post #31 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kolton View Post

Malouff,
I just checked the Microprose website and see no indication that the box is in stock. My understanding is that delivery will begin on July 31.

On their webstore link the stock has gone down from Stock : 22166
to Stock : 21833 whatever that means.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

You guys might also remember Microprose posted in it's news section that they will also be announcing shortly its partnership with a key Association in the United States connected to Television Broadcasting.

Looks like there is finally a official comment about this partnership along with a side banner for Microprose at http://www.KeepUSOn.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepUsOn.com View Post

Microprose Systems, LLC and the CBA have formed an alliance to help the millions of over-the-air TV viewers, who’s NTIA coupons are set to expire on May 31st if not used. This partnership provides a much needed solution to the millions of viewers who watch LPTV and Class A television stations....

Also yes I have posted a question there before becoming a AVS Forum member. I must have also got a Microprose email from them
Quote:
QUESTION Is there a form to find out if the Class A, Low Power, and TV Translator stations in my area have any plans to switch to digital or stay analog? What is the best way to find out? Do I need to do a search at http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/tvq.html for each station and get their contact information and ask each one directly?
ANSWER Unfortunately, there is no single source for information on when and how the thousands of Class A, Low Power, and TV Translator stations across the Country will move to Digital operations. Your suggestion about visiting the FCC website is a good one. The best information on what plans the various stations have in your area for converting to Digital will be obtained form those stations directly. Good luck.

post #33 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

I know that they say delivery might not begin until July 31

I am in no rush I want something that will last for a long time and is using LG SoC

It will probably start shipping sooner they are being safe with the date to avoid becoming another MaxMedia scandal.
post #34 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnied View Post

On their webstore link the stock has gone down from Stock : 22166
to Stock : 21833 whatever that means.

John

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the "in stock" number reflects an initial allotment or anticipated shipment from the manufacturer. Allocating each unit sold against this number might be a way to conform to the NTIA's rules covering preorders and coupon redemption.

And I agree, it appears they are trying to avoid another convertmy.tv fiasco.
post #35 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

This may be sounding pushy about the MicroProse, but I want to help you see its potential and decide if this CECB is for you.
  • No audio problems - it is using the upcoming Zenith DTT901 SoC
  • Why would LG make a custom chip - they customize the firmware
    -
  • It is the only available LG based box with Analog Passthru
  • I don't know when the Zenith DDT901 is coming out - they need to get rid of the DTT900 first
    -
  • It is the only LG based box with both a metal case and external power supply
  • It has the potential to use a cigarette power plug for emergencies
  • It should be the coolest running to prolong its useful life
    -
  • "Stereo" or "Mono" menu with fixed audio should not matter
  • Do Zenith APRIL 2008 owners care about that menu now that it is fixed?
    -
  • It may not have a audible beep signal meter
  • How many times do you use this function?
    -
  • Doesn't have - sleep, favorite, Recall, and TV power buttons on remote
  • IR codes are probably in the boxes firmware just missing in the remote
    -
  • Inability for a easy exchange/refund because it's not retail
  • With a retail refund/return your coupons are still ticking to their expiration
  • Eventually you will only have the Manufacturer's Warranty like the one that comes with the MicroProse.
  • The only real good thing about retail is that you can try then buy
    -
  • It has menu differences Top Menu vs Side Menu | things missing
  • What important things in the menu are missing?
  • Looks like everything that should be important is all there
    -
  • It is cheaper then the Zenith
  • It has more controls on the box if you loose your remote
I have also heard and you can read the forums that a Simple PSIP EPG is the best for these CECB's - why do you think that the ATSC founder LG/Zenith went with this type of EPG.

It takes more CPU and memory for a Full PSIP EPG and none of the CECBs have that so those with what looks like a better EPG are actually slower.

I encourage those who have EXPIRING COUPONS or those who want to save money over the upcoming Zenith DTT901 to order one

We are allowed two coupons and if you can't wait for delivery buy something retail with your other one.

I am saving my other one for the DTVPal with a TVGuide EPG and all the features that come with that.

I am hoping that the TVGuide system is better than the PSIP EPG system is.
Manufacturers have to pay Gemstar/Macrovision to use the TVGuide system.
This is why it is not very common place in these CECBs.

I have a feeling that the MicroProse will actually be better than the DTVPal in every area except for the Guide.

This is because the DTVPal might have problems like it's Falcon Digital cousins (Sansonic/Gridlink) since they are suppose to share some of the same internal parts like the MicroTune Tunner.
post #36 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

I decided against the Microprose for the simple fact that its remote cannot control the TV's power.

I don't understand why there are so many boxes that don't have this feature. It seems pretty basic to me.
post #37 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malouff View Post

This may be sounding pushy about the MicroProse, but I want to help you see its potential and decide if this CECB is for you.
  • No audio problems - it is using the upcoming Zenith DTT901 SoC
  • Why would LG make a custom chip - they customize the firmware
    -
  • It is the only available LG based box with Analog Passthru
  • I don't know when the Zenith DDT901 is coming out - they need to get rid of the DTT900 first
    -
  • It is the only LG based box with both a metal case and external power supply
  • It has the potential to use a cigarette power plug for emergencies
  • It should be the coolest running to prolong its useful life
    -
  • "Stereo" or "Mono" menu with fixed audio should not matter
  • Do Zenith APRIL 2008 owners care about that menu now that it is fixed?
    -
  • It may not have a audible beep signal meter
  • How many times do you use this function?
    -
  • Doesn't have - sleep, favorite, Recall, and TV power buttons on remote
  • IR codes are probably in the boxes firmware just missing in the remote
    -
  • Inability for a easy exchange/refund because it's not retail
  • With a retail refund/return your coupons are still ticking to their expiration
  • Eventually you will only have the Manufacturer's Warranty like the one that comes with the MicroProse.
  • The only real good thing about retail is that you can try then buy
    -
  • It has menu differences Top Menu vs Side Menu | things missing
  • What important things in the menu are missing?
  • Looks like everything that should be important is all there
    -
  • It is cheaper then the Zenith
  • It has more controls on the box if you loose your remote

I don't think your arguments hold. Microprose needs to respond to its competition. LG Electronics/Zenith has the advantage. They make the chips. Ain't life unfair?
  • The Zenith DTT901, using lower power, not only saves on your electric bill, but means the unit will run cooler. Better reception is likely as a result.
  • The audible beeping signal strength meter will be used very frequently to position my distantly located indoor TV antenna for changing channels and atmospheric conditions.
  • My mono TV only has a single RCA audio input jack, so having a Mono option means no Y-adapter is needed to combine L-R audio.
  • I frequently use the remote "Recall Last Channel" function. There is no excuse for Microprose to omit it from the remote.
  • The Microprose is not cheaper. The Zenith DTT900 has been selling for $19.95 plus $40 coupon at most retail stores--the same price Microprose is offering. I don't expect any change in price for the DTT901.
  • If the Microprose is not currently in stock, the DTT901 will likely be in stock at stores before the Microprose will be shipping.
  • If you like the buttons on the Microprose box, the AC adapter, and the longer warranty--BUY IT! Otherwise I see no reason not to wait for the DTT901.
For the Zenith DTT901 power requirement, see:
http://www.energystar.gov/ia/product..._prod_list.pdf
post #38 of 202 Old 05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Yes LG/Zenith makes the chips.
They have the power to modify anything in their firmware any way they want.
Unlike all the other manufactures who are using a LG chip and need a development kit and license.

LG/Zenith also controls the supply of the chips so they can cut/limit the supply and keep for themselves .

Zenith also already makes remotes, converters, tv's, etc., so unlike those licensing there chip.
LG don't have to invest as much as any other CECB Manufactures.

We all know that LG/Zenith is the one profiting from this DTV transition.

You must have to reposition your antenna for different channels by yourself then -
So yes the audible beeping signal strength meter will be useful for you.

You must have a Karl's in your town then - I noticed they have it for $49.00 second page in the PDF.
That or you don't have to pay gas or sales tax when getting your local Zenith.

You are correct the Microprose is not currently in stock and neither is the Zenith DTT901.

The Microprose does however provide the best passthru option for those with EXPIRING COUPONS who cannot WAIT for the Zenith DTT901, unless you found another option?

I also live in a area that does not sell any Zenith's so I would have to drive 2 hours to get one then 2 hours back home or also have to have one shipped to me.

I never said I thought the remote was the best in the world, there are worse

I also don't see how we are comparing apples and oranges.
Isn't it more like varieties of apples?

You do know Smoke_signal that you could also pre-order the Apex DT250 with passthru for $40.37
that will begin shipping June 10th.
This way you have all the features. Smart Antenna and S-Video
But you will be missing out on a Service Port like other Zoran boxes

Now that is Apples and Oranges LG vs Zoran - two things that are made different
post #39 of 202 Old 05-21-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_signal View Post

The Microprose is very tempting, but I am holding out for the Zenith DTT901. My 1 coupon expires June 30, and I can still order a 2nd coupon, if necessary. I like the volume/channel/menu buttons, the longer warranty, and, if I needed it, the option to run it off a car battery would be nice. However, I prefer the audible beep signal meter offered by Zenith, the Recall Last Channel button on the remote, the mono/stereo option, and the lower power requirement of the DTT901.

You may be right about Microprose "longer warranty" of
Quote:

warranty is 90 days/1 year

compared to Zenith 3 mo./12 mo. however an explanation & link to Microprose warranty would be needed.

I agree the possibility of running it off a battery would be nice & so far is the only Microprose advantage to me.
post #40 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 AM

Update from Microprose - I just received an email that the boxes with pass through are not available. They want to switch my order for a non-pass through version or cancel it! Help - which box now as my coupons expire on Monday 5/26?
post #41 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 05:27 AM

Are you sure you need APT (Analog Pass Through) & why?
APT for the vast majority will not be needed after the Feb. change over to DTV & will only have limited usefulness for some. Many who have switched to DTV are saying do it now, don't wait, it's better ... so the vast majority will not need APT now.
If wanted, many of us on this forum can do APT w/o it in the tuner/converter.
post #42 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 AM

Looks like I'll stay with my Microprose order as the only boxes available locally are bad ones. What a terrible government program and ridiculous expiration deadline! This will really be a mess when all is said and done and so many people are stuck with defective boxes - and realize they were had by a poor government program - once again... kind of how I feel right now also about gas prices. Thanks for your advice on the microprose.
post #43 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 AM

This is what I received from Microprose - so it appears they got into trouble taking pre-orders?:
Hello -

It will be available by end of July, however we are not allowed to take any coupon based orders for that model until the unit appears on the CECB list, so I'm afriad no, we may not apply your coupons to those particular units at this time.

Microprose Sales Team

sales@microproseonline.com wrote:
Order #: 0508-1642
Phone: 563 382-2295
Category: Sales
Will the pass through version be available in the near future and can I apply my coupons to those?
post #44 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 12:13 PM

I've been following the converter box forums for months now trying to sort all this out - still don't have it.

1. Could someone please explain the purpose and advantage of the "pass through" feature on a converter box?

2. I have a TV with a built in VCR. Could you tell me how a converter box will work, or not work with this TV/VCR unit? Will a converter box on the antenna line automatically allow the VCR portion to work with the converted signal?

3. Here's the one I am really confused about. I have three other TV's with external VCR units used for time shifting of movies. Will I need a converter box for each TV and a second converter box for each VCR, a total of six? Then I think theres the question of how all three remotes, TV, VCR, Converter box, are going to work to control the intended piece of equipment without controlling a non intended piece of equipment.

Will I have to buy a converter box for the VCR that is a different manufacture than the converter box that is connected to the corresponding TV?

Your help to uderstand this would be appreciated.

Thanks
post #45 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

dlxn7 thank you for the news about MicroProse.
I can't believe that I never got any eMail notice like you did.

I checked my order online and it's description has also been changed from this:
1x #MPI-500PT/15 Digital to Analog TV Converter Settop Box = $19.99

To the DIGITAL ONLY:
MPI-500 DTV (DIGITAL ONLY) Converter S 1-$19.99

I used the contact form at http://www.KeepUSOn.com and asked the CBA about it too.

I also sent a eMail addressed to all of the NTIA coupon people (all eight of them)
Asking them about MicroProse not being able to sell the MPI-500PT

Two sent a automated response saying they are on vacation.
Anthony Wilhelm - on official travel from May 20 through May 28
Kathie Klass - on official travel returning Thursday, May 29, 2008

I will give it a day or two for a response from the other six NTIA people.
Then I will first check the NTIA list to see if anything was changed.
If not I plan on calling a few of these NTIA people.

I am SORRY to all of you that I had/was convincing that the MicroProse MPI-500PT was a good idea
it still is if the MPI-500PT is what will be shipping

I don't know about the rest of you but I do live in a area that only has low-power translators and they all will not be going digital for another 2-4 years so Analog PassThru is very important to me
I do not like how it is implemented in the Philco/Magnavox along with their heat problems.

Not only that but once my area is All Digital Analog PassThru will still be important for daisy-chaining devices.

For example feeding the Antenna Signal to two Converter Boxes without using a splitter or A/B switch.
Hooking up one CECB to the TV and one CECB to the VCR.
post #46 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tried View Post

I've been following the converter box forums for months now trying to sort all this out - still don't have it.

1. Could someone please explain the purpose and advantage of the "pass through" feature on a converter box?

There will still be analog signals on low power and translator stations after the high power transition date next year. For those people it would have benefit in not having to use splitters or switches.

Quote:

2. I have a TV with a built in VCR. Could you tell me how a converter box will work, or not work with this TV/VCR unit? Will a converter box on the antenna line automatically allow the VCR portion to work with the converted signal?

Tune the tv/vcr to receive channel 3 or 4, whatever the converter box is set to output on, whatever goes in you can watch or tape.

Quote:

3. Here's the one I am really confused about. I have three other TV's with external VCR units used for time shifting of movies. Will I need a converter box for each TV and a second converter box for each VCR, a total of six? Then I think theres the question of how all three remotes, TV, VCR, Converter box, are going to work to control the intended piece of equipment without controlling a non intended piece of equipment.

You will need 3 boxes to go into each vcr, you can then watch whatever the vcr is taping or tuned to or having passed through it. If you would likely want to watch something other then what the vcr is taping then you would need a converter box for that tv with switches or splitters.

The remote codes for the converter boxes (for the converter box functions) seem to be other than those for tv or vcr so there is not a conflict.

Quote:

Will I have to buy a converter box for the VCR that is a different manufacture than the converter box that is connected to the corresponding TV?

Yes you would.
post #47 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

KeepUsOn.com has removed the MicroProse from their list and also the web banner they had.

They did have this comment, so they must have got my message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepUsOn.com View Post

NTIA needs to wake up and move beyond bean (or coupon) counting and make sure that the PUBLIC -- the people whose tax dollars are funding this program -- is served by the digital transition. They must get to work and make sure that the Microprose pass-through converter box that CBA is trying to offer is approved in 24 hours. This box is built with circuitry that NTIA and the FCC have already examined. There is no reason why NTIA and the FCC cannot make the extra effort to make sure that members of the public who want to watch both digital stations and analog Class A/LPTV stations cannot do so with boxes designed for that purpose.

So you see the problem is with the NTIA.
I am thinking once approved all of these MPI-500 DIGITAL ONLY orders will again be changed to the MPI-500PT*

Unless the NTIA makes MicroProse change/disable parts to remove Analog PassThru.

I will tell you this if the NTIA is going to act stupid over something like MicroProse adding PassThru
then the NTIA should also remove all modified Zenith DTT900 builds and make Zenith also get approval again for these modifications.

Zenith is after all selling a modified converter box since NTIA approval with these APRIL 2008 builds that have for the greater good fixed audio just like MicroProse had a modification for the greater good and if the NTIA wants to be fair they should have Zenith remove modified units until this modification gets approved by the NTIA.
post #48 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

So they will ship you a NON passthru Item? even though you paid for Passthru?

Man i am glad I decided to stick with brand names
post #49 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2108 View Post

Man i am glad I decided to stick with brand names

?? Isn't Microprose an LG Electronics company, same as Insignia and Zenith?
post #50 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

The NTIA is not letting them because of the model difference was not certified. MPI-500 vs MPI-500PT

Here is the NTIA Alert for Microprose from the NTIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sedmak View Post

WASHINGTON, D.C.The National Telecommunications and Information Administration
(NTIA), a division of the U.S. Department of Commerce, today issued the following consumer
alert about the Microprose MPI-500 and MPI-500PT digital-to-analog converter boxes.
Statements about the models were made in a May 20 press release by the Community
Broadcasters Association and Microprose Systems LLC. NTIA is discussing the announcement
with these organizations.

The TV Converter Box Coupon Program has certified only one product under the brand name
Microprose. The certified MPI-500 model does not have the analog pass-through feature. The
MPI-500PT model has not been certified by the Program as coupon-eligible.

I am thinking that MicroProse is trying as fast as they can to let the NTIA let them ship a passthru item.

I guess it is ok with the NTIA if you are like Zenith and make modifications since certification under the same model number.

I never contacted this Todd Sedmak as he is just the Communications Director.

I guess the NTIA thinks it is doing the public a favor by removing a much needed Analog PassThru CECB

The NTIA sure are ok approving boxes that violate the "All Channel Receiver Act" enacted by Congress in 1962 though.

What rule did MicroProse violate by the way?
post #51 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

You can find out more about MicroProse from there about us.

MicroProse was a game company that has switched hands many times and Frederic Chesnais resigned as CEO of Atari Interactive, Inc. and acquired Microprose from Atari Interactive.

It has no ties that I know of to the LG Electronics company that I am aware of
other then them getting a license to use the LG SoC in this CECB and maybe in future products.
post #52 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:

I guess the NTIA thinks it is doing the public a favor by removing a much needed Analog PassThru CECB

The NTIA sure are ok approving boxes that violate the "All Channel Receiver Act" enacted by Congress in 1962 though.

What rule did MicroProse violate by the way?

They violated the common sense rule, section 1 part A.
No company should use common sense when trying to help the public out.

It really is a shame, I was just about to pull the trigger on this for my expiring coupon (5/26!).

I am not even sure it is worth it to get another box, since the Zenith one I tried had pretty poor results, and that is supposed to have the best tuner.

Maybe I should just get a Zoran, the ones with a serial port, so I can tinker with it.
post #53 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Wonder why Maxmedia didn't get the same ALERT?
post #54 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Here is an email I sent to sales@microproseonline.com late this afternoon and their quick (but hardly comprehensive) response:

> Hello,
>
> I placed an online order for your Coupon Eligible DTV Converter Box
> with analog pass through, MPI-500PT on May 20th. Although I received
> no email confirmation, I saved all of the confirmation web pages. I
> understood that this box was not currently available and would not
> ship until sometime in June but my $40 NTIA coupon was expiring at the
> end of May and I needed a converter box with analog pass through.
> Although there are none currently available that meet my needs the
> MPI-500PT features and specifications seem to.
>
> Although your system accepted my coupon, it does not yet show as
> redeemed on the NTIA coupon status web page. Additionally, I see that
> my pending order now shows item MPI-500 (no PT suffix), which I fear
> is a non-pass through model. If this is only a temporary change to the
> order to allow applying the coupon to an officially listed NTIA
> converter box I am OK with that provided the converter that actually
> ships to me has the analog pass through feature.
>
> Of more immediate concern, since my coupon does expire on May 30th -
> will you redeem it through the NTIA process before the expiration ? If
> not, I need to know as soon as possible to avoid losing it's value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropose View Post

We respectfully apologize for the confusion this has caused and will email out to all registered customers as soon as we've corrected the issue. You can order the Non-passthru version if you so wish and exchange later for a passthru, but the order has to be for only the
currently listed CECB box. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Microprose Sales Team

So, do they have MPI-500 boxes in stock ? Will I be shipped a non-pass through box and have to return it to exchange for a pass through model ? Will I have to pay for return & replacement shipping ? Are they going to redeem my coupon before it expires ?

I have more questions now than I did before I sent the email. This whole NTIA CECB mess has turned into a stereotypical bureaucratic cluster F
post #55 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2108 View Post

Wonder why Maxmedia didn't get the same ALERT?

Probably because the Community Broadcasters Association was involved in promoting the Microprose box. CBA has been very critical of the NTIA's (mis)handling of analog pass-through, to the point of filing a lawsuit. I doubt NTIA would have issued this alert had CBA not been in the picture.
post #56 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

I don't want to hurt MicroProse like the NTIA and may have by making the CBA partnership known here on the AVS Form before this NTIA news.

I want people to become aware of these recent actions by the NTIA and think the NTIA needs to let MicroProse sell us the MPI-500PT*

According Broadcasting & Cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post

Greg Herman, VP, technology of CBA, says his group believed the box had already been certified, and was simply trying to do what NTIA and others had advised them to do, which was to inform viewers about how they could continue to receive low-power signals and help them get the right equipment.

"Some i's were not dotted and t's crossed at NTIA, " Said Herman, "so, instead of fast-tracking the box, they decided it was more important not to."

What is different between MaxMedia and MicroProse and required this fast action by the NTIA.

Looking at what Greg Herman said is that MicroProse was the only current CECB that was getting a partnership with the Community Broadcasters Association (CBA)

The Community Broadcasters Association is http://www.dtvnow.org and http://www.KeepUsOn.com that been all over the NTIA because they are violating the "All Channel Receiver Act" and killing them with most of these CECBs.

The CBA are the Class A, Low Power TV, and TV Translator stations that will not convert to digital next February.

Looks like MicroProse got in trouble for being a company and wanting to help most people as there are more of these little stations then full power and the need for Analog PassThru is important to the people they serve - Like my community the San Luis Valley

This is a HUGE problem and the I guess it is better to keep changing your product and sell Vaporware like MaxMedia did then to start a partnership with the CBA - at least according to the NTIA.

If what you think the NTIA has done is wrong please send them a eMail or give them a call - you can bet I will and have been.
NTIA staff eMail http://www.ntia.doc.gov/otiahome/staff.htm
NTIA phone numbers http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/phones.htm

If there is another reason for this NTIA decission then please let us know.

Thank all of you for your support.
post #57 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard911 View Post

So, do they have MPI-500 boxes in stock ? Will I be shipped a non-pass through box and have to return it to exchange for a pass through model?

The way I look at it MicroProse was getting ready to sell all passThru Models.

If the NTIA will allow MicroProse to let its customers order a MPI-500 with there coupon and let them ship a MPI-500PT once added to the NTIA approved list great.

However, the NTIA might also try and make MicroProse disable passThru be either modifying the MPI-500PT's firmware or/and remove the hardware that is allowing the passThru functionality and have it replaced so it becomes the MPI-500 DIGITAL ONLY
post #58 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

So they won't be taking orders or shipping May 26th? That is pushed to?
post #59 of 202 Old 05-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Are you thinking of ordering lexus2108?
I would call so you can ask MicroProse your questions 888-694-7265

However, they might not have very many answers as they need to have the NTIA add them to there list of Eligible Converter Boxes first.

Right now I think MicroProse has no idea on when the NTIA will allow them to take orders or ship the MPI-500PT*
post #60 of 202 Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 PM

A few minutes ago I sent Microprose an e-mail requesting information as to when they expect to have their DTV converter box with Pass-Through NTIA certified. A short time later I received this:

Hi,

We are checking into this with great urgency and hope to have an answer shortly, with the holiday weekend, we'll have to wait until Tuesday to resume and we will make an announcement with a link to the
CECB list the moment this has been resolved. Please accept our
apologizes for this inconvenience to everyone.

Microprose Sales Team
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page