TIVAX STB-T8 help please! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2009, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I can't get my Tivax STB-T8 to work as advertised...
Basically, there are two channels I'm interested in watching, call them A and B. "A" broadcasts ONLY digitally, and B broadcasts ONLY analog.
With antenna going to Tivax box, and Tivax box to TV, after I do a scan, I have channel A, and a couple of channels I didn't have before-- but I do NOT have channel B!! The only way I can see B is to change the connection, bypasing the box, just hooking antenna to TV-- and then of course I don't have A.
It's a PITA (pain in the neck) changing the setup all the time!!
How do I get the Tivax to "pass through" channel B, as it apparently should??
TIA for help!!!
Ch.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsm View Post

Basically, there are two channels I'm interested in watching, call them A and B. "A" broadcasts ONLY digitally, and B broadcasts ONLY analog.
With antenna going to Tivax box, and Tivax box to TV, after I do a scan, I have channel A, and a couple of channels I didn't have before-- but I do NOT have channel B!! The only way I can see B is to change the connection, bypasing the box, just hooking antenna to TV-- and then of course I don't have A.
TIA for help!!!
Ch.S.

There is a discussion for that model at

Tivax STB-T8

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=tivax+stb+t8

answers there
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

TIA for help!!!
Ch.S.

Remember that channel 'B' will no longer be available in analog after 6/12 (unless it's a low power station).

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A better way to put the unit in bypass mode it to shut it off.

The #-0 trick is good if your just channel surfing because it takes a while for the unit to power up and down.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:

Hello, I can't get my Tivax STB-T8 to work as advertised... The only way I can see B is to change the connection, bypasing the box, just hooking antenna to TV-- and then of course I don't have A.
Ch.S.

As has been said, just turning off the power to the Tivax (or tuning the Tivax to -0) will bypass the box exactly like you did with your cable reroute. Then you can use your television remote to tune in the analog channels, just as you always have.

Of course in order for this to work, you have to use the F-Type RF cable hookups on both sides of the Tivax (just using the triple RCA video/audio cables won't give you bypass).

If you want to use RCA direct video connections with your set for higher quality video, you will also have to connect the RF F-cable output of the Tivax to your sets F-Cable RF input. Then you can simply switch your set to direct video input for use with the Tivax on the new digital channels, and shut off the power to the Tivax and tune RF channels directly with your television remote.

After the June cutoff date, almost all stations will be digital, so you should be able to just rescan your Tivax in 'Add' mode to find the new digital channels, and dispense with all this ‘bypass’ switching.

- Delphin