Finally got around to buying my CECB--after the June 12th switchover (I don't watch a whole lot of broadcast TV...mostly a movie/concert-I-pick or internet-TV kinda guy, with LR and BR home theaters). Would have bought from Summit Source--a couple of dollars cheaper on shipping--but they no longer were accepting gov't coupons, inexplicably, past the switchover. Did all my communication/ordering via PC: two Channel Master CM-7000 CECB units:
1. Ease of Ordering: 5. Simple and straightforward online ordering/coupon redemption, with handholding every step.
2. Communication: 5. Immediate email notification of shipment, with tracking link...just in time for my morning coffee (see next section).
3. Sipping Time: 5. Items shown as "In Stock." Ordered about 1:30 a.m. on a Wed. morning. Were shipped by the time I awakened the next (same) morning...I like it when folks work for me while I sleep, lol. Were delivered early Fri. morning (shipped FexEX Ground from Michigan to West Virginia).
4. Cost (relative, including shipping): 4. Units were $41.75/each, (minus $40.00 each with coupon); shipping was $12.95 total. A couple of dollars more than it would have been with Summit Source had they still accepted the coupons...shipping could have been lower still had they double-boxed, as below...
5. Problems: 4. With company/personnel: NONE. Never dealt with a real person--thankfully, as others have reported nastiness. Only problem was mostly potential: items shipped, as others have reported, not double-boxed but in original boxes, taped together. Given FedEX's poor record of box handling, in my experience, this could have been disasterous (no foam or airbags or popcorn packing, just very flimsy cardboard within (effectively none to the top and bottom of the units), in the original manufacturer's per-unit boxes). Also, shipping both in one box would have been only $9.95 to me, presumably.
From reading others' posts, it seems as though if there are no problems, then NO PROBLEM! If there ARE problems, then you've got REAL problems. My overall experience? Gotta say 5/5. Whew.