Provantage DTV-Pal Orders - Did yours get cancelled? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: If you pre-ordered a DTV-Pal or TR-40 from Provantage, has your order been cancelled?
Yes, I recieved a cancellation e-mail 0 0%
No, I did not recieve a cancellation e-mail 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 242 Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbios View Post

It's funny. I preordered thinking I'd be one of the first to get one. Turns out we'll be the last...

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen."
Matthew 20:16

Matthew knew there would be DTV Pal's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 242 Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpfshost View Post

Just got off the phone with Provantage. The woman I just talked to said they're still on backorder, no stock at the distributor, and she now has no ETA on when they would ship, but she's guessing at least a couple of weeks....................................................... .....................

I paused and I could sense she was bracing for me to start yelling at her. Instead, I busted out laughing, and she did the same once she heard me. She apparently knows what is going on and replied, "I know...it's been a real headache."

Looks like we might get the fixed boxes after all...

xpfshost

At least a couple of weeks? I'm thinking I'll have my hands on the DTVPal DVR before I receive one of these things.
post #93 of 242 Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Do they not have JUST 60 days to ship product form the date we ordered? I ordered 5/14, 7/14 should be it, should it not? If they haven't shipped by then, we lose our coupons, do we not? Or is that on Provantage's back? I cannot imagine them eating that cost, and you KNOW Echostar isn't going to pick up the slack.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"
-Abraham Lincoln
post #94 of 242 Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogie5150 View Post

Do they not have JUST 60 days to ship product form the date we ordered? I ordered 5/14, 7/14 should be it, should it not? If they haven't shipped by then, we lose our coupons, do we not? Or is that on Provantage's back? I cannot imagine them eating that cost, and you KNOW Echostar isn't going to pick up the slack.

I've been wondering about this concern for a long time. Like many of the other posters, I pre-ordered the DTVPal in mid-May, and I haven't rec'd any letter or email about cancellation.

I've often thought that those who did get cancellation notices might have been those whose orders could have not been filled before late June, due to the 60-day rule. I'm certain that the NTIA, Provantage, and Dish must have been in communication on this issue, for Provantage has assured me that I will receive my unit no later than mid to late July. When I called last week, the CSR told me (after placing me on hold again), that July 9 would be the earliest shipping date, but she emphasized that two additional weeks were likely. She said that Provantage had rec'd no stock on the DTVPal and was certain that the date would continue to change until the first load was rec'd.

I'd like to think that we'll get the units who have bugs worked out. I'm especially curious on the GNU open code that Dish is supposed to have on their site. I haven't been able to find it, and I can't find any other internet discussions on this. j c
post #95 of 242 Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbios View Post

At least a couple of weeks? I'm thinking I'll have my hands on the DTVPal DVR before I receive one of these things.

Unless you order it from Provantage...

Enjoying crystal clear TV for free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #96 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Don't bother with Summit Source either. Misleading listings and the threaten you with additional changes if you dispute a CC charge.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #97 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexand69 View Post

I've often thought that those who did get cancellation notices might have been those whose orders could have not been filled before late June, due to the 60-day rule.

I doubt it. My coupon expired on 5/23 and was among the first sent out and first to expire. If the above was true, I should have been one to receive a cancellation notice. As it stands, if they are required to follow the 60 day rule, I need my box shipped by 7/22.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Also, if and when Provantage ships, they may use coupon expiration dates rather than date ordered to prioritize shipments?
post #99 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM

I was under the impression that the 60 day clock started the day you ORDER, not the day the coupon EXPIRED. In my case, that was 5/27.

Seems like I remember reading that, that when the retailer ACCEPTS your coupon they had 60 days to deliver the product.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out, I gambled my two coupons on Provantage, knowing after the Maxmedia boondoggle that the Provantage deal would probably go pear-shaped too. So I used two coupons that my Mom had to get her a box and me one. So I am covered...but I wanted to check out the DTVPal...so I used my two coupons for the DTVPal...

we'll see I guess.......

-Abraham Lincoln
post #100 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM

It will be interesting to see, if Provantage defaults on delivery and the coupons do get replaced, do they get sent to the person who redeemed them or the person to whom they were issued. I was surprised when I bought two boxes at Fry's the other day that the in-store system printed a receipt for me to sign that had the name of the person to whom the coupons were issued, not my name.
post #101 of 242 Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was under the impression that the 60 day clock started the day you ORDER, not the day the coupon EXPIRED. In my case, that was 5/27.
Seems like I remember reading that, that when the retailer ACCEPTS your coupon they had 60 days to deliver the product.

If that's true, then I may be screwed, I placed my order on 5/16, so my 60 days is up on 7/15. If they get their DTVPal shipments in on Wednesdays (So far they predicted 7/2 and 7/9, both Wednesdays) that means they may not get the next shipment until 7/16.

Hopefully my contrived theory will not come to reality, but stranger things have happened.

post #102 of 242 Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post

If that's true, then I may be screwed, I placed my order on 5/16, so my 60 days is up on 7/15. If they get their DTVPal shipments in on Wednesdays (So far they predicted 7/2 and 7/9, both Wednesdays) that means they may not get the next shipment until 7/16.

Hopefully my contrived theory will not come to reality, but stranger things have happened.

You're telling me! I ordered on 5/14, my coupons expired on 5/27. I am in the same boat as you.

Like I said. Be lining up some more coupons, maybe a neighbor that is welded to his Directv or something....

-Abraham Lincoln
post #103 of 242 Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Like I said. Be lining up some more coupons, maybe a neighbor that is welded to his Directv or something....

Heh, already on it...
post #104 of 242 Old 07-13-2008, 07:57 PM

Provantage prenoted my checking account again for the 16.35, the last one they did expired I guess....I noticed it was gone. So they haven't forgotten...

-Abraham Lincoln
post #105 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 AM

They did the same to my credit card. They hadn't done this since the last failed launch date back in June.

Maybe, maybe!?!?!?!?!
post #106 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I emailed them and they said Echostar hadn't released the product yet. Makes no sense to me.

post #107 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I emailed them and they said Echostar hadn't released the product yet. Makes no sense to me.

Maybe Provantage meant that Echostar hadn't released the product to THEM yet for shipment...just guessing. Of course, it sounds like Provantage is just guessing as well at this point!

xpfshost
post #108 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM

Holly at Provantage now says July 29th.
post #109 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Good lord. I will actually have my neighbors coupons in hand and can probably get the box locally by then.
post #110 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
It sounds to me like that date is inching its way to the August 8 whisper date for the $40 box. I'm suspicious. :-)
post #111 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

It sounds to me like that date is inching its way to the August 8 whisper date for the $40 box. I'm suspicious. :-)

I sure hope not, I had my hopes up of getting it in time for the Olympics!

post #112 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

If my box doesn't say DTVPal on top, I'm returning it!

post #113 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 07:41 PM

I am just along for the ride now. I have given up on Provantage, a neighbor of mine got his coupons and gave them to me, and another neighbor is doing the same. So I have four more chances to get one, or a better box locally.

I will have three tv's that will need one, so one way or the other I WILL be covered come shut off time.

-Abraham Lincoln
post #114 of 242 Old 07-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqxthree View Post

Holly at Provantage now says July 29th.

oh man! I think they just keep pushing it back 2 weeks at a time...
post #115 of 242 Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm starting to think you aren't so far off. Even Sears is starting to get shipments of these things. I can't see any reason why Provantage is getting them so late.

Quote:

Makes a lot of sense if they're talking about the TR-40... Dun, dun, dun.
post #116 of 242 Old 07-17-2008, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So why did some orders get canceled, with the letter mentioning the TR-40? I wonder if Provantage is just waiting for a price break.

post #117 of 242 Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 AM

The explanation appears to be in the difference between the two model numbers. I tried to call and order during the transition and was told I had to wait a day until they got the new model numbers into the system.

Old model number was TRS-40, something that turned out not to exist and therefore orders were cancelled and CECB coupons lost unless the government replaces them. New model number is DTVPal, something that does exist and still appears to be on order. I've got an order for two DTVPal's still pending.

It would be useful information is someone has contradictory information, either a TRS-40 order that is still pending or a DTVPal order that was canceled. Not that knowing this is going to expedite any deliveries!
post #118 of 242 Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM

I spoke with Julie at Provantage this morning re: my DTVPal pre-order status. She said that I might receive my boxes in late July to mid August. When I questioned her further I found out some new info.

She told me that they have been shipping some boxes out, but that they only get a small number of them from the manufacturer at a time. This seems consistent with what people have reported about Ultimate Electronics only receiving a few boxes at a time.

Since they have a lot of orders, and they only get a few boxes at a time, it could take a while before they are able to complete all of the orders, and it's difficult for them to know when someone will get their boxes.

She did tell me that the most recent boxes that they've shipped out were from orders placed on May 9th. My order was placed on May 14th.

So hopefully we'll start to hear from people who have received their boxes from Provantage. It might be a blessing in disguise if we receive the boxes with all of the bugs fixed.
post #119 of 242 Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqxthree View Post

The explanation appears to be in the difference between the two model numbers. I tried to call and order during the transition and was told I had to wait a day until they got the new model numbers into the system.

Old model number was TRS-40, something that turned out not to exist and therefore orders were cancelled and CECB coupons lost unless the government replaces them. New model number is DTVPal, something that does exist and still appears to be on order. I've got an order for two DTVPal's still pending.

It would be useful information is someone has contradictory information, either a TRS-40 order that is still pending or a DTVPal order that was canceled. Not that knowing this is going to expedite any deliveries!

Strange thing is that I ordered when it was called TR-40 but my order pending at Provantage also states:
DTVPal Digital-to-Analog TV Converter Manuf Part#159365. Yet I got the CECB letter saying they would replace my coupons for the TR-40. Very confusing.
post #120 of 242 Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post

She did tell me that the most recent boxes that they've shipped out were from orders placed on May 9th.

Anyone here have a Provantage order dated May 9th or before who can give us a status report?

(Mine's May 13th at around noon EDT.)
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page