DigitalStream installed, question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the DigitalStream DTX9900 from Rat Shack.

I bought it for one of my sons, who lives in the big city and is using a cast-off old 1997 TV I gave him.

I just tested it on an old Daewoo TV I have lying around. Seems to work well, but one question, and yes, I did RTFM

Is it wise to turn off the DigitalStream when you are done watching TV. I would assume yes....but want to know what to tell my son when I drop it off at his place on Saturday????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I don't think it matters - if there is anything untoward - just power it off and on and it should start running again.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Being A Beacon of Knowledge in the darkness of FUD
post #3 of 5 Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintop View Post

Is it wise to turn off the DigitalStream when you are done watching TV. I would assume yes....but want to know what to tell my son when I drop it off at his place on Saturday????

I also have the DTX9900. It only draws what, 7 watts which isn't going to break the bank if you leave it on. I suggest you checkout the menu features. You can select an auto turnoff after X number of hours. I set mine for two and the thing shuts itself off after two hours. Should you turn if off when finished? Why not. After all we're all GREEN anymore, right?
post #4 of 5 Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 410
I'm using mine with a DVDR and turn it off after it's done recording. Nice thing is, it remembers the channel it was set to when it was on and comes up in that channel.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #5 of 5 Old 04-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintop View Post

I bought it for one of my sons, who lives in the big city and is using a cast-off old 1997 TV I gave him.

I just tested it on an old Daewoo TV I have lying around. Seems to work well, but one question, and yes, I did RTFM

Keep in mind that, unless you go into the setup and change it, the DTX9900 will default to turning itself off after 4 hours. This actually is part of the NTIA requirements. All CECBs do that, but must also allow you to turn that feature off.

My new DTX9900 does get somewhat warm (especially on the bottom) after a period of use. Since it has a plastic case, maybe it'd be extra cautious to have him leave the auto off setting at 4, 6, or 8 hours, rather than disabling that feature? Shouldn't melt in that time frame, I'd hope

I see that an earlier reply covered this point. Sorry for the repetition.
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page