Help - Need Digital Stream DTX- 9900 Remote Compatability - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2008, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I've looked at a number of sites and the relevant threads here but cannot find the answer. I have 2 DTX-9900's just purchased. Both seem to work flawlessly. My only complaint is that we want to use two in our house RF network so different programs can be watched in different rooms. The in box modulator is only channel 3/4 capable and bleeds over either side to the adjacent channel. So, in order to use them both we run one on Channel 4 RF and use the RCA outputs on the other into a 4 channel ChannelVision MTS modulator which is fully channel addressable. Too much to reasonably ask for a $19 net box.

Anyway the real problem is that I need to be able to remote control the boxes from universal remote controls - but not the ones included with the boxes. (wife and kids have mandatory 1 controller per location limit) I have not found a compatible code number that can be entered into a universal controller, nor has the manual search function of the universal controller yielded an answer. I see references that these are compatible with the Pioneer cable boxes, but have not been able to confirm that. Does any one really know an answer to this? By the way, 2 of the universal controllers are part of a Dishnetwork Dual IR/RF System and do not have learning capability but do have an extensive library of possibilities. Help greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 PM

is it a problem?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Yes it is a problem that needs to be resolved to work in our household. Do you happen to knwo a mathc of the reomote codes? One more remote is one more too many...............

Thanks,

Todd
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page