Blu-ray Disc Reviews: Introduction - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 111 Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bronco70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

I have updated my webpage with the pics of the new gear. You can visit my clicking on the link in my signature..


Cheers,

Happy Holidays Ralph,

Great pics. New pj looks sweet. I'm feeling the need to go to 1080p from 720p. Kind of wanted to stay with DLP.There are not any choices I can find at this point to suit my short throw needs. Perhaps the RS20 is a contender. Need to research the design. Leery of LCD panels.

Your DVD rack looks very nice. I do a bit of woodworking. Poplar? One of my favorites. Easy to work and takes stain well.

The blue, flat cable into your RS20, a flat HDMI? Custom made? That might make life easier.

The family will be back in Middletown in late March, hope winter will be over.

Again, keep the reviews coming.

Joe
Bronco70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 111 Old 12-29-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post

Happy Holidays Ralph,

Great pics. New pj looks sweet. I'm feeling the need to go to 1080p from 720p. Kind of wanted to stay with DLP.There are not any choices I can find at this point to suit my short throw needs. Perhaps the RS20 is a contender. Need to research the design. Leery of LCD panels.

Your DVD rack looks very nice. I do a bit of woodworking. Poplar? One of my favorites. Easy to work and takes stain well.

The blue, flat cable into your RS20, a flat HDMI? Custom made? That might make life easier.

The family will be back in Middletown in late March, hope winter will be over.

Again, keep the reviews coming.

Joe

Greetings,

Thanks Joe. The HDMI cable is flat and is a high end cable made by WireWorld. He makes excellent cabling at a number of price points and for a variety of needs.

As far as LCD goes I have owned six projectors now and all have been LCD. I have not complaints.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #93 of 111 Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Wow! That new JVC looks sweet! Wish I had not seen that as I need to hold onto my RS1 for atleast another year or two and your pictures tempt me Congrats!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #94 of 111 Old 12-30-2008, 12:54 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Wow! That new JVC looks sweet! Wish I had not seen that as I need to hold onto my RS1 for atleast another year or two and your pictures tempt me Congrats!

Not to worry Toe I'm in the same boat the way Jvc is going looking forward to see what they have to offer in a year or two

_________________________

Frank
Franin is online now  
post #95 of 111 Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Not to worry Toe I'm in the same boat the way Jvc is going looking forward to see what they have to offer in a year or two


I hear you The past few years have been realy exciting and it does not seem to be slowing down to much.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #96 of 111 Old 04-08-2009, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

I have moved from the B&K to the new Sherbourn 7/200 which will now serve as my reference review amplifier.

I received it today and have integrated it into my system. Man! This thing is a beast.

I have run some two channel and multi-channel music through it and so far am duly impressed...


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #97 of 111 Old 05-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
mahlerfan999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Ralph, since you get so many movies in advance I can't help but wonder-- do you also publish your reviews in a magazine or a newspaper column?
mahlerfan999 is offline  
post #98 of 111 Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahlerfan999 View Post

Hey Ralph, since you get so many movies in advance I can't help but wonder-- do you also publish your reviews in a magazine or a newspaper column?


Greetings,

Nope. You guys see them first...


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #99 of 111 Old 06-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Member
 
mrdenn1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Ralphy,

What's the best Pixar Blu Ray In your opinion...and when will The Incredibles be out??
mrdenn1s is offline  
post #100 of 111 Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

I just added the Oppo BDP-83 to my review system. I am looking forward to putting this great looking player to the test. So far so good..


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #101 of 111 Old 06-27-2009, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

For those interested I have updated my theater room pics to include my new Oppo Blu-ray Disc player and a 40" Proscan 1080p HDTV which I use as a monitor. I got this set from BB for $500 and for the price it performs impressively..

You can check it out by clicking on the My Home Theater link in my signature.


Cheers,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #102 of 111 Old 09-20-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

Well I have moved to the Anthem AVM50v audio/video processor. I will miss the Denon but wanted to move back to separates. Before the Denon I had the AVM50 and loved its superb flexibility, articulated sound and incredible video processing. I eventually outgrew it moved to the Denon. Now that Anthem has updated it with more inputs, internal lossless decoding and improved video processing I felt it was time to move back.


Of course it is quite impressive...


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #103 of 111 Old 09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Well I have moved to the Anthem AVM50v audio/video processor. I will miss the Denon but wanted to move back to separates. Before the Denon I had the AVM50 and loved its superb flexibility, articulated sound and incredible video processing. I eventually outgrew it moved to the Denon. Now that Anthem has updated it with more inputs, internal lossless decoding and improved video processing I felt it was time to move back.


Of course it is quite impressive...

The Denon hardly even knew you.

Enjoy the new toy.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #104 of 111 Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

I have moved to the Stewart Studiotek 130 G3. So far I am very pleased..


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #105 of 111 Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Newbie
 
morty xpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great article!
morty xpert is offline  
post #106 of 111 Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
 
Lucky7!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep... appreciate the introduction. Thanks!
Lucky7! is offline  
post #107 of 111 Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Greetings,

I have made the move to 3D and upgraded to the JVC DLA-RS50 front projector. I am currently utilizing the Samsung BD-C7900 3D Blu-ray player for 3D content. The Samsung has two HDMI outputs which allows me to continue to use my reference Anthem AVM50v for audio while sending the video output directly to the projector. I am using JVC's 3D actvie shutter glasses and have also added the xPanD Universal 3D glasses as well. Both work great.

So far I am very impressed with the JVC and the upgrade. I added a couple of pics to my theater webpage. You can take a look by clicking on the link in my signature.

Once I have finalized plans on how 3D reviews will be implemented into my review template I will make an announcement.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #108 of 111 Old 12-26-2010, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DJ Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 1,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

I have made the move to 3D and upgraded to the JVC DLA-RS50 front projector. I am currently utilizing the Samsung BD-C7900 3D Blu-ray player for 3D content. The Samsung has two HDMI outputs which allows me to continue to use my reference Anthem AVM50v for audio while sending the video output directly to the projector. I am using JVC's 3D actvie shutter glasses and have also added the xPanD Universal 3D glasses as well. Both work great.

So far I am very impressed with the JVC and the upgrade. I added a couple of pics to my theater webpage. You can take a look by clicking on the link in my signature.

Once I have finalized plans on how 3D reviews will be implemented into my review template I will make an announcement.

Regards,

Thats awesome Ralph. I was wondering when you were going to make the jump to 3D. With your type of setup I bet it will really be a cool experience viewing 3D on that big of a screen. I recently dipped into 3D as well by getting a Panasonic 50' VT25 3D HDTV. I am impressed so far with Blu-ray 3D.
DJ Matt is offline  
post #109 of 111 Old 03-21-2011, 07:17 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

I have moved to the Stewart Studiotek 130 G3. So far I am very pleased..


Regards,

Fantastic screen If I may say so myself, congrats Ralph

_________________________

Frank
Franin is online now  
post #110 of 111 Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,506
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Fantastic screen If I may say so myself, congrats Ralph

Greetings,

I am still feeling the love for my Studiotek..

Thanks Frank!


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #111 of 111 Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post


Greetings,

I am still feeling the love for my Studiotek..

Thanks Frank!

Regards,

Same Ralph just curious( I know it's the wrong place to post it) Ralph did you notice the difference from your last screen to the Stewart?

_________________________

Frank
Franin is online now  
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Butch by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off