The volume of sound is a kind of low in my digital channels, is it normal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, guys, I've been using my converter box for few weeks, the picture quality is pretty good, but the volume of sound is a kind of low (my traditional analog channels is pretty loud). I'm wondering if it is normal? or is that my converter box not so good? ( I only paid less than $17 for 2 boxes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Which converter boxes did you buy?
post #3 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

my box is Zentech df2000. I found that the menu is similar to the GE 22730.
post #4 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logitech2008 View Post

The volume of sound is a kind of low in my digital channels, is it normal?

When we bought our first HDTV last winter, that was one of the first things I noticed about DTV. Just turn it up! Even better, hook up the CECB's audio outputs to a surround-sound receiver. That's when the quality difference gets really noticeable.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Most of the digital channels are the same volume and fairly soft here except for CBS which is way louder and always requires an adjustment. Interestingly enough their RTN subchannel is not excessively loud. I need to talk to them about that . . .
post #6 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by golinux View Post

Most of the digital channels are the same volume ...

I got the opposite experience. most of them are different to each others. My 25 channel is way lower than analog's 25
post #7 of 9 Old 08-18-2008, 07:21 PM

i am using the above connected to a pioneer 512 receiver and i have to dial it up to sound good enough.

R59
post #8 of 9 Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 PM

On the Magnavox converter box you must choose the correct audio output on the initial setup. Since the box has an RF output (coaxial antenna cable) and RCA output (Red, White, and Yellow RCA jacks) you must choose RF audio output to have correct volume to the TV if you are using the coaxial cable to connect to the TV. My volume on the TV needed to be set to almost maximum to get a decent sound out of the TV speaker. When I went through the setup a second time and chose the correct output, I am now using the TV set at about 1/3 of the volume needed before. (The usual volume that was used before adding the converter box) Consult the troubleshooting section of your manual, that's where I found my simple solution.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 AM

I just picked up an Access HD 1050 and this is my complaint with it. The line level of the audio output is about half what it should be. All the channels are pretty much the same. Nothing reaches above half meter on the amp, when they should be full. The RF audio is monaural and muddy. The RCA output has great dynamic range and fantastic separation, but both RF and RCA are the same low volume, despite the converter's independent volume turned up to it's maximum (which, oddly, is 63). I find this very irritating because the amount the TV or amplifier volume has to be cranked up makes a lot of line level hiss and distortion much more prevalent.

I thought this converter was defective but if people are having the same issue with other brands, perhaps it related to the chip set or something inherent in the current broadcasts?

Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)