Originally Posted by Floydage
IF you specifically asked them about the Pro units then that ain't right. Hopefully someone from there will read this and help you out.
I suspect Sanyo for the Pro based on the other thread although I don't recall anyone having bought one recently confirming this. Odd that the LS costs a few bucks more than the the LL. I have some Zinwells with Sanyo tuners, they tune fine but a few units won't hold tuning lock on RF CH 11. The nearest channel below in my area is 9 which holds fine. I have no VHF channels above 11 to test. Of course I'm not 100% sure it's the tuner but it's my main suspect (feedback loop to decoder?).
As per a conversation with June in the RMA department, She said since FedEx had not delivered the units yet to refuse shipment of the LS units- and in a day or so she'd reissue the order getting the Pro units @ NO additional charge. (Which is only right seeing how I had "called" them before placing the order online- to ask them if they expected any further incoming shipments of converter boxes... Being told they had NO info.... and then a day or so later the units I wanted showing up as "in-stock" after I placed the order for the LS's.)
Had some reservations on the time delay of the units getting back to them/ getting to a point that they could issue a replacement shipment to be shipped, but her responses were reassuring she would handle everything on her end with no additional input needed from me...
Based upon her attitude and her handling of the mix up and her authorizing shipment of the replacement units @ no additional charge I will be doing business with them in the future.
Guess I'll know in a couple of days... if the order gets reissued properly.
-EDIT 2009-10-10 Saturday:
In my conversation with June on Oct 6th and Oct 10th I had brought up the fact I was on the "East-Coast", and she was in California. (West-Coast)...
My concern being how shipping times on getting the refused shipment back to her would affect (delay) the replacement order. It taking 5 days to have item get to me, so it should take 5 days for return trip.
(Originally she had said to call back in day or so after shipment was refused,- implying she'd be able to initiate a replacement order once the item was showing in FedEx's possession.)
Well I waited an additional day calling on Friday (2009-10-09) only to be told to call back Monday the 12th now.- Right after telling her Fed-Ex is showing the delivery on the 13th...
Anyhow from what I gather for her to re-issue the order they will not /she cannot reissue the order until the old order has been received /logged-in /inspected/processed. While I can understand this on orders that have been "accepted" by the customer with the customer having possession of the shipment- (Because they have to verify the contents of the return shipment ).. I am sort of at the loss of a reason not to reissue a "refused" shipment in which the customer has NOT had possession.
Seems to me on refused shipments in which the item has been in possession of the shipper the ENTIRE time, they could cross ship the replacement order once item was showing "in route" to them.
Guess I'll post back a update on Mon/Tuesday.. I'm betting that when I call on Monday to be told to call back Tuesday/Wednesday... or Thursday... Maybe I'll get a surprise and get a e-mail Monday (12th) saying replacement shipment is on it's way...
* One thing is certain though- I don't mind the delay, or them not being able to issue a replacement shipment as long as they don't try to charge for return shipping costs. It was agreed upon before shipment was "refused" that there would be NO addtional charges on the replacement shipment.EDIT: 2009-10-26. Replacement boxes arrived several days ago from Meritline.com as promised.