Help with connections for cecb please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have ONE piece of coax run to my bed room connected to a cecb box. I want to to connect my other video device that is located in another room to that tv also.

So I was thinking I would just use an A/B switch connect my external anntenna to side A and my other video device to side B and just flip back and fourth so I could view which ever. BUT the obvious problem is the coax is connected to my cecb box. SO any suggections on how to get the cecb box to pass the other video device?

two things I dont want to do
run a second coax line to bed room or move the cecb box before the A/B switch

I will buy another cecb box if there is one out there that would allow some kind of signal to pass......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinobyte View Post

I have ONE piece of coax run to my bed room connected to a cecb box. I want to to connect my other video device that is located in another room to that tv also.

So I was thinking I would just use an A/B switch connect my external anntenna to side A and my other video device to side B and just flip back and fourth so I could view which ever. BUT the obvious problem is the coax is connected to my cecb box. SO any suggections on how to get the cecb box to pass the other video device?

two things I dont want to do
run a second coax line to bed room or move the cecb box before the A/B switch

I will buy another cecb box if there is one out there that would allow some kind of signal to pass......

I am a rank novice when it comes to this stuff but I don't think that you will find a CECB that will give you an adequate pass through. I am also guessing that using an AB switch as you describe would also alter the antenna's reception characteristics

If it were me, I would try hooking the coax from the other device straight to my tv, and then hook my CECB to a small nearby indoors antenna attached by a small length of COAX. Next (assuming your CECB and TV have RCA jacks) try connecting your CECB to your TV with RCA cable instead of Coax. To view programs through your CECB you will need to change the video mode of your tv away from the standard channels to AUX! or AUX2 or (whatever your tv has labeled them) and to view your alternate device, switch the tv mode back to regular channels

Hope this helps!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 08:38 PM

I am feeling a little bit like The Amazing Kreskin tonight so I will venture to guess that this "other device" is a cable TV signal?
post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

The Zinwell ZAT-970A will allow you to pass-through VHF-Hi and UHF (analog), while supplying DTV to your television via RCA jacks.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinobyte View Post

I have ONE piece of coax run to my bed room connected to a cecb box. I want to to connect my other video device that is located in another room to that tv also...

You need to be more specific. Is the other device able to pass through a signal (like a vcr) ? Or does it generate its own signal (like a dvd player) ?
Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page