Zenith DTT901 Lock-Up? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased my box and it worked fine for a day. Now, nothing works except the "power-off" button. The only way to power back on is by unplugging the device, plugging back in, then using the button to power-on. Still, I do not get the blue light and system setup/config screen...just snow on my t.v. And none of the buttons on the remote work (except power-off). Any suggestions or remedies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfaunt View Post

I just purchased my box and it worked fine for a day. Now, nothing works except the "power-off" button. The only way to power back on is by unplugging the device, plugging back in, then using the button to power-on. Still, I do not get the blue light and system setup/config screen...just snow on my t.v. And none of the buttons on the remote work (except power-off). Any suggestions or remedies?

If this DTT901 was purchased new you should return it to the place of purchase for exchange/refund. If this is a used DTT901 you might be out of luck.

My DTT901 (of April 2008 manufacture) has given good service since July 2008. I power it off for about ten hours each week.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
QAM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfaunt View Post

hmmmm..... lots of missing info to diagnose this problem... how is the DTT901 connected to the TV, RF or Video in? Does the red LED light? How do you know it powers on after you unplug/plug it if all you get is snow on the TV? Is the TV set to Ch3/4 or Video in? Do you see any OSD channel numbers? Is the antenna connected to the box? So many questions..... so many things that could be the issue....