Thanks!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All, this is my first post here. I just wanted to say thanks. We got out 2 coupons a week or so back. Sunday we went looking around and found the RCA box. I wanted the Zenith box but the wife said to save the $10. So we bought one of the RCA. I found this site yesterday and noticed that someone mentioned KMart selling the Zenith box for $49.95. I called one of the local KMart's and that was indeed true and they had them in stock. With that info, I went to CC and got them to price match the KMart price. They gladly did this AND also gave me 10% of the difference. Not much more off but it was a bit less that $49 + tax. So thanks for that bit of info, I appreciate it!!
I got the 901 model and it had a date of August 2008 on it I believe. I hooked it up and it is working great.
Now for a dumb question, Can the RCA box be returned to Wally World so that I can buy another Zenith? I don't know how this all works.

Thanks for the info, Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontr View Post

Hi All, this is my first post here. I just wanted to say thanks. We got out 2 coupons a week or so back. Sunday we went looking around and found the RCA box. I wanted the Zenith box but the wife said to save the $10. So we bought one of the RCA. I found this site yesterday and noticed that someone mentioned KMart selling the Zenith box for $49.95. I called one of the local KMart's and that was indeed true and they had them in stock. With that info, I went to CC and got them to price match the KMart price. They gladly did this AND also gave me 10% of the difference. Not much more off but it was a bit less that $49 + tax. So thanks for that bit of info, I appreciate it!!
I got the 901 model and it had a date of August 2008 on it I believe. I hooked it up and it is working great.
Now for a dumb question, Can the RCA box be returned to Wally World so that I can buy another Zenith? I don't know how this all works.

Thanks for the info, Ron

if you returned the RCA, then Wally World only has to give you the amount over the $40 coupon value, that is the terms of the coupon deal from the government. If they wanted they could allow the $40 coupon value to buy another coupon eligible converter box, if they only have one model that doesn't do much for you.

this is a good forum for info that is sure.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-13-2008, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks johnpost. I thought that may be the answer. I wish I had found these forums before I went shopping the first time. At least it is the B1 model.

Ron
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page