Microprose MPI-500 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 202 Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Your guess about them having no MPI-500 to sell is probably correct.
They were after all only trying to sell MPI-500PT's when the store first went live.

These NTIA discussions also probably didn't take place Friday or during the Holiday weekend
so the fastest that they could have started was on Tuesday.

If you were MicroProse and probably gone for the Holiday weekend,
Would you have the time to respond to all of the numerous calls and eMails they have been getting?
  • MicroProse after all doesn't have much it can say except:
  • Yes we cancelled everyone's order and
  • We are working/discussing with the NTIA to allow the MPI-500PT to be added to the list of Eligible Converter Boxes.
I am sure that if the NTIA discussions progress fast enough they might still be able to help those
"whose NTIA coupons are set to expire May 31 if not used"

I also have a feeling that they will still have some type of promotion after all it wasn't our fault our orders got cancelled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 202 Old 06-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malouff View Post

Your guess about them having no MPI-500 to sell is probably correct.
They were after all only trying to sell MPI-500PT's when the store first went live.

These NTIA discussions also probably didn't take place Friday or during the Holiday weekend
so the fastest that they could have started was on Tuesday.

If you were MicroProse and probably gone for the Holiday weekend,
Would you have the time to respond to all of the numerous calls and eMails they have been getting?
  • MicroProse after all doesn't have much it can say except:
  • Yes we cancelled everyone's order and
  • We are working/discussing with the NTIA to allow the MPI-500PT to be added to the list of Eligible Converter Boxes.
I am sure that if the NTIA discussions progress fast enough they might still be able to help those
"whose NTIA coupons are set to expire May 31 if not used"

I also have a feeling that they will still have some type of promotion after all it wasn't our fault our orders got cancelled.

I am absolutely livid over how my Microprose order was handled.

Microprose delayed opening their online store for a week or two because they supposedly had issues with online ordering security. (Which should and could have been resolved much earlier, so I think the excuse was BS...)

Once the online store opened in mid-May, they took orders for the bypass model and accepted my federal coupon numbers.

A week after I placed my order, I get the following email from Microprose:

"Notice - we have been informed that there is a discrepancy on our pass through version certification to be permitted to take orders for such units.
Your order is currently been assigned the non-pass through certified MPI-500, do you wish to keep this order or cancel?
Your coupon is still valid and not completed processing so you may still use it to purchase a CECB product from another vendor/retailer if you so wish.

To cancel your order - CLICK HERE:

We will strive to correct this issue as quickly as possible, however, we wish to offer the option to all consumers to be able to cancel their order if they so wish.
We would like to make note that this issue is between Microprose and its certification status of its 2nd converter model with the NTIA and in no way is this related to the CBA or its affiliates, we greatly appreciate their cooperation and support and they will actively pursue solutions to their LPTV affiliates and their loyal viewer base.

Microprose Sales Team"

I DIDN'T cancel my order, expecting that I would receive the two certified MPI500 boxes instead per their above statement. That would have been aggravating, but OK.

Now I see that my order has been CANCELLED.

So Microprose pulled a classic merchandise bait-and-switch, they lied on their email to me; they had no intention of substituting the certified non-bypass converter for me, and they cost me $80 because my coupons have now expired.

Microprose has cost me $80; they don't have merchandise to ship and they lied and misrepresented their products. The MPI-500 bypass unit was NEVER CECB certified but they promoted it as being coupon-eligible and acted surprised that it was not.

C'mon- Give me a break.

Does anyone have the Microprose actual office/mailing address?
post #93 of 202 Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 PM

If you haven't already contacted them, here is the contact info:

Microprose
1511 Route 22 - Suite 323
New York - Brewster (10509)
UNITED STATES
Phone 888-694-7265
Email sales@microproseonline.com
post #94 of 202 Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill CO View Post

I am absolutely livid over how my Microprose order was handled.

Microprose delayed opening their online store for a week or two because they supposedly had issues with online ordering security. (Which should and could have been resolved much earlier, so I think the excuse was BS...)

Once the online store opened in mid-May, they took orders for the bypass model and accepted my federal coupon numbers.

A week after I placed my order, I get the following email from Microprose:

"Notice - we have been informed that there is a discrepancy on our pass through version certification to be permitted to take orders for such units.
Your order is currently been assigned the non-pass through certified MPI-500, do you wish to keep this order or cancel?
Your coupon is still valid and not completed processing so you may still use it to purchase a CECB product from another vendor/retailer if you so wish.

To cancel your order - CLICK HERE:

We will strive to correct this issue as quickly as possible, however, we wish to offer the option to all consumers to be able to cancel their order if they so wish.
We would like to make note that this issue is between Microprose and its certification status of its 2nd converter model with the NTIA and in no way is this related to the CBA or its affiliates, we greatly appreciate their cooperation and support and they will actively pursue solutions to their LPTV affiliates and their loyal viewer base.

Microprose Sales Team"

I DIDN'T cancel my order, expecting that I would receive the two certified MPI500 boxes instead per their above statement. That would have been aggravating, but OK.

Now I see that my order has been CANCELLED.

So Microprose pulled a classic merchandise bait-and-switch, they lied on their email to me; they had no intention of substituting the certified non-bypass converter for me, and they cost me $80 because my coupons have now expired.

Microprose has cost me $80; they don't have merchandise to ship and they lied and misrepresented their products. The MPI-500 bypass unit was NEVER CECB certified but they promoted it as being coupon-eligible and acted surprised that it was not.

C'mon- Give me a break.

Does anyone have the Microprose actual office/mailing address?

Seems most online company's are like this. At least they didn't cash in the coupons
post #95 of 202 Old 06-03-2008, 02:11 PM

I'm out $80 and so is my 87 year-old mother-in-law - as our orders with Microprose are cancelled also without our input. She entrusted me to do the research and choose wisely! I have researched extensively and am utterly flabbergasted that this can legally happen. Who do I get maddest at? The government program, whose expiration date forced me to choose from lousy boxes, or such businesses as Maxmedia, Microprose, Provantage who without rhyme or reason can put us through such idiocy? My coupons are expired, what recourse is there now?
post #96 of 202 Old 06-03-2008, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Find a friend/neighbor/relative who has no interest in using their coupons....

and
and

post #97 of 202 Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxn7 View Post

I'm out $80 and so is my 87 year-old mother-in-law - as our orders with Microprose are cancelled also without our input. She entrusted me to do the research and choose wisely! I have researched extensively and am utterly flabbergasted that this can legally happen. Who do I get maddest at? The government program, whose expiration date forced me to choose from lousy boxes, or such businesses as Maxmedia, Microprose, Provantage who without rhyme or reason can put us through such idiocy? My coupons are expired, what recourse is there now?

This is not the only case. look at what happened to Maxmedia box

Subject: Your order with ConvertMy.TV

Date: June 2, 2008

To our customers who ordered a MaxMedia Converter Box:

ConvertMy.TV was notified by MaxMedia that a chipset quality issue was detected impacting channel reception of the MMDTVB03 Converter Box you ordered. Due to these problems, MaxMedia indicated their plans to redesign the Converter Box using a different, higher quality chipset from another source. We were told that this new box would be available for shipment in mid-June. MaxMedia is currently informing us that the new box will not be available until a future undetermined date. We at ConvertMy.TV can no longer represent MaxMedia product given these circumstances and repeated delays. The impact of these repeated MaxMedia supply delays on ConvertMy.TV has been devastating. The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), Department of Commerce has decertified ConvertMy.TV for redeeming coupons for MaxMedia orders that remain unfulfilled and for which ConvertMy.TV cannot provide a timely ship date. We at ConvertMy.TV have been working diligently with the NTIA to treat our customers correctly and resolve these unexpected issues. We have cancelled your unfulfilled order with ConvertMy.TV and returned the value of your coupons to the NTIA for deposit in the U.S. Treasury as is required by Coupon Program regulations. NTIA will be contacting you soon regarding the coupons you have already redeemed.

Once again, we are very disappointed and want to sincerely apologize to you about this situation it caught us, like you, by surprise. My partners had big plans for ConvertMy.TV, including an agreement to source converter boxes and share revenues with one of the largest Christian churches in the United States. Without the ability to process coupons, we may be forced to close our doors and dreams.

We want to personally thank you very much for your business and patience. We have spoken to many of you over the phone and you all have been very kind and supportive and wanted to let you know that we appreciate your understanding.

Convert My TV Team
post #98 of 202 Old 06-04-2008, 08:33 AM

Microprose fiasco - dtv2009.gov appeal to reapply - I just tried to reapply for my converter coupons - which of course they respond with as having already been issued and were denied. So I appealed with the following text: We placed an order with Microprose. They canceled it without our knowledge, which left our coupons to expire. As the fault is Microprose's, we wish to file a complaint and our coupons reactivated or reapply.

Possibly if EVERYONE who is dealing with a similar situation did so, we may have some voice.
post #99 of 202 Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 AM

they shouldn't have been allowed to get the coupon money without having a box to ship.. ANd it should have been a two step process check if
coupon is valid.. then payment upon shipment to complete the process of putting
the cash in the merchants account... Its too bad this whole situation occured
really.

John
post #100 of 202 Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

johnied are you talking about MaxMedia or MicroProse?

I think you are talking about MaxMedia as dlxn7 said that his coupons expired and were not cached in by MicroProse.

|
|

post #101 of 202 Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malouff View Post

johnied are you talking about MaxMedia or MicroProse?

I think you are talking about MaxMedia as dlxn7 said that his coupons expired and were not cached in by MicroProse.

Yes,Maxmedia in particular but the program in general.

John
post #102 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 AM

I have contacted keepuson.com, who recommended the Microprose MPI-500, and who I clicked through to purchase my now canceled boxes (which caused my coupons to expire/be deactivated). They are attempting to remedy the Microprose situation. A little more voice hopefully will get results? If I ran my business this way, I certainly would not be in business long....
post #103 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Just created an account here, but I've been following several of the CECB threads for a while now. Likewise, I redeemed both my all to quickly expiring DTV coupons last month with Microprose.

My order was placed 5/19 by telephone, the coupons were redeemed according to the dtv2009.gov website, and I did not receive an email claiming my order was canceled, just the initial order confirmation. The rep that took my order told me the units would not likely ship until July, but I felt it was worth the wait for the pass-through feature.

Are there any other forum members that had their coupons redeemed rather than expired during this Microprose fiasco?
post #104 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM

This is the email I received from Microprose prior to canceling my order. Apparently my coupons were not processed and are still valid for purchase from another vendor.

Date: May 21, 2008 9:18:47 PM PDT
To: sales@microproseonline.com

Notice - we have been informed that there is a discrepancy on our pass through version certification to be permitted to take orders for such units.

To cancel your order - CLICK HERE: http://www.microprosesystems.com/sto...ShowOrders.asp

Microprose Sales Team
post #105 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Aygeear, thanks for reposting the email you received. My DTV coupons were dated with an expiration of 5/23 which is why I phoned in my order on 5/19 rather than waiting for the delayed launch of the Microprose webstore which would have been too late.

I am hoping their pass-through model is certified in the near future and will take up the issue with Microprose at that time seeing as they did process my DTV coupons.
post #106 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 04:49 PM

Well I decided to order a MPI-500PT at full price ($59.95) because this unit still is not approved for $40 coupon deduction. So, I go to the following Microprose website link:

http://www.microprosesystems.com/sto...p?idCategory=6

When I click on Add to Cart, I get the following message:
Attention Cannot add that quantity to the cart due to stock restrictions

Even when I try to change the quantity from the default of 1 to say 2 or 3, it will only let you pick the default quantity of 1. Why show a quantity choice window if there is no option to change the quantity?

I don't think Microprose knows how to build a working website so I am beginning to think they probably won't be able to build a working DTV Converter either. What an inapt company!
post #107 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemme View Post

Well I decided to order a MPI-500PT at full price ($59.95) because this unit still is not approved for $40 coupon deduction. So, I go to the following Microprose website link:

When I click on Add to Cart, I get the following message:
Attention Cannot add that quantity to the cart due to stock restrictions

Even when I try to change the quantity from the default of 1 to say 2 or 3, it will only let you pick the default quantity of 1. Why show a quantity choice window if there is no option to change the quantity?

I don't think Microprose knows how to build a working website so I am beginning to think they probably won't be able to build a working DTV Converter either. What an inapt company!

I don't believe that they have EVER had any merchandise, other than for passing out a few samples.

Someone needs to report these people to the feds and get them off of their approved list!!!!!!!!!!
post #108 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 PM

I know you are unhappy with Microprose, but I think you're jumping to conclusions based on too little information. A member has received and tested the MPI-500PT. See post #2, Doug Malloy, in this thread.
LL
post #109 of 202 Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
And it's the other way around, anyway -- the NTIA put a stop to Microprose sales, saying the analog pass through model had not gotten CECB approval. Press release here:

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/pre...se_080522.html
post #110 of 202 Old 06-10-2008, 11:11 AM

All quiet on the Microprose site......

I sent two emails.... one to Microprose Sales and one to Curt Vendel..... no answers

Anyone have any new information re: certification of the MPI-500PT ??
post #111 of 202 Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM

I've sent numerous e-mails and left numerous telephone messages with no response whatever. The most recent e-mail from them (dated May 27) said that within the next 2 weeks they would send me a coupon to use for whatever box I wanted. That time has come and gone as of today's snail-mail with no coupon. This on top of this I got an e-mail today from Provantage that they aren't sending my DTV-Pal and have refunded my money to NTSC. Bye-bye to both of my coupons, I guess!

Dan
post #112 of 202 Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 PM

Yeecchh.... what a revoltin' development this is....
post #113 of 202 Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 AM

This morning I tried to connect to the Microprose website to see if there was any new information.... couldn't connect... got message server wasn't responding.... ARE THEY GONE ?????????
http://www.microprosesystems.com/
post #114 of 202 Old 06-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

yes website no work.
post #115 of 202 Old 06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Curt also hasn't answered me in a while either.

Just to let you guys know I have noticed the site was dead a few days ago but was back up I think yesterday.

This could be good news if they are testing the webstore.
Curt did tell me that the NTIA needed to test it this time.

Then again they might just be having server problems.
They are after all still on the NTIA list.

|
|

post #116 of 202 Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 AM

It ain't workong as of 9:56am.

Dan
post #117 of 202 Old 06-12-2008, 08:17 AM

It's been down for the 3 days I have been following this thread. No website + no return emails does not sound like a test. I was interested but won't risk my coupon on this situation.

What me? HTPC!
post #118 of 202 Old 06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeVideoGuy View Post

It's been down for the 3 days I have been following this thread. No website + no return emails does not sound like a test. I was interested but won't risk my coupon on this situation.

This does concern me.

You should ask the CBA a question about this at http://www.KeepUSOn.com

After all they were supporting MicroProse before the NITA stepped in so maybe they can find out what is going on.

|
|

post #119 of 202 Old 06-12-2008, 10:34 AM

I have contacted CBA/Keepuson.com and they sent me another email to try for Microprose information: wgungfu@csd.uwm.edu. They/Keepuson.com said they have received an update from a Martin Scott at this address. However they did not elaborate on what the response was - so No-one is responding with any information as to what Microprose will do about their current situation and projected handling of these horrible business practices. I can't help but think there must be SOME recourse for all of us offended parties here.....
post #120 of 202 Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 61
A Univ of Wisconsin student is their POC????
And neither name shows up in their "people" search engine....

and
and

Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page