post #1141 of 1146 Old 04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCoyoteSurvives View Post

Nothing seems to work to fix the channel 3.1 sound problem. What's weird, is that this problem started about the same time as the iView problem, perhaps a bit earlier, but did not previously occur for the years I've had the Zinwell. And it doesn't happen to any other tuner I have, on the same antenna or a different one.

That would appear to point to some kind of weird interaction, via close proximity to each other or through the cables (I'm assuming the iView doesn't have an aux. IR transmitter). An experiment might be to try some other recorder one night and make sure the iView is unplugged.

Back to the iView remote, see if there's anything in the menu system for setting a different remote code. I've seen this on higher-end VCRs and HDD/DVDRs. I have one of each. Would like to do that to my Toshiba HDD&DVDR as I also have a Toshiba DVDR, but I like to power the HDD off (the pig's hard-drive and fan stay on in standby) which makes it lose remote memory. I also use two ChannelMaster converter boxes for these two recorders because of s-video so using them at the same time is fun (fortunately they're in different cabinets).

My Zinwell has the same problem you have due to my ChannelMasters so I put a piece of black electrical tape over the lens with a tiny hole over the power LED; that hole also allows me to use the remote on the Zinwell if I get real close. Mr.Z doesn't get used much anymore as it's for the VCR or if I want to timer record to the DVDR when I'm away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1146 Old 04-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I had a similar problem and was able to resolve it by doing a reset, running the channel scan with the antenna unplugged (this is the only way to get rid of all the previous info), then re-connecting the antenna and doing a complete re-scan again.
post #1143 of 1146 Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post

running the channel scan with the antenna unplugged (this is the only way to get rid of all the previous info)

Ah, I see. Properly designed they shouldn't require that but...

I bet there's a more thorough reset as a switch on the circuit board, or more likely via factory software programming.

post #1144 of 1146 Old 04-16-2014, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post

I had a similar problem and was able to resolve it by doing a reset, running the channel scan with the antenna unplugged (this is the only way to get rid of all the previous info), then re-connecting the antenna and doing a complete re-scan again.

OK, I tried this. Unplug antenna. Load Factory Default. Select English and Central time zone. Channel scan started, found none. Power off. Plug in antenna. Power on. Select English and Central time zone. Channel scan started, found most of my channels.

Channel 3.1 has audio, and the audio has persisted for a couple of hours now. I think it is fixed. Thanks to you guys for looking at this and for your advice.
post #1145 of 1146 Old 04-26-2014, 06:06 PM

I also do not get the sound from one channel.   Is your's channel 15.   I get the sound from all the channels on the zinwell zat-97a except the channel 15, its the COZI network.  Let me know. thanks.

post #1146 of 1146 Old 04-27-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleycharley View Post

I also do not get the sound from one channel.   Is your's channel 15.   I get the sound from all the channels on the zinwell zat-97a except the channel 15, its the COZI network.  Let me know. thanks.

I don't know where you are, so I don't know your channel 15 or COZI. I'm in Madison WI. I had the audio problem with local CBS-affiliate channel 3.1 (not 3.2 or 3.3, interestingly). It looks like I solved my problem by doing a factory default setting AFTER disconnecting the antenna, then another factory default setting after re-connecting the antenna.
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page