Dish DTVPal technical and TVGOS topic - Page 28 - AVS Forum
First ... 26  27  28
Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB) > Dish DTVPal technical and TVGOS topic
Rammitinski's Avatar Rammitinski 03:25 PM 09-23-2008
Yeah, with the Pal you have to set it to special, three-digit numbers. PM me if you want details.

frank70's Avatar frank70 04:50 PM 09-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

Yeah, with the Pal you have to set it to special, three-digit numbers. PM me if you want details.

More simply, if you want channel 9.1, you need to tell you unit to ask the DTVPal for channel 191 (100+C*10+S, where C is the channel number, and S is the subchannel number.)
avnstf's Avatar avnstf 05:43 PM 09-23-2008
forgive me for asking, but what is the point of this if the DTVPal doesn't yet work in the TVGOS mode (since Gemstar isn't yet broadcasting the proper type of TVGOS data for this purpose)?
avnstf's Avatar avnstf 05:53 PM 09-23-2008
on another subject, jut updated the list of digital station known to be broadcasting TVGOS (of course the list is actually much larger):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post14362176
Rammitinski's Avatar Rammitinski 11:02 PM 09-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnstf View Post

forgive me for asking, but what is the point of this if the DTVPal doesn't yet work in the TVGOS mode (since Gemstar isn't yet broadcasting the proper type of TVGOS data for this purpose)?

You only have to set the recorder's timer, rather than both the recorder and the tuner's timers.

(It's actually a lot more dependable than the DTVPal/TR-40, and you don't have to deal with any military time like on the Zinwell.)
Jan J's Avatar Jan J 04:50 PM 09-28-2008
Friend called me today. His Chicago Based DTVPAL Guide is running 2 hours ahead of real time.
Set for Central Standard time, and Daylight Savings time enabled.

So I check mine (Also Chicago based DTVPAL Guide).... Same +2 hours difference between Real Time, and Guide time.

So to doublecheck, I called someone that I installed a DTVPAL, and guess what... Their Guide is running +2 hours ahead of real time!

I then go through and do a complete setup on our DTVPAL..... Scan, Zip, and Central Time, with Daylight Savings.... Guess What? +2 hours Guide to real time!!

I'm wondering if it's something in the CBS time setup in Chicago?

Sent email to a 'friend'. Let's see what happens!
Rammitinski's Avatar Rammitinski 12:57 AM 09-29-2008
Jan - just checked CBS on my CM-7000, and it's exactly 2 hours ahead. So it's definitely not the Pal.
dattier's Avatar dattier 12:24 PM 09-29-2008
WBBM-DT's PSIP clock has been nearly two hours ahead since the station's move on September 22.  I phoned their engineering department on the twenty-fourth, they said they knew and they were working on it, but now it's even worse and more than two hours fast.
Jan J's Avatar Jan J 08:45 PM 10-02-2008
Now one hour behind
Rammitinski's Avatar Rammitinski 12:48 AM 10-03-2008
It's correct now.
kenavs's Avatar kenavs 01:27 AM 10-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

It's correct now.

It looks like a number of stations around the country were sending out incorrect information in their PSIP data. They were reporting that the transition from DST was on 02, but they set the field too early. It should have been 00 until 10/3/2008 at the earliest, since the transition is not until 11/2/2008. I suspect it was a software bug in software used by a lot of stations.
The transmissions messed up the time displayed on the guide by my Vizio TV. It seems to be OK now. I suspect the stations started sending out the signal that DST is active with a transition date of 00, and the receivers are able to correctly go back to DST since there can be no confusion what that combination means.
Ken H's Avatar Ken H 09:41 PM 10-03-2008
Please continue the discussion in this existing topic:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1001979
First ... 26  27  28

Up
Mobile  Desktop