Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 406 Old 01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have found any "weird inconsistency" to usually be the broadcast stations incompetency since I started the DTV experience 3 years ago. Your EPG info is coming, or not, or sometimes, or maybe, from each individual station in the PSIP. Then comes reception and last your equipment. Just my experience.

HTPC With OTA only, HD with Surround is so AWESOME!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 406 Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 View Post

I have found any "weird inconsistency" to usually be the broadcast stations incompetency since I started the DTV experience 3 years ago. Your EPG info is coming, or not, or sometimes, or maybe, from each individual station in the PSIP. Then comes reception and last your equipment. Just my experience.

Not in the case with these Artecs I'm describing. The PSIP data doesn't change by the second or the minute (per my testing scenario). Also, my CM doesn't do this. My reception is excellent and all these boxes tie to the same antenna (the Artecs actually have one less two-way split so 3 dB more signal strength).

post #393 of 406 Old 01-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post

..........Disclaimers: > I don't have a schematic. The input supply line could run to another circuit (doubtful IMO); the lack of vias makes me think it's a mere two layer PCB, therefore there's not too many places for the line to route.......

just curious.....whats a 'vias'?

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
post #394 of 406 Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839 View Post

just curious.....whats a 'vias'?

The little plated-through holes on some boards that give them that swiss cheese look. Sort of resemble rivets. They connect circuit traces from one layer to another.

post #395 of 406 Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM

I know this is old but I just found a GE remote that works the Artec and the Magnavox DTV boxes that were elgible for the coupons. Model GE 24944, sells for about 5 dollars.
post #396 of 406 Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Liked: 11
Thanks for posting that.

Are they available any particular place?
post #397 of 406 Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I suspect a lot of the u-remotes support these boxes now. In fact they may have the past few years; I bought a cheap Philips two years ago at CVS and the outer packaging didn't mention anything about converter boxes but the code list inside has a section for them in use with the cable button (although one can probably program to other buttons as well). But the newer model advertises it on the packaging.

post #398 of 406 Old 04-17-2011, 06:51 AM

Sorry about not replying sooner, got sidetracked . This particular remote came from walmart, $4.94 plus tax. It uses a 4 digit code insted of three, was a breeze to program. I had put my Artec box aside when the remote quit and was using the Magnavox box. Wife picked the remote up at Walmart, I didn't have any hope that it would work since it was so cheap. Got to playing with it after a few days, had the Magnavox box going and within a few minutes, had the remote working the Toshiba tv and the box. I dug out the Artec, plugged it up and set the code, works great. I used the cbl/sat button for the box, the tv button for the tv and the dvd button for the dvd player. Guess I better get me a spare remote just to be on the safe side.
post #399 of 406 Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM

The remote is small so that is a plus in my opinion. I hate to put on a back brace just to pick up a remote to change channels.
post #400 of 406 Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Someone wrote a review on the remote, here is the link.

http://www.viewpoints.com/GE-GE-Univ...4-review-3f6d7

The only thing I disagree with on the user review, they state using three batteries, only uses two.
post #401 of 406 Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Liked: 11
If you want to lighten remotes, use lithium batteries.
post #402 of 406 Old 04-17-2011, 08:07 AM

I hear you THX-1138, I wasn't talking so much about the weight of most remotes but mostly about the size of some of them. Some are so bulky, you have to hold them in one hand and push the buttons with the other one.
post #403 of 406 Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 PM

I have this converter box; cannot find the remote anywhere.  I have a rca rcr312 wr universal remote that I want to program the artec to.  This company no longer in business; web page suspended, contact phone# disconnected.  There is NO code for this manufacturer ANYWHERE on the rcaaccessories website which will provide codes for each of their remotes.  Do you have or could tell me where to access this info.  I have been "surfing" for over two hours on this and am SOOOO frustrated!!  Thank You

post #404 of 406 Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Do you have the code for the artec converter box.  Desperately need for my universal remote.  Thanks.

post #405 of 406 Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Every u-remote model has its own set of codes (i.e. Artec does not set a code for u-remotes). Assuming that u-remote will even control converter boxes the code has to come from the RCA RCR312 info. You could try the painstaking code search method (ex: searches 001 - 999); if there's not a DTV or converter box mode button the cable mode button is a pretty common substitute.
Artecs appeared to be Zenith/Insignia clones IMO so you might try those codes.

post #406 of 406 Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Per RCA RCR312 R/C User Manual and Code List, they only supported 18 CECB Manufacturers....Artec was NOT one of them.....but you might want to try all 18 Codes and hope you get lucky (probably NOT):
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/RCR312W/RCR312W_OTHER_CL.pdf
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remotes/2-3-devices/?sku=RCR312W

And since it doesn't support Learning, if one of the 18 codes above don't work, you'll need to get a new R/C that DOES support the Artec....and LEARNING to avoid these kinds of problems in the future....as well as to fill in the MISSING functions that inevitably don't fit on the limited number of buttons. Such as fol.:

ONE-FOR-ALL OARC05C Remote Control (for under $20 via Amazon et.al.) supports 5 Devices, LEARNING and codes for 34 CECB Manufacturers, incl. ARTEC:
http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13388/~/information,-owners-manual,-code-list-and-support-for-the-one-for-all-oarc05g
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/OARC05G/OARC05G_OM.pdf
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/OARC05G/OARC05G_OTHER_CL.pdf

If you have another ONE-FOR-ALL R/C in mind, you can download MOST code lists and manuals here:
http://www.oneforall.com/support/
BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY LEFT OFF THE OARC05C....go figure.
So I simply used Google to search for "ONE-FOR-ALL OARC05G codes"....which would also work for other manufacturers.

PS: URC WR7 (under $20 on Amazon, et.al.) supports 7 Devices, more Bells&Whistles, LEARNING, 15 CECBs (aka "D2A"), incl. ARTEC...but is missing several popular manufacturers, such as Channel Master:
http://www.universalremote.com/pdf/wr7_manual.pdf
http://www.universalremote.com/
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page