Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 5 - AVS Forum
First ... 3  4  5
Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews > Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review
mkoreiwo's Avatar mkoreiwo 05:31 AM 05-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson View Post

First and formost people need to realize this is a MOVIE. Next how real were any of the other Indie films? Its an adventure. Its fun..

There are only 3 parts in the movie that make you say...whahahawhhatt..

the water fall part
Mut in the trees
Indie in refrigerator after blast.

The aliens are fine and fit in with everything else in every Indie movie I have seen.

Great movie. Great cast. Great music. Best part is when Indie gets out of the car and picks his hat up and puts it on..Classic Indie.

Agreed. For the most part. My troubles started with the refrigerator though - that was too much - even with a stretch of the imagination!

This certainly wasn't the best Indy film, I don't think anyone could honestly dispute that. I just felt the relied way too much on the "over-the-top" stunts and effects, as opposed to telling an intriguing story which they could have done. The bike scene in New Haven started out great... but was carried on way too long, same goes for the jungle fighting. I actually was getting bored. This was the problem I had with the movie. Not so much topic, but writing and execution. Off topic: the same complaint I would lodge against the adaptation of The DaVinci Code! A phenomenal read reduced to a chase scene!

To each his own, its what makes life interesting!

tvine2000's Avatar tvine2000 04:37 PM 06-25-2009
i still say all the films were over the top.i love them ,but to target one film and say its over the top.....not!
how about raiders when indy is fighting a nazi in a moving truck,and indy gets shot in the arm,are you kidding!the last film is no different then the first one.
mkoreiwo's Avatar mkoreiwo 09:43 PM 06-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvine2000 View Post

i still say all the films were over the top.i love them ,but to target one film and say its over the top.....not!
how about raiders when indy is fighting a nazi in a moving truck,and indy gets shot in the arm,are you kidding!the last film is no different then the first one.

True enough, but at that time it was fresh. Go to the same well too often, and it becomes less entertaining. At least for me. ymmv of course.
SbWillie's Avatar SbWillie 12:19 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvine2000 View Post

Actually NO!

THe waterfall sequnce(s) was the most ridiculous scene EVER in the indy franchise...sory but I completely tuned out after that series of `falls'.. Sci-Fi is one thing but turning Indy into a Loonie Toons cartoon ...???

And that's not even including the Shia of the Jungle sequence leading up to the falls....

SORRY but this one wasn't HALF as good as ANY of the 3 prior films!
reanimator's Avatar reanimator 04:15 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Sci-Fi is one thing but turning Indy into a Loonie Toons cartoon ...???

Actually, classic Loony Tunes cartoons hold some of the strongest influences on Spielberg's earliest works. If you watch carefully, there's a scene in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK where a bad-guy actually gets hit in the head with a frying pan. Doesn't get much more cartoony than that.
mikieson's Avatar mikieson 04:43 PM 06-28-2009
eh...I stand my ground. The new movie is awesome and for the series age it holds up very well and Im hoping for 2 more movies to finish off a great franchise.

R.I.P King Of POP...MJ.
coati858's Avatar coati858 01:18 PM 06-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Actually NO!

THe waterfall sequnce(s) was the most ridiculous scene EVER in the indy franchise...sory but I completely tuned out after that series of `falls'.. Sci-Fi is one thing but turning Indy into a Loonie Toons cartoon ...???

And that's not even including the Shia of the Jungle sequence leading up to the falls....

SORRY but this one wasn't HALF as good as ANY of the 3 prior films!

Right ... because Temple of Doom was Cinéma frikkin vérité.
GN231's Avatar GN231 08:29 AM 07-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati858 View Post

So true. If one really looks at any of these films with a highly critical eye you're bound to come away disappointed. Temple of Doom had some of the most unbelievable crap in it imaginable but back then it sure seemed like a fun ride.
fuzz!'s Avatar fuzz! 04:11 PM 07-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati858 View Post

I think a lot of the 30-somethings who watched the originals as a child are seeing the same brand through adult eyes and thinking it's rubbish.

There'll be a bunch of members here would have watched the 1986 animated Transformers movie 23 years ago thinking it was awesome.

If you watch it today, all growed up, you'll see a poorly constructed marketing tool (killing off all the old Transformers and introduce the new toy lineup) backed by the worlds cheasiest soundtrack.

Perceptions change.. a lot.
asher2v2's Avatar asher2v2 05:02 PM 07-07-2009
The "unbelievable" part to me are the CG effects, especially at the end. Starting the the Star Wars prequel Lucas has put way too much CG stuff in, it's less believable to me than the old effects, honestly. It takes me out of the action knowing what I'm looking at is totally fake. Though I think the worst ever was in Superman Returns when he flies up into space... soooo fake.
leadliner's Avatar leadliner 02:51 PM 07-23-2009
my fav part of the movie was the thx sign in the beginig, the sound was incredible. the sound in the movie wasent even close. and i cant stand the 6" black bars that aspect ratio doesent do it for me.
mikieson's Avatar mikieson 06:12 PM 07-23-2009
Is it the best of the 4 movies?? NO..BUT its really a good movie. I have stated my thoughts on it already and stand firm. Everyone likes different things but to say its rubbish or unbelievable is just controdictory to the other films.
Tags: Blu Ray Movies , Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull Blu Ray
First ... 3  4  5

Up
Mobile  Desktop