Worse order from consumerelecgroup.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just want to share the information with everyone, so you don't make the same mistake.

I ordered Artec T3A Pro Digital Converter on May 21 with the government issued 40 tv coupon. I called 3 times and email them twice. There were no response on email. The seller keep telling me busy and keep me wait for the item. At June 10, I called the seller again and she said item was shipped. Wow... I NEVER received the item and US Postal office said NEVER Receive the item. The seller just electronic sent the shipping info to USPS. The seller kept telling me the item was shipped even though I asked her if this could be a mistake because USPS said didn't receive any think. She doesn't care if I make a complain and the response is unacceptable with bad attitude.

DON"T BUY FROM THEM. I already file complaint for Paypal and BBB. BTW, doesn't any one where to file complaint about the 40 coupon they cashed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

unacceptable

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
post #3 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockjames View Post

I just want to share the information with everyone, so you don't make the same mistake.

I ordered Artec T3A Pro Digital Converter on May 21 with the government issued 40 tv coupon. I called 3 times and email them twice. There were no response on email. The seller keep telling me busy and keep me wait for the item. At June 10, I called the seller again and she said item was shipped. Wow... I NEVER received the item and US Postal office said NEVER Receive the item. The seller just electronic sent the shipping info to USPS. The seller kept telling me the item was shipped even though I asked her if this could be a mistake because USPS said didn't receive any think. She doesn't care if I make a complain and the response is unacceptable with bad attitude.

DON"T BUY FROM THEM. I already file complaint for Paypal and BBB. BTW, doesn't any one where to file complaint about the 40 coupon they cashed out.

Participating Retailers Certified by the NTIA
NTIA Program Information including merchant eligibility rules and coupon redemption procedures

If they are NTIA-certified to redeem coupons, then you should contact NTIA and also your Member of Congress.

If they are NOT NTIA-certified to redeem coupons, you should also take those steps. However, be aware that you may have been cheated out of your coupon value. The retailer could face legal sanctions for unlawfully trafficking in NTIA coupons and/or evading the Federal rules regarding coupon redemption.
post #4 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Looking on the NTIA Excel spreadsheet listing all certified retailers, it appears this firm is listed twice on rows 1668 and 1669 as follows:

Bluewater Mechanical, Inc.
Consumer Electronics Group
6420 Redruth Street
Duluth MN 55807

Those two listings are very close matches to the contact information on the Consumer Electronics Group contact information page:

Corporate Office
6420 Redruth St
Duluth, MN 55807

Phone: (218) 260-2129
Toll Free: (866)-861-9287
Fax: (218) 624-1392

Mailing Address
PO BOX 16145
Duluth, MN 55816

Given that this firm provides actual contact information and also appears to be NTIA certified, it's more likely this vendor is a legitimate business with real product available for delivery than was the case with ConvertMy.TV and its MaxMedia affiliate. Patience and persistence are both advised.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the great information. I am sure they are ligitimate business because they are list on the dtv2009.org.

They refused to sent out any thing to me because they though it is shipped and USPS said never picked up base on the tracking number they provide. So I guess I have no option.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 PM

I hope they insured the package. Also the USPS tracking is useless. You can't track where your package is. You only can see that the USPS has received or delivered it. UPS and FedEx are better because you can track where your package is.

As for buying from a company that uses paypal instead of having a merchant account and having a PO box for a mailing address. I myself wouldn't buy from that company. Those 2 things together sound like something that you'd read about in a Ebay horror story.

If paypal isn't doing anything, contact your credit card company or bank. These might be your other options.

NTIA

United States Postal Inspection Service

Office of Minnesota Attorney General

Duluth Minnesota Police Department

St. Louis County Sheriff Duluth Office
post #7 of 9 Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockjames View Post

First of all, thank you all for the great forum as I have gotten tons of great information.

Well...about my experience with this company is the same as yours.
This is a bad company. I don't understand how they get their company listed on the DTV2009 listing.

I ordered the Artec from the same company on May 22nd.
After two weeks, I emailed them since I did not receive it
(I figured it would take about a week to deliver).
First email was responded quickly, but they came up with excuse saying that there was a glitch processing the coupon.
In third week, I emailed them twice to follow up with my order.
But they have not responded to my emails.
After almost a month later, I was fed up with this company.
So, this week, I requested to cancel my order and refund with my $40 coupon.
They finally refunded paypal funds, but they already redeemed the coupon without even sending the unit out.
(I found out when I tried to get the digital converter from my local store).
I have sent them two emails to get my coupon reverted, but I have not heard anything from this company.

I guess that I should have researched about this company before I placed an order.

Anyhow, Thank you all for the great contributions on this forum.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-19-2008, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

jsl90004, I finally got the receiver after I complained to NITA, BBB and department of e-commerce. The girl from NITA or e-commerce called them up few times and make sure they sent it to me. Guess what....I got the express package from their CEO. They might get remove from the list if they don't solve those compaints from the NITA.

The box was great. The picture quality and set up was so simple. It found 23 channel in NYC. It is much more than analog channel. It has few 24 hours weather channel and live camera traffic channel.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM

I had a great experience from this company last week. Called them up before I made my order They answered all my questions. Offered to do the order over the phone with me. Recieved my order In 3 days. Maybe they got there act together. I have told all my friends about them. Consumer Electronics Group two thumbs up.
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page