iNet SSR1921 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 55 Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do the up and down arrows on the iNet box control the volume? Does it come with component as well as RF cable?

I notice here they also offer a different, extra remote control for $8.99 plus an additional $6.99 shipping charge at ezdtv_com.

On their shipping page there's a toll-free number: "Saturday delivery is only available upon request. For Saturday delivery please contact us at (888) 388 2269"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 06-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffymcduffy View Post

Do the up and down arrows on the iNet box control the volume? Does it come with component as well as RF cable?

I notice here they also offer a different, extra remote control for $8.99 plus an additional $6.99 shipping charge at ezdtv_com.

On their shipping page there's a toll-free number: "Saturday delivery is only available upon request. For Saturday delivery please contact us at (888) 388 2269"

Whe I got my first conv.box I ran it 3months+1 till I've got the 2nd current 2months+ to present time, the reason is 90day Labor warranty, if it breaks at least I could do something about, if it breaks after 90 days - to garbage it goes, so I had to reinstall my iNetAccess SSR1921. To your question 3 x Yes
The arrow on Left side is Down volume - on Right side Up volume
The arrow on top is Channel Up - down is Channel Down
The center push in is Turn on Green light, push in Turn off Red Standby light
Yes all components come with it, 1 - 75Ohm coaxial cable, 1- AVS cable
yellow-white-red, Remote control is part of the conv. box includes 2 batteries
Remote Control is not accessory component for without it the box is useless, it gives you menu and Full and Add scan. etc. ($40 Coupon) + $ 5 shipping.
The Remote Control you mention is extra, probably universal for TV and
conv.box, Enjoy
post #33 of 55 Old 06-12-2009, 08:44 AM

if anyone wants a FREE box, www.EZDTV.com is selling for $40 and FREE shipping. I got 2 boxes for my sister today.
It looks like a great deal.
post #34 of 55 Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM

I had to do rescan as everybody else, since many Digitals assigned ch. have changed
their location, I had only one day to play with it but it seems to handle air traffic well,
the iNet box picked up few new channels to current 33 streams/ch. programs.
How about you guys, what's going on? Anyway, enjoy.
post #35 of 55 Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 AM

does the iNet SSR 1921 remote control have a CHANNEL RECALL button? the pic on ezdtv.com is far too small to tell what the button functions are.....

better yet, does anyone have or know of a large pic of the iNet SSR 1921 remote control? or a link to download the manual?

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
post #36 of 55 Old 07-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes there is a channel recall button labeled PRE-CH. The iNet SSR1921 is a re-badged Tivax STB-T8 and has an identical remote. The Tivax STB-T9 is the same as the T8 and iNet SSR1921 but without APT and it has the same remote - there is a diagram of the remote in the manual for the STB-T9.
post #37 of 55 Old 07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsat80 View Post

if anyone wants a FREE box, www.EZDTV.com is selling for $40 and FREE shipping. I got 2 boxes for my sister today.
It looks like a great deal.

donsat80,
I tried to place an order for 2 boxes after I had read through this thread, and the first time I was taken to Google Checkout, and I would have been charge $14.00 for shipping.
The second time I tried it took one order at a time, then just left a "info box" up stating that my order had been place. I called the 888# listed and it was a recorded message asking for name & phone # and they would call back ASAP. So far no call back.
What happened when you order? Or any other Forum members who used the www.ezdtv.com website?
Ghpr13

Info=Knowledge=Understanding=Better TV!
I see dead pixels!
post #38 of 55 Old 07-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghpr13 View Post

donsat80,
I tried to place an order for 2 boxes after I had read through this thread, and the first time I was taken to Google Checkout, and I would have been charge $14.00 for shipping.
The second time I tried it took one order at a time, then just left a "info box" up stating that my order had been place. I called the 888# listed and it was a recorded message asking for name & phone # and they would call back ASAP. So far no call back.
What happened when you order? Or any other Forum members who used the www.ezdtv.com website?
Ghpr13

I ordered one last Sunday at this link http://www.ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm . Just as I was about to add one to the cart I noticed that shipping charges may apply. Then I noticed on the right side of the site it had a free shipping link. So I ordered with no credit card, only the $40 coupon and received the box on Wednesday.
post #39 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 AM

Does the iNet box have a aspect ratio setting that will fill the screen top and sides with picture like the Zenith boxes Cropped setting?
post #40 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 04:54 AM

Aspect ratio choices for the iNet box are the same as reported for the Tivax STB-T9 here:

On 1080i or 720p channels
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post13714446
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post13715548

On 480i channels
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post13714544
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post13715558
post #41 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffymcduffy View Post

Yes there is a channel recall button labeled PRE-CH. The iNet SSR1921 is a re-badged Tivax STB-T8 and has an identical remote. The Tivax STB-T9 is the same as the T8 and iNet SSR1921 but without APT and it has the same remote - there is a diagram of the remote in the manual for the STB-T9.

thanks! great info!

one last question for those who have the iNet SSR1921 >
what kind of epg does it have? is it NOW/NEXT program titles only? or does it have program descriptions in addition to NOW/NEXT program titles?

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
post #42 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamajestic View Post

I ordered one last Sunday at this link http://www.ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm . Just as I was about to add one to the cart I noticed that shipping charges may apply. Then I noticed on the right side of the site it had a free shipping link. So I ordered with no credit card, only the $40 coupon and received the box on Wednesday.

Pamajestic,
Thanks for your reply. This morning I call INet at the # listed under the contact info on the webpage, and I spoke with Harry, who was very, very, helpful. He took the order over the phone and said he would have the boxes shipped out today. If he ran into any problems because of the order I tried to place yesterday, he would call me back. I was on the phone for only about 3 minutes. It's really refreshing to call a company and be taken care of like that.
I feel much better now!
Thanks again,
Ghpr13

I see dead pixels!
post #43 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839 View Post

thanks! great info!

one last question for those who have the iNet SSR1921 >
what kind of epg does it have? is it NOW/NEXT program titles only? or does it have program descriptions in addition to NOW/NEXT program titles?

The EPG is 12hours so there is not the idiotic Now/Next I have on another,
different conv.box, 12 hours epg as long the broadcaster provides the info.
The Info provides technical data about signal of each channel, for example
wNBC DT 1280x720p Frame speed at 30Hz (I still run my Coship so the info
is from my head).anyway, enjoy, Alo.
post #44 of 55 Old 07-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Did EZDTV.com drop the free shipping?

When I click on this link and then click on the large blue Free shipping box this shows up.
http://www.ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm

Quote:

(1) FREE shipping if you order 2 or more Units.
(2) Single Boxes will be charged Shipping.
(3) Free shipping for 48 continental USA State only. Shipping charges will be applied to other locations.

post #45 of 55 Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloEuro View Post

The EPG is 12hours so there is not the idiotic Now/Next I have on another, different conv.box, 12 hours epg as long the broadcaster provides the info......The Info provides technical data about signal of each channel, for example wNBC DT 1280x720p Frame speed at 30Hz (I still run my Coship so the info is from my head).anyway, enjoy, Alo.

thanks....but please clarify.....i didnt mean tech info....but thats good to have too...

i think what youre saying is that the epg can look ahead several hours....and thats good...but can the iNet SSR1921 also display program descriptions, meaning details like the movie/story plot, names of actors, etc for each program?

i have a ZINWELL box now but it does not have any program descriptions...it does NOW/NEXT program titles only....and my ARTEC box will look ahead many hours for program titles but it will only show program descriptions for the current and next programs....not for any title after now/next....

post #46 of 55 Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

The APEX DT502 will show program descriptions for any EPG information supplied by the station. Sometimes the station doesn't do a very good job with descriptions.

To Zinwell's discredit, the units with hidden EPG do give you full description for all listed shows. Zinwell needs to produce a firmware update to give this ability to all ZAT-970's, ZAT-970A's, and ZAT-950A's.

The Zenith 901 and Insignia -APT will supply you with a brief program description.
post #47 of 55 Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Today Federal Express delivered 2 brand new iNet SSR1921 Digital Converter Boxes...Totally Free! I can't believe that I order them on Monday and got them today...pretty great service!!
Take care all,
Ghpr13

I see dead pixels!
post #48 of 55 Old 07-16-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm3839 View Post

thanks....but please clarify.....i didnt mean tech info....but thats good to have too...

i think what youre saying is that the epg can look ahead several hours....and thats good...but can the iNet SSR1921 also display program descriptions, meaning details like the movie/story plot, names of actors, etc for each program?

i have a ZINWELL box now but it does not have any program descriptions...it does NOW/NEXT program titles only....and my ARTEC box will look ahead many hours for program titles but it will only show program descriptions for the current and next programs....not for any title after now/next....

My Tivax STB-T8 is showing up to 12hrs for the channel it's tuned to. I can scroll through the program titles and see the first 4 lines only of the description for each program, which is sufficient most of the time, but I've seen descriptions run for 7 lines on my Apex and CM.
post #49 of 55 Old 07-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

......To Zinwell's discredit, the units with hidden EPG do give you full description for all listed shows. Zinwell needs to produce a firmware update to give this ability to all ZAT-970's, ZAT-970A's, and ZAT-950A's......The Zenith 901 and Insignia -APT will supply you with a brief program description.

yessssss....i agreee 100%! what was ZINWELL thinking? this is by far the biggest flaw of the ZAT-970A....program descriptions are essential...and all the info is already there...so why not display it? even if it required a little more ram memory, so what? the amount of memory needed is probably dirt cheap....a few cents per box, i bet...maybe not even that much since it works in the older units....

post #50 of 55 Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Some of the Now/Next EPG conv.boxes give very little epg info, and it is the Info which provides most of the epg information.
Other boxes which have 12hrs EPG are using Info not as epg but rather give technical data about quality and speed of signal, that's how it should be.
As Snuffymcduffy has said, the EPG or Info epg which runs 4 lines at about 2 inch each line of limited firmware, and if the broadcaster runs epg 7-9 lines, all lines after 4 are cut off 'cause the
conv. box has its limitations and whatever info is in the cut off lines,continued story line,cast names
etc all is lost.
I seems to me that the EPG of networks are geared toward cable clients, that the broadcasters are
unaware of many conv. box limitations in regard to EPG 4-5lines, and they may not change until they
start loosing customers fed up with their attitude toward conv. box OTA recipients. Watch, when the
broadcasters ratings will go down,ha,ha,ha.
post #51 of 55 Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 AM

[quote=ron350;16820724]Did EZDTV.com drop the free shipping?

When I click on this link and then click on the large blue Free shipping box this shows up.

Try inetaccessinc.com and it will lead you to where you can order "Free iNet SSR1921 with Free shipping." Good luck.
post #52 of 55 Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM

Dtvuser333 thanks for the reply I ordered one iNet SSR1921 from http://www.ezdtv.com/gallery1.htm this morning.

Edit:
Well this does not sound good.

Received this email 7/18/09 from kalp()inetaccessinc.com

"Order 1 box.
Shipping will be free
Kal Patel"

Received this email today 7/20/09 from veigas()inetaccessinc.com

"Yes if you have one coupon, the Box will be free with coupon, & shipping charges $ 7.00
If you have two coupons the box will be free with coupon & shipping charges also free.
Thanking you,
Manuel Veigas"

post #53 of 55 Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Received the iNet SSR1921 today from ezdtv delivered by Fedx and double boxed.

Guess you can get free shipping with only one box ordered.

The iNet SSR1921 is a nice box but I would trade it for a Artec T3AP-LL

.PS:
Just noticed that this iNet SSR1921 always powers ON when plugged in.
I wonder if all iNet SSR1921 boxes do this?
post #54 of 55 Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron350 View Post

Received the iNet SSR1921 today from ezdtv delivered by Fedx and double boxed.

Guess you can get free shipping with only one box ordered.

The iNet SSR1921 is a nice box but I would trade it for a Artec T3AP-LL

.PS:
Just noticed that this iNet SSR1921 always powers ON when plugged in.
I wonder if all iNet SSR1921 boxes do this?

The TV, VCR, DVD and other appliances have real Power switch ON/Off,
only few conv.boxes have also real Power switch ON/OFF, all other boxes
including iNet/Tivax lines have the same type of active switch, you plug in
into outlet and the electrical surge goes to 1W Stanby mode of active
switch On thus continuing into full power of 8W Green light.
All the boxes but few do the same, going for vacation or few days away, power outages or blackoout make the box to shutOFF, the restoration of po
wer automatically propels the box from 1W Standby to 8W Green light active
box,most of the boxes do it.
The Coship N9901T APT or any of this line has real Power switch ON/OFF
at back of the box, you turn off the switch then the Stanby Red light is dead there is no power in the box, the box cools off faster. Alo
post #55 of 55 Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM

The Aspect Ratio are 1) Normal- whatever TV presents; 2) Zoom-zooming Normal wall to wall Full screen (cropped); 3) Wide-up/down wall to wall 2 sidebars( short people look like giants); 4) Cinema -4x wall to wall Full screen (cropped).
Interestingly the Add on scan goes up to ch.64 then goes to beginning at wCBC2-1, the other box
I have goes to ch.69 then to last previous channel, perhaps because of box limitations of capabilities.
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page