Zenith (LG) DTT900 CECB - Page 87 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #2581 of 2584 Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post
Must be some hefty HOA fees.

Yellow . On the one hand you can go for a shade that's almost white, on the other hand a shade that blinds them and go 'what did we do?!'

Secede

Nope, FCC says (1996 + updates): https://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-...n-devices-rule

My inexpensive Philips 3-device u-remote I got at CVS two years ago has buttons that are biting the dust. Well it was inexpensive and sorta free via ExtraBucks rewards (to spend on future stuff). Have you guys had better luck with other brands? (inexpensive genre).

Hey saw an Insignia box on CL for $25 here the other day; great conditions (lol) and in the box too. Maybe a little cheaper because it isn't labeled Zenith?
Whatever color they chose, the ones that decide likely will not be here in 5 years anyway to look at their mistake. I would vote for Taupe on my place, but was told would never fly (there is brown brick that would compliment perfectly).

We also have to pay for our streets here, they use substandard materials & are being replaced after < 10 years, no one wants to watchdog any work being done here.... it's become downright corrupt.

I think this is where they will get me, though there are plenty of dishes on the roofs...

Q: If I live in a condominium, cooperative, or other type of residence where certain areas have been designated as "common," do these rules apply to me?
A: The rules apply to residents of these types of buildings, but the rules do not permit you to install an antenna on a common area, such as a walkway, hallway, community garden, exterior wall or the roof. However, you may install the antenna wholly within a balcony, deck, patio, or other area where you have exclusive use.
Drilling through an exterior wall, e.g. to run the cable from the patio into the unit, is generally not within the protection of the rule because the exterior wall is generally a common element. You may wish to check with your retailer or installer for advice on how to install the antenna without drilling a hole. Alternatively, your landlord or association may grant permission for you to drill such a hole. The Commission's rules generally do not cover installations if you drill through a common element.

They did provide the antenna, but now fail to maintain it as they (the HOA Nazis) are under the belief there is no such thing as OTA TV anymore.

Fees are running me $240/month ($175 + $65 assesment), they were $97 when I purchased the place in '97, & there never was an assesment till '98, which I have seen every year excpt for one since living there.

Would the Zenith nameplate be a value added feature? I'm surprised they never made these with the LG badge, there werre 2 flavors of the Insignia though??? for the passthrough.

Last edited by Bismarck440; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2584 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Your neutral color would make too much sense...

Streets. Sounds commune-like. I take it not in a city road district, etc.

Yeah I see, especially if your structure isn't stand-alone. I forgot you had a shared antenna. I think your best offense is the hypocrisy of the dishes on other roofs; a judge would rule in your favor as discrimination. The irony is that a sat dish doesn't need to be on a roof, it can be in a hole in the ground as long as it has line of sight to the sats; mine is about a foot off the ground. Any chance of the balcony, deck, patio, or other area? (yet I suspect altitude is needed there and you don't have an upper structure. Window?).

Wow that's some serious inflation, some is normal but I don't think my city taxes did anything like that. Maybe if insurance is included. My escrow is about $355 a month. You should have gone up a dollar a year ($97 in '97 ).

I perceive there's some Zenith goodwill on those used boxes. I think Insignia is Best Buy. Seems there were a couple of numbers with pass-thru suffixes. Oh that CL seller dropped it to $20.

post #2583 of 2584 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage View Post
Your neutral color would make too much sense...

Streets. Sounds commune-like. I take it not in a city road district, etc.

Yeah I see, especially if your structure isn't stand-alone. I forgot you had a shared antenna. I think your best offense is the hypocrisy of the dishes on other roofs; a judge would rule in your favor as discrimination. The irony is that a sat dish doesn't need to be on a roof, it can be in a hole in the ground as long as it has line of sight to the sats; mine is about a foot off the ground. Any chance of the balcony, deck, patio, or other area? (yet I suspect altitude is needed there and you don't have an upper structure. Window?).

Wow that's some serious inflation, some is normal but I don't think my city taxes did anything like that. Maybe if insurance is included. My escrow is about $355 a month. You should have gone up a dollar a year ($97 in '97 ).

I perceive there's some Zenith goodwill on those used boxes. I think Insignia is Best Buy. Seems there were a couple of numbers with pass-thru suffixes. Oh that CL seller dropped it to $20.
Streets are association maintained replacement, snow removal ect, & external/structural insurance included. They removed a tree killed by the ash bore out of my front yard in '13 (which incidentally cracked my driveway which became my responsibility to replace) & was replaced by a no parking sign.... legal loophole so they wouldn't have to replace the tree. Driveways, Patios are my responsibility

my patio is on the opposite side (thus no LOS) I need to point at my antenna farm, so would need to be on the roof, I can see it being an eyesore if I mounted on my lower garage roof on the front of the house & visible from the street it would be too obvious. On the upper roof I can use the fact many of my neighbors are mounting dishes. There was one community dish provider that became a monopoly, so some bucked & got their own dishes & nothing seemed to be said.. I could care less if they maintained the antenna system which the currently fail to do.

I would think the LG badge would have gone over better, though the Zenith badge was more popular for those who remember & enjoyed OTA TV long before the cable monster took the stronghold. Those boxes are going for astronomical amounts on the bay.
post #2584 of 2584 Old Today, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Dayum, they're a sneaky bunch. There's a movie in these tales if you're a writer.

Well the dish part of all this tells me your entitled to mount an antenna too despite the coop common area stipulation (now I wonder who lobbied the FCC for that part of it?!). GL my friend! I guess the last resort is back to the attic antenna (yes I now remember that - broken element(s)); maybe have to replace with one of those newer compact high gain ATSC-optimized models and possibly an amp.

Maybe they're LG overseas (if they have converter boxes) and Zenith over here. "The quality goes in before the name goes on." Yeah I think you're right per the older TV crowd, which was probably the majority buying boxes. Isn't it 'LG' for TVs and such? I haven't heard much of Zenith anymore.
Yeah it seems everyone thinks these are the golden goose, I beg to differ. Weren't even in the top tier of PQ. They claim pretty reliable though despite your experience, plus great reception. Built-in power supply makes them 'seem' a step above. Are they actually selling for those higher prices? ('Completed listings'); I see all kinds of pipe dream nonsense on ebay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Coupon Eligible Converter Box (CECB)