Reapplying for coupons... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello folks,

I initially got 2 coupons and the only recommended boxes I could get locally were 60 bucks and I wasn't confident about what to get I didn't want to waste 20 dollars. I had paralsys by analasys and let them expire.

I came here and was going to post, but wanted to dig around a bit. The only threads I found seemed to indicate that it's use it or lose it. There was some indication that the govt. was considering allowing people to reapply, but people weren't holding their breathe.

Well, is that still the case? I ask because I just went on the site for the heck of it and reapplied and got approved no problem.

What's the deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman74 View Post

Hello folks,

I initially got 2 coupons and the only recommended boxes I could get locally were 60 bucks and I wasn't confident about what to get I didn't want to waste 20 dollars. I had paralsys by analasys and let them expire.

I came here and was going to post, but wanted to dig around a bit. The only threads I found seemed to indicate that it's use it or lose it. There was some indication that the govt. was considering allowing people to reapply, but people weren't holding their breathe.

Well, is that still the case? I ask because I just went on the site for the heck of it and reapplied and got approved no problem.

What's the deal?

I reapplied months ago and it worked. Just go to the Gov site and check your coupon status and then click link to re-apply. But I think the program is ending June 12th?

My last coupon that I re-applied for expired in July.

In any case I would hurry.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2108 View Post

I reapplied months ago and it worked. Just go to the Gov site and check your coupon status and then click link to re-apply. But I think the program is ending June 12th?

My last coupon that I re-applied for expired in July.

In any case I would hurry.

Well, yeah, like I said I did reapply and got approved

Funny thing is I went to check my status first and I didn't show up in the system, so I thought maybe that's why I was able to reapply, but you are saying they have an actual option for it now.

Anyways, from the threads I was reading it sounded like they weren't allowing people to reapply and were only considering that.

I thought I would post this to help others and let them know they could get new coupons.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2108 View Post

But I think the program is ending June 12th?

July 31 - assuming politicians don't get in the way.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

July 31 - assuming politicians don't get in the way.

That's why my last coupon was expiring in July. Makes sense
Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Go to the http://www.dtv2009.gov/ website, locate the "Check Status" link and follow that. Enter your address and when it responds that the coupons have "Expired," it will give you the ability to re-apply.

You have until July 31, 2009 and the coupons will be good for 90 days from the date they mail them. Yeah. Right!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

From their website:
Quote:

While supplies last, you can request a coupon in one of four ways:
  • Apply online
  • Call the Coupon Program's toll-free, 24-hour automated system 1-888-DTV-2009 (1-888-388-2009).
  • Mail a coupon application to: PO BOX 2000, Portland, OR 97208-2000. Download a Coupon Application here.
  • Fax a coupon application to 1-877-DTV-4ME2 (1-877-388-4632)
  • Deaf or hard of hearing callers may dial 1-877-530-2634 (English/TTY) or 1-866-495-1161 (Spanish/TTY). TTY Service is available from 9 AM - 9 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

Go to the http://www.dtv2009.gov/ website, locate the "Check Status" link and follow that. Enter your address and when it responds that the coupons have "Expired," it will give you the ability to re-apply.

You have until July 31, 2009 and the coupons will be good for 90 days from the date they mail them. Yeah. Right!

Hey folks, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I did say twice now that I have already succesfully reapplied. I also specifically said that when I checked my status they had nothing in their system for me.

I just posted this to let people know that they can get new coupons if their old ones expired. From past posts it seemed that people thought it was use them or lose them.

There was talk in some posts that they would let people reapply, but it was just talk and it was said that the govt. hadn't acted on it yet.

I'm not sure why I wasn't in the system though, but I just figure it's the govt. and we aren't ever going to understand their ways. I'm just glad I got new coupons coming. Now I just have to figure out what boxes to get.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Yeah I thought it was use it or loose them..

I always thought it was stupid to expire after 90 days.. all of them should of expired July 31th...

both the cards I had expired the first one was because I misplaced it and found it 2 months after it expired

the 2nd expired because I was unable to go to the store to get the box
Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

I got mine. They say they are good until 9/16. Is that not the case?

Can we still use them online?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

They are still good until that date.

Yes you can use them on-line, although the selection and $40 pricings are drying up.

Coupons are available for request until July 31.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 View Post

They are still good until that date.

Yes you can use them on-line, although the selection and $40 pricings are drying up.

Coupons are available for request until July 31.

Thanks much for the help.

I'm still curious about the OP as well. I find it odd that I wasn't in the system and it didn't offer me an option to re-apply or anything. I just went ahead and signed up as if I was new. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, what's the difference:

-All or some of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite.

-None of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite.

Do they give you 2 either way?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

They did in the beginning and I thought I read somewhere, that they went back to two under the new end date.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
The differentiation between OTA only vs. some pay service was put in place in case the coupon program started to run out, so they could save the coupons for OTA only. But the way they actually implemented the program, whether you were OTA only or not had absolutely no effect on one's ability to get coupons.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman74 View Post

I got mine. They say they are good until 9/16. Is that not the case?

Can we still use them online?

They are good thru that date, BUT BE AWARE:

A: That there is a CUT-OFF "time"...

B: Most online vendors want the coupon 4-days BEFORE the cut-off date.

C: Some will accept the coupon unitl 4-5pm EST that same day the coupon expires

Translation: Coupons are good thru the date marked on the card- but there is a CUT-OFF time after which the coupons will not be honored you need to be aware of.

How do I know this? Well I had to go out of town for a funeral, got back in town and saw a set of coupons was expiring that day...

Local stores had no units I was interested in so I went online..

SoildSignal wanted the coupons like 4? days BEFORE the expiry date.
A few others wanted the coupons before 4-5pm... and it was after that time... (6:30pm)

So I ended up a on AMAZON COM ... their wording mentioned nothing about presenting coupons by 4-5pm, so I tried placing an order... System would not accept the coupons so I called CS- and they were unable to place the order so I lost the coupons.

Next step was to go to DTV2009, and reapply for coupons- which was successful... Coupons to be mailed 2009-07-09..

Old 07-06-2009, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I believe http://www.FreeTVSignal.com/ will accept the coupons up to Midnight ET, on the day of expiration. I wouldn't push it though.