DigitalStream DTX9950 - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #331 of 331 Old 10-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Originally Posted by AntAltMike View Post

You might want to open a separate thread and post your reception
situation in the Local HDTV Reception Forum itself and have your
reception situation evaluated by the regular members there.

That might help you more than guessing on which box might work out better for you.

Thanks, Mike.

But the problem of my limited reception is understood and known - with my indoor ClearStream4 antenna.

My DigitalStream Converter Box just recently died. Bad cap(s). It's a well known, documented problem across the InterNet of cheap caps used in converter boxes, TVs, and other equipment. It's been ongoing for years. In fact, my 19" Philips TV blew out for the 3rd time a few months ago! It went out with a BANG!

(I replaced the Main and Supply boards each time - but they don't last too long. Each Main board has one of the well-known brand of cheap caps populated all over the board.)

So, I was looking to get either a Zenith or Insignia box, known for their sensitivity among DXers. However, I saw a few DS boxes on eBay for around $17 (and others around $20-ish). I got one for $17 shipped, and it's been working since I hooked it up on Saturday.

Perhaps I'll mount a fan on top of the box.

For now, all is well. I still may get either a Zenith or Insignia box at some point.

- Pj

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)