RCA DTA800 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #421 of 424 Old 07-28-2015, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I suppose that might be true, but in the factory screen (brought up by pressing both power and ch+) the smart data line just lights up the LED for a single group about once a second or so.

Ha! I have made my first permanent mod to the box fw! I make a small modification in the IR and front button task install routine to call my code and that code then modifies the un-packed main sw. That way I don't have to mod the main sw and repack it to fit the space it starts with, I just mod it with a memcpy at run time in un-packed state. That task install routine is called from the un-packed code and only once at main sw start up. It was actually easy--well, if you ignore the weeks of reverse engineering and playing around it took.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 424 Old 07-28-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 66
'Hooks' are often disabled in factory mode.

post #423 of 424 Old 07-30-2015, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
No idea what that means.

I used my IR task install mod to overwrite the factory channel list used in the factory screen and now the box does the smart data a little different. None of the new list channels have the "zero" in the channel list set to one as in all the factory chs and no activity on the smart data line with any of the chs. I only get data coming out if I hit the number 8 key--that is a toggle to set the smart ant--and only one burst on the line and no more until the next press of the 8 key.

Kind of interesting how the factory screen works when you have active channels--you test the serial port, the front keys and the remote in one way or another, decoding of audio and video, the pattern test and audio test parts lets you see a number of qualities as well--if I knew a little more about some of the info displayed I might be able to judge other things--you do see how the buffers deal with the incoming stream and there is supposed to be info on the EIT, you see the gps time data in the debug screen. Lots of stuff.

post #424 of 424 Old 07-30-2015, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Example: A radio we designed at Motorola would just do basic functions in factory mode for the factory to test and calibrate. Hooks such as temperature compensation were not active (controlled environmental conditions in the factory).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page