So......has F106 resolved problems with DTVpal?......and is it available with TR-40? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 49
There are so many threads/posts regarding these "Dish" boxes......it can become overwhelming!......
Since this could be a significant issue......
I (and others for sure) would appreciate a survey of users of these boxes with the (newest?) F106 software.

Does it resolve the clock/timer/EPG issues that previous versions have had?

How does it differ from F103 (the previous latest version)?

Has anyone purchased a DTVpal with F106 at a retail store (Sears, for example)?

Has anyone received a TR-40CRA with F106?

Please provide detailed info. as you continue to use/test these (F106) boxes.

For the record......simply pushing the "SYS INFO" button brings up the software version.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Look ma, another TR40 thread.

Seriously, before this gets out of hand this should be merged with an existing thread. It would be quite useful to have an F101, F103, F106 comparison - but in an existing thread.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
I don't know if it's because they've just hopelessly given up or what, but they really do seem to let a lot of stuff slide here.

I'm thinking that maybe they are just expecting this subforum to die down considerably in a few months, so they don't even bother patrolling it, because there's just such an overwhelming amount of cr*p here to deal with. They probably would rather just concentrate their efforts on the more important stuff.

Not to say that this area isn't important - but about 90% of what's posted here isn't.

I imagine a lot of (mostly newbie) posters think I'm a real d***head for getting on them about it sometimes, but really, this is the only subforum on this site that allows this stuff to get so out of hand like this.
post #4 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
It's already been stated that the threads on the CECB forum will be deleted after the transition.

With the timer failures, I appreciated having the F103 posts pulled out as a separate thread. The distinction between F103 and F100/101 gets lost in the big thread. The F106 reports will get lost there, too.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

It's already been stated that the threads on the CECB forum will be deleted after the transition.

Well, then I guess that explains it. Still doesn't make it any less of a PITA to sift through for the average member here. One would think there'd have to be some kind of a better way to do it.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Rather aggressive stance given we can still apply for coupons through March 31st, and (presumably) buy CECB's through some time in mid July 2009. And after the coupon program is kaput, the converter boxes themselves will still be working. Why not keep the threads open for business until everybody loses interest?
post #7 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I said "after," not "immediately after." I give the mods credit for knowing CECB program dates, and am not losing sleep over whether they might pull the plug before the patient dies. The last day a coupon can be used is July 9th. ntiadtv.gov answer #270 says so.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
instead of complaining about how many threads cover the DTVAPLs just answer the mans question and we will all be happy. No one needs to read through 45+ pages of posts to get an answer when this question will cover it here. Maybe their should be subposts on the DTVPAL for each version of firmwear.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I said "after," not "immediately after."

OK, got it. But why not just lock the thread rather than deleting it? Seems to me we're making a bit of history here.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post

OK, got it. But why not just lock the thread rather than deleting it? Seems to me we're making a bit of history here.

That or have someone sift through the threads for useful informational posts and archive that into a sticky somewhere or something.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger666 View Post

instead of complaining about how many threads cover the DTVAPLs just answer the mans question and we will all be happy. No one needs to read through 45+ pages of posts to get an answer when this question will cover it here. Maybe their should be subposts on the DTVPAL for each version of firmwear.

Thank you, "dagger666"......

My rationale for starting a new thread is that these software upgrades can be a significant issue for current users and/or newbies.

Since there's so much info. entangled into the other DTVpal/TR-40 threads, I thought that it would provide a useful option (for many people)......as opposed to sifting through days, weeks and months of posts regarding these boxes!

Now......can we please get back on subject......please!!.......Thanks!
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page