Is there a way to delete sub-channels on Insignia? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I now have the Insignia APT which works really well but now I would like to remove some noxious sub-channels. Is there anyway to do this? I do not like haveing to rotate thru channels I will never ever view(like reigious, kids, etc). The delete channel feature removes all sub channels, not just one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Becker View Post

I now have the Insignia APT which works really well but now I would like to remove some noxious sub-channels. Is there anyway to do this? I do not like haveing to rotate thru channels I will never ever view(like reigious, kids, etc). The delete channel feature removes all sub channels, not just one of them.

Yes. Use channel edit and delete the unwanted channels.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Becker View Post

To state the obvious, don't overlook the "favorites" feature. After you set your preferred channels/subchannels as favorites in the channel edit function, the "Fav" button will allow you to quickly cycle through just those subchannels you like to watch.

So, while you still may elect to delete ones you'll never want to watch, there may be some you know you'll watch occasionally. "Fav" lets you have both longer and shorter sets of surfing options.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Beeper-I said previously said that delete will delete the entire channel, not just a sub-channel. My qyuestion was how to delete subchannels only.
The idea of using Fav's may be the only way to do it.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You can delete just sub-channels.

I am using a Zenith DTT901, but the Insignia APT should be the same menu.

The channel edit feature will give you a list of all channels, including sub-channels.

Press Menu
Then move to highlight Channel Edit
Press select/enter to show the channel list. This will allow you to add/delete channels and create a favorites list.

On the left hand list, you will see all of your stored channels including sub-channels.

Highlight a channel or sub-channel and press enter/select to delete it. Then exit. The channel number is not really deleted from the list rather it is disabled. It can still be tuned if wanted. It remains on the list but greyed out.

Now the disabled channel will not be tuned when you use channel up/down, nor will it be shown in the simple guide.

The disabled channel number can still be tuned at anytime by inputing the channel number using the remote. It will also still show on the channel drop down list when inputing similar channel numbers with the remote. The channel can also be added (enabled) on the channel list in the same way it was disabled.

Beeper
Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
DrBecker: you're confusing Manual Tuning (which acts as you say) with Channel Edit (which acts as Beeper described).  They're not the same function.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Beeper-thank you. I folowed what you said and deleted a bunch of crap.
This can be closed!