out"

(I've seen alot of threads with very useful info de-valued to basically nothing when pics get DELETED... On the flip side on those threads in which the uploader "TITLED" the pic with a description it really helps those who may run across the thread later.... Only takes a few seconds to do and adds much value to the thread...)

3: On the EPG's varying in function... I read on the Sunkey units that earlier units had features later units did not. There was talk about early units having a better EPG than later ones... the talk being that the mfg'ers were having to pay Royalty Fees to TVGOS (or whoever) for each unit shipped so they stripped out advanced guide features. (Extended EPG).

(Zinewell 970A's below 0826? IIRC had a hidden EPG, later units this hidden guide was N/A as firmware had changed. Victim of licensing issues?/Royalty fees?)

WHY do the DTVPAL series units have a decent guide?

From what I read the DishNetwork DTVPal (AKA TR-40), and the DTVPal Plus series units do NOT have to pay these royalties... hence the reason their guides are light-years ahead of the NOW and THEN types...

post #311 of 406 Old 10-06-2009, 10:47 PM

WeAreNotAlone69
In a few weeks when all the CECB Artec boxes have been sold no one will look at this thread again.

Once the last government coupon expires folks will be looking for DVRs with digital tuners.
Should be a forum for DVRs around here somewhere.
post #312 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:

WeAreNotAlone69
In a few weeks when all the CECB Artec boxes have been sold no one will look at this thread again.

Once the last government coupon expires folks will be looking for DVRs with digital tuners.

I've been following this section of the forum for a while so I know all about the CECB market being a short term market. Once the last of the coupons are redeemed /expire in Nov that it's going to be hard-sell for the majority of people to shell out $50-60-$70 for a "CECB converter box".

The point I was trying to make (and BTW I was not "picking" on you- I was just using your ID strings /pic as a example) was that when posting people should refer to the unit by it's ID string.... and yes when posting pics you should "title" /give a description of what the pic is showing.

On no-one looking at this thread again...

While it is true that there will be hardly any people "buying" CECB units after mid Nov-2009 there will be people at a later date(s) that may be having problems with, or Googling for info on a used unit they may have picked up somewhere.

Most will search via model numbers on bottom of unit, Some via what firmware /and or build date.... To that end and I'm sure you would agree when you're doing a search is posting such info is always a "plus" as it helps narrow the search to info that pertains to YOUR unit...

As a example, run a Google search for info on replacing the water-pump on "my car" this or that or some other procedure, or problem you're experiencing, vs doing a search via the car's ID strings...
(Make/Model/Year/Trim level/Engine type.)

I'm sure you would agree that finding posts on a "problem" that is specific to the model YOU have is $$$$ preferable to posts in which posters did not state ID strings....

PS: Have you noticed that there are virtually NO DVR's with hard-drives in the North America market anymore?

Unless it's a DVR with a hard-drive... I won't be buying one..

post #313 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

The comments of WeAreNotAlone69 are particularly useful and important when both features and problems can be different within the same model#. Good suggestion.

post #314 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

AVS - DVD Recorders forum (includes units that also have a hard disk)

AVS - HDTV Recorders forum
post #315 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Meritline is showing the T3AP-LS Free plus coupon again today 10/7/09.

http://www.meritline.com/artec-digit...--p-29302.aspx

Meritline is showing a single T3AP Pro for $1.99 after coupon and 2 free with 2 coupons?

http://www.meritline.com/artec-full-...--p-26418.aspx

I am waiting to see if the latest Pro box they are selling has the long EPG before ordering one.
post #316 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting. On Meritline, I had been doing a search for "dtv converter" to see everything but I see that I'm getting a 'sale-less' screen (but the sales show up when I click on each item). I navigated through the site manually and now I see the sales (i.e. old "sale" price slashed):

http://www.meritline.com/digital-tv-...---c-7689.aspx

Other boxes on sale too.

post #317 of 406 Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbell View Post

AVS - DVD Recorders forum (includes units that also have a hard disk)

AVS - HDTV Recorders forum

Regarding ATSC OTA recording solutions:

Around 8 months ago I briefly researched for a reasonably priced recording solution to replace wife's VCR due to the Digital transition.

I found much to her dismay VERY few OTA ATSC Non-Subscription *HARD-DRIVE based type recorders. The "story" being that the subsidized cable /satellite boxes had pretty much decimated the market.... so the mfg'rs pulled out of the market.

(I excluded Subscription (Tivo), GREY-MARKET, or "high-priced" units)
GREY-MARKET=Not sold or supported by the manufacturer for sale in the North American market.)

*Hard drive recording is light years ahead of recording to a dvd disc, RW disc holds 4.7gb.. which isn't much space. Additionally you can expect the dvd burner to burn out much sooner than a hard drive.

Sad thing is right now due to the digital transition, and with Canada going digital soon that there is a HUGE market that the manufacturers are ignoring. There are millions upon millions of persons with VCR's , and/or ANALOGUE type DVR's looking for a recording solution.

(Hint-Hint to all the manufacturer's "shills" /insiders who may run across this post...
1: Every person that has a VCR, and/or ANALOGUE DVR without a ATSC tuner is a potential customer.. Think about how many VCR's are out there with ANALOGUE tuners in them which are due to the digital transition pretty much useless.
2: There is a market "out there" that due to the digital transition should be viable now more so than before the cut-off.

EG: Due to the digital transition with the increased number of OTA stations /programing being transmitted in "crystal clear DVD like clarity " that rivals and surpasses what you get with cable or satellite and most being in HD people ARE looking for VCR and ANALOGUE DVR replacements. Due to these factors, people that would a few years ago who would have not have been interested in a OTA recorder looking to save money are seriously thinking about dropping their cable, going to OTA only.

Translation: There is a large numbers of potential customers out there who would buy hard drive based OTA recorders.)

Philips 3575/3576 and Magnavox H2160
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940657

DTVPal DVR - 90 day warranty- Sort of tells you how much faith they have in the unit, eh?

Can Anyone recommend the DTVPal DVR After Using it For One Year
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=17317262

The Official AVS Dish DTVPal DVR Topic!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post15369795

Comparison Chart of available OTA recorders
(Compare these specs to what a PC running a HDHomeRun, or SEVERAL HDHomeRun tuners can do! NOTE: Each HDHomeRun has (2) tuners- So with a PC you can record 2,4, 6, 8? channels.... Additionally note: With a PC based solution hard drive space is unlimited /easily expanded)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...56&postcount=6

After reviewing all the Pro's, and Con's I went with a PC based recording solution (and yes it is viewable via TV thru S-Video, and to the 61" Big screen Tv via HDMI/DVI.)

(*Note that most ALL TV's these days have HDMI, so PC to TV should not be much of a problem.)

Solution I arrived at was a SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuner and a PC running WIN7 Media Center which gives me GUIDE data, with detailed program info out to (2) weeks.

PS: Since the tuner plugs into your "NETWORK" ....The tuner(s) and guide programming are accessible via ANY computer on your network... Additionally note you can EXPAND your system (add tuners), and EXPAND HARD DRIVE SPACE VERY EASILY SINCE you are using a PC.

NOTE: If buying used, you want to try to find a REV 2 unit... On the bottom of the unit is a sticker... if if starts of 1013 (or above) I'm pretty sure it's a REV 2 unit.

To verify /get support check out the support forums:

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/

HDHomeRun® Networked Digital TV Tuner

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815327005

http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun_atsc

HDHomeRun® Networked Digital TV Tuner
One Box, Two Digital Tuners, Anywhere on Your Network

* Watch TV from any computer on your network.
* Record full 1080i broadcast resolution.
* Pause, rewind, fast-forward live TV.
* Schedule and record all your favorite TV shows.
* Expand with multiple HDHomeRun devices.

TV sources

* For use in United States and Canada:
o ATSC over-the-air digital TV.
o Unencrypted digital cable.
* For Europe, Australia, and New Zealand click here

Works with popular DVR software:

* Pause, rewind, fast-forward live TV.
* Record all your favorite TV shows by name.
* Integrated TV guide (provided by the DVR software).

Seamless operation with multiple computers:

* Run Vista Media Center on multiple computers sharing the pool of HDHomeRun tuners.
* Tuners are automatically allocated between computers as needed.
* Multiple HDHomeRun units can be used together to expand the number of tuners.
* Tuner pooling works with Windows Media Center, BeyondTV, SageTV, GBPVR, MediaPortal, and TotalMedia.
* Free software/firmware upgrade available for download.

Compatible With:

* Windows Media Center:
o MCE 2005 (32/64-bit)
o Vista WMC (32/64-bit)
o WMC TV Pack (32/64-bit)
o Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
* Elgato EyeTV - DVR for Mac
* MythTV - DVR for Linux
* SnapStream BeyondTV - DVR for Windows
* SageTV - DVR for Windows/Linux/Mac
* MediaPortal - DVR for Windows
* GB-PVR - DVR for Windows
* VLC - Multi-platform media viewer
* TSReader - MPEG-2 transport stream analysis

Specifications:

* 8-VSB (ATSC over-the-air digital TV)
* QAM64/256 (unencrypted digital cable TV)
* 100baseTX high speed network
* 1 year warranty

Requirements:

* 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 or better for HD playback
* 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
* 1-4 GB per 1/2 hour of DTV recording
post #318 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 05:43 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

WeAreNotAlone69,
Good, informative post. I have had HTPC, MCE 2005, for almost 3 years now, OTA only. Can't be beat. I would recomend that if you are not PC literate that you buy an already set up out of the box ready to go unit. If you do not have a Digital TV and have to use a CB for OTA it will be much more complicated as far as the EPG goes. As for any additional expense remember it is a PC and HTPC is just another application.

post #319 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought I read somewhere that the content suppliers didn't like the idea of viewers being able to have copies of original content that equaled the original quality and haven't been able to completely control copyright issues.

That said, with the rise in PC based recording, is there any profit in consumer grade recording equipment? Look at what's happening to the CECB market. I can't believe Channel Master will be the only manufacturer who continues to produce a STB.
post #320 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
tc1
Advanced Member

They may not like it but whatever quality you can recieve DTV OTA can be recorded and played back at the same quality on a PC and a nice big flatscreen TV. You can have a TIVO capability and with OTA NO monthly charges. That can pay for your PC in a couple years or less. I believe only unencrypted cable is possible though.

post #321 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

.....I can't believe Channel Master will be the only manufacturer who continues to produce a STB.

I am interested in where you might have bumped in that info?

I ask because when I was talking to them on the phone about the button debounce and badly overlapping rotor/cecb remote control issues,
they seemed to indicate to me that it wouldn't be worth a firmware rewrite for a unit they would only be producing a few more months...

I'm not challenging you, I'll glady call CM myself to confirm this.
I just would like to be able to quote "Something" on the issue when I call.

James Clerk Maxwell spins in his grave,
not along his long axis,
but head over heel
We The People
Doppler Effect: Effect of stupid ideas appearing smarter when they come at you rapidly!
post #322 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM

WeAreNotAlone69,

I would like to ask you what CECB's you have tried in your enviroment with the same antenna feed you use on this HD Home Run unit?

Features are wonderful, but I am asking specifically about the sensitivity of the tuner and ability to hold sync compared to common CECB models we all know in this forum (I am assuming you must have at least one of them to be in this forum's section...).

Thank you for any input you can afford this topic.

Update:
Upon reading COMMENTS by people that have also purchased this unit,
it looks like another awsome piece of hardware with crappy software.

Note to potential purchasers (Like me).
Sadly although it does do Clear (Unencrypted) cable QAM,
it does not do plain NTSC cable as a well.
To bad, this is perfect otherwise...

not along his long axis,
but head over heel
We The People
Doppler Effect: Effect of stupid ideas appearing smarter when they come at you rapidly!
post #323 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Hello pm3839 doesn’t all this stuff get confusing. LOL Yep your link lead me to my first T3AP-LL box I ordered from FreeTVsignal.
NTSCs T3AP Pro box is different from the older pictures of Pro boxes in this thread so I am hoping the newer Pro has the extended program guide?

Pm3839 could you please look and post the System Version (firmware version) of your Artec boxes. NTSCs states hisT3AP Pro's firmware version is 1.0.4B.

My first T3AP-LL box SN/V1201W084800041x ordered April 2009 was System Version #1.x.x and only had Now/Next program guide. I broke the first LL box so don’t know the complete System Version #.
My T3AP-LS box SN/V1202W08410006xx ordered May 2009 has System Version # 2.0.1B and has the long EPG.
My T3AP- LL box SN/V1201W0925001205 ordered July 2009 System Version # 2.1.1B and has the long EPG...... Thanks Ron

sorry for the delay in replying...i havnt been able to get online the last few days...

the firmware in my Artec T3AP PRO box (purchased 1/09) is version 1.0.4B.....i loaned out my non-Pro box so i cant check its firmware # but i think it was the same 1.0.4B...and my EPG and INFO screens are the same as what NTSC showed in his post for both the Pro and the non-Pro boxes...

heres something that i really like about the ARTECS >
a channel doesnt have to be in memory or have been previously scanned to be displayed....example, enter any channel number and the tuner will tune to that actual rf channel and display its video if a signal is present...

this is great for checking random distant (dx) signals that only sometimes will be present due to weather/tropo conditions, etc....theres no need to go thru the whole channel scan process...and if u enter the rf channel # of a channel that has already been scanned to memory it will 're-tune' to that channels virtual/PSIP channel number and display it....

my TR40 and ZINWELL boxes will not do that....the TR40 will go to the nearest channel number in memory and the ZINWELL simply displays a NO CHANNEL error message....

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
post #324 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have any information on how much longer they are going to produce the unit, but I thought there was a post in the associated thread about how they are possibly the only supplier still manufacturing CECB's.
post #325 of 406 Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839 View Post

....enter any channel number and the tuner will tune to that actual rf channel and display its video if a signal is present

Just like all equipment "Used" to do...
Gosh I wish ALL manufactures would retain the obvious.

Thank you for noting that feature for all of us,
it is one of those things you would only find by accident (Usually).

I am really liking these units, and when I'm through with the current ubber-project I've taken on I will research a S-Video mod for my plain vanilla (Non-pro) LL unit and share with all.

I'll do the mod for free on a "Pro" unit in trade for a copy of the firmware too,
I'll even pay shipping on one of the two directions to be fair.
(I'll recode my current serial into the Pro firmware before flashing...)

not along his long axis,
but head over heel
We The People
post #326 of 406 Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839 View Post

heres something that i really like about the ARTECS >
a channel doesnt have to be in memory or have been previously scanned to be displayed....example, enter any channel number and the tuner will tune to that actual rf channel and display its video if a signal is present...

That explains why I saw something unusual with my LL the other day - I accidentally punched in the wrong digits and it showed "no audio" rather than the usual "no signal," as if it was picking up a weak signal.

Your RF # method discovery is a neat feature. I wish I could do that on my VCRed Zinwell that won't hold lock for more than 15 minutes on RF CH 11; this CBS station also transmits on UHF so I have to make sure I'm on the right RF CH when I record.

post #327 of 406 Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Meritline is showing a single T3AP Pro for $1.99 after coupon and 2 free with 2 coupons?

http://www.meritline.com/artec-full-...--p-26418.aspx

I am waiting to see if the latest Pro box they are selling has the long EPG before ordering one.

OK, I'm in for one Pro. I figure always good to have a spare (and esp a spare remote!) since I bought the LL for my van.

A little scary the site doesn't verify the coupon when you order while the receipt implies I'm paying the full price.

IMPORTANT!: With our coupons approaching expiration, watch out for the stores' cut-off times. As I processed the order it stated 7 days for Meritline. I couldn't find any info at freeTVsignal (may have to go through the order process to see it). I suspect Amazon and retail outlets have much shorter requirements.

Hey, did anyone add their own CH/VOL buttons to their non-Pros?

post #328 of 406 Old 10-09-2009, 02:51 PM

That Meritline check out sounds scary.

Quote:

Hey, did anyone add their own CH/VOL buttons to their non-Pros?

I am looking for the right box to put it in like a small satellite box with buttons on the front.
post #329 of 406 Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 PM

RE: Scary Meritline.com/ checkout.

NOTE: If you have CECB $0 off coupons...
NO credit card is needed if ordering (2) boxes if they are priced at $80... as cost after coupons with FREE SHIPPING is (0).

Terms are:

Order must be placed at least 7 days before coupon expiration date. We do not redeem coupon expired on the same day as the order date. We do not redeem coupon On Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Only thing you need to be aware of is you need to copy and paste digital80off into the coupon box if ordering (2) units, for (1) digital40off,.... and make sure to enter you coupon numbers into the "order Notes" box, BEFORE clicking the CHECKOUT NOW button.

PS... If you have coupons.... You have to MANUALLY input them into the ORDER NOTES SECTION box, BEFORE SUBMITTING your ORDER (CHECKING OUT)

Once you add the items to your cart

ADD: digital80off into the coupon box if ordering (2) units, for (1) digital40off, CLICK APPLY, Type in your ZIP code...and CLICK GO.

THEN SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE to the "ORDER NOTES" section and type into the box your Coupon numbers, the Expiration date and the CVV2 numbers....... BEFORE CLICKING ON THE "CHECKOUT NOW" BUTTON.....

On the checkout page I think you verify which shipping method =Ground Service $0.00.... and submit order

FYI: They have restocked....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post17350644

Artec T3AP-LS=$40 for one, $80 for (2) FREE SHIPPING (Sanyo Tuner)

Artec T3A Pro=$42 for one, $80 for (2) FREE SHIPPING (Sanyo Tuner?)

Artec T3AP-LL=$44 for one, $80 for (2) FREE SHIPPING (LG Tuner)

Artec T3APR with TV GUIDE $55, 105 for (2) FREE SHIPPING

PS: Order receipt will show COUPON Info you entered in the "Order Notes" section at time of order. It will also show "digital40off, or digital80off" right below your Subtotal

Subtotal ..........................$80.00
Coupon (digital80off)....... -80.00
Shipping (Ground Service):.. 0.00
Tax:......................................0.00 (There is probably tax in CA.)
Total:....................................0.00

I would advise all placing a order to verify info on Order Receipt, retain there cards...

post #330 of 406 Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThePeople View Post

WeAreNotAlone69,

I would like to ask you what CECB's you have tried in your enviroment with the same antenna feed you use on this HD Home Run unit?

Features are wonderful, but I am asking specifically about the sensitivity of the tuner and ability to hold sync compared to common CECB models we all know in this forum (I am assuming you must have at least one of them to be in this forum's section...).

Thank you for any input you can afford this topic.

Update:
Upon reading COMMENTS by people that have also purchased this unit,
it looks like another awsome piece of hardware with crappy software.

Note to potential purchasers (Like me).
Sadly although it does do Clear (Unencrypted) cable QAM,
it does not do plain NTSC cable as a well.
To bad, this is perfect otherwise...

Sensitivity of the SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuner- compared to CECB's.

I have several (many) CECB boxes.
DTVPal Plus (3)
Zenith DTT901 (1)
Zinewell 950 (2)
Zinewell 970A (1)
APEX DT502 (3)
And
Artec- Pro's (Sanyo tuner?) (2) on their way to me now..

The only units I really use are primarily the DTVPal Plus units... Nice to have that guide (WAF). Been a while since I've had anything else connected up.

You asked about the sensitivity of the SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuner- compared to CECB's. My antenna setup is (really) screwed up right (damaged, plus trees in the way old cabling, etc) now feeding (I think) the HDHomerun and a DTVPal. DTVPal is slightly more sensitive with the HDHomeRun being slightly more sensitive than the APEX DT502's..

On the HDHomeRun software...

There is a install program that scans for channels, and a program built into that to confirms the tuners are working.

There is also a "new" app called HDHomeRun TV that allows quick access...(If you have nothing else- or you suspect you MCE app is screwed up.)

Beyond that the tuner relies upon the below apps to function:

* Windows Media Center:
o MCE 2005 (32/64-bit)
o Vista WMC (32/64-bit)
o WMC TV Pack (32/64-bit)
o Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
* Elgato EyeTV - DVR for Mac
* MythTV - DVR for Linux
* SnapStream BeyondTV - DVR for Windows
* SageTV - DVR for Windows/Linux/Mac
* MediaPortal - DVR for Windows
* GB-PVR - DVR for Windows
* VLC - Multi-platform media viewer (FREE)

Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page