A question for solidsignal.com CECB customers... - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 189 Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you ever heard the saying: "Once is a mistake, twice is a habit."

Well, do ya'll remember last month, when forty5ford said he had received what was clearly a returned item, with the previous purchaser's info still intact? Yup, it happened to me. I ordered 4 things, all arrived fine except the beat up CM-7000. After multiple e'mails and phone calls, Solid Signal sent out a replacement.

When the replacement arrived, I could see where previous shipping labels had been torn off. I opened it and lo and behold, I'm looking at not my order info, but the previous purchaser's info. I have his name, phone #, last 4 digits of his Amex card, etc.

Oh, the BBB and AG are gonna love this one. Solid Signal is reshipping returns. (But they usually don't leave the evidence in the box.) For the few Solid Signal defenders left in this thread, have fun. Is it worth saving a few bucks with the chance of getting this headache? Nope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Liked: 11
And?
post #183 of 189 Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 AM

Yesterday afternoon I received two CM-7000's, a couple of amplifiers and some splitters I'd ordered Thursday evening. They were all shipped in one shipping box. There was no packing and the splitters were loose, so the retail boxes were a little dinged up. The CM-7000's both had clear round adhesive seals at the front flap, they had consecutive serial numbers and the latest build firmware (20080714) and showed no sign of removed shipping labels.

I received a tracking number as soon as the package was ready to ship. The only odd thing is the seemingly inefficient way FedEx handled it. They picked it up and sent it to their Livonia facility in a suburb of Detroit MI, sent it to their Toledo OH facility and then shipped it back the the Livonia location to be loaded on a truck to be delivered to my address in Detroit.

Thanks to oldsyd for looking into and answering the question of the currency of the CM-7000's.
post #184 of 189 Old 07-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

JNinCA -

I am sorry I did not see your post earlier. I have been out sick. Would it be possible for you to email me your name and order number? We are very upset this has happened and would like to get to the bottom of it. What I think has happened is that you received a converter box that was returned still new, not used. Leaving the previous customers information in the box was a huge mistake. The problem is human error on our own part which will be corrected.

Again I ask that you please contact me with your order info so I can verify this. My contact info is Mae@solidsignal.com and feel free to call me (248)479-2229 or (888)374-4625 ex2229.

Thank you and I look forward to resolving this with your help,
Mae

SS@SolidSignal
post #185 of 189 Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I see you only have two CECB versions left, can you give us an update on what is going on with this and your plans going forward?

Thanks,
Floydage

post #186 of 189 Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post

I see you only have two CECB versions left, can you give us an update on what is going on with this and your plans going forward?

Thanks,
Floydage

We will stay with the program until 90 days after last coupon sent - Early November.
We are still buying, but supply is limited to off-brands.
We are still working on a deal to purchase all the customer returns of the Magnavox units from K-mart and Walmart. These units with be refurbished from the manufacturer. We should be able to sell them delivered to the consumer for free after $40 coupon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jerry

SS@SolidSignal
post #187 of 189 Old 08-03-2009, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSignal View Post

We will stay with the program until it ends in September.
We are still buying, but supply is limited to off-brands.
We are still working on a deal to purchase all the customer returns of the Magnavox units from K-mart and Walmart. These units with be refurbished from the manufacturer. We should be able to sell them delivered to the consumer for free after $40 coupon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jerry

The program does not end in September. It ends 90 days after the last mailing for those who applied July 31, which likely means there will be active coupons into early November.
post #188 of 189 Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 AM

Deleted
post #189 of 189 Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

The program does not end in September. It ends 90 days after the last mailing for those who applied July 31, which likely means there will be active coupons into early November.

You are correct - I edited my response.

Jerry

SS@SolidSignal
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page