Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 401
attachment.php?attachmentid=120653&d=1222333212
The Review at a Glance: (max score: 5 )

Film: attachment.php?attachmentid=109944&d=1210373692

Extras: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

Audio/Video total rating:

( Max score: 100 )

Studio and Year: Paramount - 2008
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Feature running time: 122 Minutes
Genre: Action/Adventure

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC (MPEG-4)
Video Aspect: 2.35:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Spanish/French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Spanish, French, Portuguese
Starring: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, Shia LaBeouf, John Hurt
Directed by: Steven Spielberg
Music by: John Williams
Written by: David Koepp based upon the story by George Lucas and Jeff Nathanson
Region Code: A

Blu-ray Disc release Date: October 14, 2008

"The adventure continues…"

Film Synopsis:

Steven Spielberg and George Lucas bring you the greatest adventurer of all time in “a nonstop thrill ride” (Richard Corliss, TIME) that’s packed with “sensational, awe-inspiring spectacles” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull finds Indy (Harrison Ford) trying to outrace a brilliant and beautiful agent (Cate Blanchett) for the mystical, all-powerful Crystal Skull of Akator. Teaming up with a rebellious young biker (Shia LaBeouf) and his spirited original love Marion (Karen Allen), Indy takes you on a breathtaking action-packed adventure in the exciting tradition of the classic Indiana Jones movies!

My Take:

attachment.php?attachmentid=121069&d=1222871620

I saw Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the theater. I am definitely a fan of the franchise and looked forward to this installment. I wasn’t sure what to expect but felt confident in knowing that both Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were involved in the writing and direction. Since Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones there was no other option in my opinion regarding who would play the part. I thought that the story appropriately brought the character up to date and didn’t overemphasize his age but didn’t ignore it either. I thought that bringing Marion (and Karen Allen) back into the mix was a nice touch for fans. I didn’t feel that the story was up to the level of the previous films but it had enough depth to make it enjoyable nonetheless. It seemed as though it wasn’t sure how to bring in the climax after the build up, which is where it fell short. Regardless, part of the fun is getting there and that is where the positive attributes lie in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The supporting cast is made up of quality actors in Cate Blanchett and John hurt. Shai LaBeouf’s star is on the rise but he has a ways to go to prove himself as a quality actor. I do find him appealing onscreen and overall I like him. In my opinion this film stayed true to the feel of the character and the first three movies. As a fan I wasn’t disappointed in it but just felt that it didn’t have the beginning to end solidity of the others.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for adventure violence and scary images.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

Audio: 92

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373699

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

Video: 88

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373699

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699
attachment.php?attachmentid=121070&d=1222871620

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes to Blu-ray featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 32 mbps and lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 channel sound that has an average bitrate of 3.5 mbps.

Having seen this film theatrically I had high hopes for this video presentation and Paramount didn’t disappoint. Images have a resplendent quality with punchy contrast and high level detail. It obvious that Director Spielberg utilizes varying visual characterizes which can be scene specific to capture the look he wants. He uses filtering to give some scenes a soft glow around bright objects which is reminiscent of the earlier Indiana Jones films. The period clothing used leaned more toward beige, gray and sepia tones that made many scenes appear to be less colorful. There were scenes that contained splashes of color with brighter hues and a broader palette that sparkled. Colors were vivid and rich in texture where appropriate and looked great in high definition. As Dr. Irina Spalko (Blanchett) addresses Indy outside of Area 51 there is a medium distance camera shot of her. The fine blonde hairs on the surface of her face were clearly defined and contrasted nicely against the deep black of her hair. Another example is during the sequence when Indy and Mutt burst into the library during the motorcycle chase. Just prior to their entrance there is a quick wide angle shot of the library. Notice the video’s three dimensional quality as the students in the foreground, background and the objects within the room appear appreciably delineated and razor sharp. The various colors in the sweaters/clothing worn by the students, the green table lamps and textured appearance of facial features and hair are rendered cleanly. That sequence shows off the dynamic quality of this presentation well and is one of the best looking in the film. Blacks are stable with solid depth and visible gradational highlights. Shadow detail is excellent which provides good visibility in sequences that utilize low lighting and contain darker elements. I had no trouble making out the detail in Indy’s leather jacket as he and Mutt stood in the darkened archway outside of the cell where Ox had been held. Later as they stood in the graveyard I could clearly see the uneven rocky surface of the walls in the background as Indy and Mutt defended themselves against the attacking natives. This increased visual perspective and gave those types of scenes greater depth of field. This movie was shot on film however I didn’t observe any apparent grain structure. There were no obvious signs of digital noise reduction, edge enhancement or compression related artifacts. I thought that this was an excellent video presentation that well represented how this film looked when I saw it theatrically.

The Dolby TrueHD soundtrack was just as impressive. This is not an in your face type of sound mix but its refined and silky smooth delivery is not to be underestimated. This film uses a complex sound design that has to maintain a delicate balance so the plethora of sound effects, music and dialogue within the soundtrack can be clearly and easily interpreted by the audience. Dialogue was distinctly perceptible and well articulated so that even subtle changes in the inflection of the voices among the cast was detectable. Sound effects were accurately placed within the sound field which established a tight correlation between the onscreen information and what was being heard within the room. This created an immersive and engaging soundscape that wasn’t overly aggressive but was abundantly rich in detail. I found that even subtle background effects such as the falling of loose debris/pebbles or the soft drip of dewdrops had audible presence. John Williams’ music score was unquestionably the star of the show and it sounded magnificent throughout the film. It appreciably enhanced the motorcycle chase sequence as the orchestrated instrumentation drove the spirited action that culminated in the library. It was accentuated by the smooth timbre of the brass and the low frequency punch of the bass drum. The sound mix delivers rich, well extended bass response that provided tactilely dynamic impact that was occasionally room filling. An example of this can be found early in the movie when the atomic bomb erupts and eviscerates the small make shift town in New Mexico. The initial flash of light is followed by a low frequency burst that resonates throughout the room and sounds great. This was a great audio presentation that seemed reminiscent of the earlier Indiana Jones films. I think that that was due in part to the use of many of the sound effects and music utilized in the first three but it was obvious that this mix didn’t go overboard by being too bombastic like some of today’s action based films.

attachment.php?attachmentid=121071&d=1222871620

Bonus Features:

There is a wealth of bonus supplements included that begin with pre-production and follow the making of this film right through to its completion. There are extensive interviews that seem like a running commentary by Director Steven Spielberg that look inside his thought processes. Interwoven throughout are references to the first three films and the work from them that spilled over into the making of this film. No stone is left uncovered and it is all presented in high definition. I recommend that you take the time to view it all because it is well worth it.

Disc 1:

• Pre-Production - Featurette

• Indian Jones timelines

• (HD) Trailers - 2 and 3

• (HD) The return of a legend - Featurette

Disc 2:

• (HD) Production Diary: making of Kingdom of the crystal skull

1. Shooting begins - New Mexico
  2. Back to school - New Haven , Connecticut
  3. Welcome to the jungle - Hilo, Hawaii
  4. On set action
  5. exploring Akatar
  6. Wrapping up!
  • (HD) Warrior make-up

• (HD) The crystal skulls

• (HD) Iconic props

• (HD) The effects of Indy

• (HD) Adventures in post production

• (HD) Closing: Team Indy

• (HD) 3 Pre-visualization sequences - mapped out in CGI

• (HD) Galleries:
  1. The art department
  2. Stan Winston Studio
  3. Production photos
  4. Portraits
  5. Behind the scenes photos
attachment.php?attachmentid=121073&d=1222871640

Final Thoughts:

I am happy to see that an Indiana Jones film has come to high definition Blu-ray Disc. I hope that the others soon follow and offer the quality of this audio/video presentation which is excellent. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull isn’t my favorite film of the franchise but it is entertaining and does maintain the integrity of character and the spirit of the earlier films. Recommended.

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS1x 1080p High Definition Front Projector
Carada Precision Brilliant White 96" Screen
Oppo 970HD universal disc DVD Player (480i HDMI)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Marantz DV7001 Universal Disc Player
Denon AVR 5308CI THX Ultra 2 Preamp/Video Processor
B&K Reference 200.7 Series 2 seven Channel amplifier
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Furman SPR-20i Stable Power Regulator
Wireworld, VizionWare, Audioquest, Best Deal Cables - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Too many characters joining Indy on his latest adventure and getting in the way of the fun.....John Hurts character had little to do but wander around and look bemused and Cate Blanchette was wasted as the villian and unmemorable. In fact John Hurts character would have been Indy Jones senior played by Sean Connery....He read the script and saw how little he had to do and bowed out ( of course officially he said he was retired and thus they changed the character and made it John Hurts )

The waterfall scene was frankly boring and silly.....In fact too much of the second half was silly instead of being thrilling.

Glad to see it hit Blu Ray though and i do hope it sells well and they release the original trilogy.

A weak film but it sounds like it's a great Blu Ray disc.

I saw it at the cinema too and i didn't notice much grain there either so i imagine they used low grain film stock.
post #3 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Given that this is Spielberg, I am surprised there is no DTS-MA sound. I doubt there is apprecialble difference with that and Dolby True HD, but DTS is Spielberg's format.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #4 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

Given that this is Spielberg, I am surprised there is no DTS-MA sound. I doubt there is apprecialble difference with that and Dolby True HD, but DTS is Spielberg's format.

...and guess what, dolby is lucas format.
post #5 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder View Post

Too many characters joining Indy on his latest adventure and getting in the way of the fun.....John Hurts character had little to do but wander around and look bemused and Cate Blanchette was wasted as the villian and unmemorable. In fact John Hurts character would have been Indy Jones senior played by Sean Connery....He read the script and saw how little he had to do and bowed out ( of course officially he said he was retired and thus they changed the character and made it John Hurts )

The waterfall scene was frankly boring and silly.....In fact too much of the second half was silly instead of being thrilling.

Glad to see it hit Blu Ray though and i do hope it sells well and they release the original trilogy.

A weak film but it sounds like it's a great Blu Ray disc.

I saw it at the cinema too and i didn't notice much grain there either so i imagine they used low grain film stock.

I was torn with this movie... there were scenes where it really felt like an Indy movie and many more where it felt like a cheesy Mummy or Tomb Raider flick. Either way it was dumb fun and sounds like worth havine on Blu. No where near the level of the other three but I'll grab it any how.

Great review Ralph, thank you!

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #6 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 396
I saw the movie theatrically and thought it was terrible (and I'm a huge Indy fan and I thought Tomb Raider and The Mummy were actually better than this movie). However, I will give it a second viewing via rental on BD. I'm curious to see how it looks and sounds on my set-up.

post #7 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

I believe Lucas actually owns the rights to this movie - as he does the other three Indy films, hence, TrueHD, but in all reality from an AQ perspective, it doesn't matter.

post #8 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I think that unrealistic expectations for this film doomed the enjoyment of it for many people. A shame too, it was never going to be "Raiders", heck even "Raiders", wasn't meant to be the iconic film it turned out to be. These films where intended to be nothing more than Saturday afternoon fun, just like the weekly serials that inspired them. On that level I enjoyed the heck out of the film, without comparing it to the Legend that is "Raiders" It's not as weighty a story as some of the others, but it's not out of left field either. All in all I thought of the film as a very good re-introduction of the franchise and it will be great to have another Indy film to slap in the Blue Ray player on some rainy or snowy Saturday afternoon.
post #9 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
good post Shasta. I haven't seen it yet, but those were my thoughts based on what I'd heard through the grapevine.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #10 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I did enjoyed most of the movie when I saw it in the theaters...The part that kill it to me was the space saucer scene... But other than that I did like the movie and can't wait to receive my copy...

Christian

My DVD and Blu Ray collection

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #11 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I've got Bond to contend with so I need a good price before I pull this trigger!
post #12 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta View Post

I think that unrealistic expectations for this film doomed the enjoyment of it for many people. A shame too, it was never going to be "Raiders", heck even "Raiders", wasn't meant to be the iconic film it turned out to be. These films where intended to be nothing more than Saturday afternoon fun, just like the weekly serials that inspired them. On that level I enjoyed the heck out of the film, without comparing it to the Legend that is "Raiders" It's not as weighty a story as some of the others, but it's not out of left field either. All in all I thought of the film as a very good re-introduction of the franchise and it will be great to have another Indy film to slap in the Blue Ray player on some rainy or snowy Saturday afternoon.

It was the poor script that spoiled my viewing not the expectations.....The lack of genuine thrills replaced by predictable nonsense....Say what you will about the original trilogy but their scripts were good and their thrills were great...Not so this movie....Seemed to me the film makers lacked the passion this time around and since everyone was getting too old they went with the only script Mr George Lucas liked.
post #13 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:

It was the poor script that spoiled my viewing not the expectations.....The lack of genuine thrills replaced by predictable nonsense....Say what you will about the original trilogy but their scripts were good and their thrills were great...Not so this movie....Seemed to me the film makers lacked the passion this time around and since everyone was getting too old they went with the only script Mr George Lucas liked.

As bad as this film is it ended up going to the Odeon I’m starting to wonder if it is seating politics or some kind of poor film conspiracy that poor films should go to the rubbish Odeon Leicester Square because I wonder if Batman was rubbish and even when that should have gone to the VUE in one of two THX screens Indy didn’t get the change to with it out at the Empire in 56KW THX which has to be the most powerful THX screen in the world.

Quote:

You forget to mention which cinema and you forget to take the SPL db meter to get a rough reading of the level, too

The more I think about this one the more depressed I get and The Mummy 3 being Universal should have gone straight to the Empire someone at Wardour street London is taking the piss.
post #14 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cool. This must be the first commentary track that Spielberg have done?
post #15 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm surprised it's not a 6.1 track. EX was a big deal to Lucas.

OTOH, we got lossless at least

I just hope this thread doesn't deteriorate over the film. I know it has it's fans and the people who didn't care for it.
post #16 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLsound4645 View Post

As bad as this film is it ended up going to the Odeon I'm starting to wonder if it is seating politics or some kind of poor film conspiracy that poor films should go to the rubbish Odeon Leicester Square because I wonder if Batman was rubbish and even when that should have gone to the VUE in one of two THX screens Indy didn't get the change to with it out at the Empire in 56KW THX which has to be the most powerful THX screen in the world.

Punctuate much?
post #17 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM

This film had to deal with the problem that most good genre movies deal with...the first one of the franchise is the best, and the sequels almost never recapture what the first one did.

Raiders is the best because it was the first time out for the characters and it really does everything that can be done. Temple of Doom was a big disappointment at the time but isn't so bad now, compared to most current movies. They saved Last Crusade by shifting the focus to Indy's dad and concentrating on the characters again.

Compare Crystal Skull to the following...

Ghostbusters 2
Back to the Future 2
Return of the Jedi (Ewoks, anyone? Bleaahh.)
Tim Burton Batman movies after the first one
Spiderman 3
The Mummy Returns
Many Star Trek movies (a special case, but still...)

I think Crystal Skull is better than any of the above. I'm also in the group that doesn't think the aliens are that bad, except by being predictable (1950's sci-fi movie with a giant flying saucer? Not a surprise.)

Oh, and just to throw fuel on the fire, The Dark Knight was only OK and not as good as Batman Returns. Heath Ledger stole the show and the rest was boring. And Batman's voice! Yeesh! "I'm Batman. Excuse me, I have a throat infection."
post #18 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Martin View Post

I'm surprised it's not a 6.1 track. EX was a big deal to Lucas.

OTOH, we got lossless at least

I just hope this thread doesn't deteriorate over the film. I know it has it's fans and the people who didn't care for it.

Nearly all good films with split surrounds today will give a good centre back surround, I guess you didn’t get the memo around 1998, because I’ve been using centre back surround with one of my first dts decoders and Goldeneye performed with trilling results especially with the tank chase scene wow had me ducking like nobodies business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surap View Post

Cool. This must be the first commentary track that Spielberg have done?

I smell a conspiracy with the audio commentary and if doesn’t give us a 10 minute rambling about Skywalker sound I’ll eat the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere View Post

Punctuate much?

What didn’t I put enough of these ,,,,,,,, in it how about this ...---… --..- --.- or maybe this ,,,, ,,, , ,, ,,, LOL I don’t give hoot what you, think,,,,….,,,… LOL.
post #19 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Great comments, Shasta! I agree 100%. I've also noticed that, though it's not an absolute, that us viewers who were around and became fans during the original theatrical releases of the films, tend to accept the new film as a real "Indy" film than some of those who've grown up with them on video.
Just an observation--- no conflict intended!

I can't wait to pick up the Blu-Ray disc and hope that both Spielberg and Lucas will get off it and bring us more.
From Spielberg I'll take a new "Empire of the Sun" to start--- hey, Steve!! It's 21 years since it came out!! Christian Bale is (finally!!) a major star! Bring it on!
post #20 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:

I did enjoyed most of the movie when I saw it in the theaters...The part that kill it to me was the space saucer scene... But other than that I did like the movie and can't wait to receive my copy...

This thread should probably have a spoiler alert tagged to it...

post #21 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post

Great comments, Shasta! I agree 100%. I've also noticed that, though it's not an absolute, that us viewers who were around and became fans during the original theatrical releases of the films, tend to accept the new film as a real "Indy" film than some of those who've grown up with them on video.

I can't wait to pick up the Blu-Ray disc and hope that both Spielberg and Lucas will get off it and bring us more.
From Spielberg I'll take a new "Empire of the Sun" to start--- hey, Steve!! It's 21 years since it came out!! Christian Bale is (finally!!) a major star! Bring it on!

I agree because I'm old enough to have seen the originals in the theatre but this was the weakest film in the series. I think Lucas is off his rocker these days. He wanted to call the film Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars!
post #22 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post

I saw the original four times at the cinema and about a hundred times since....Its my fav film of all time....Loved the sequel and the way they went dark with it....Disappointed with Last Crusade when it first came out but feel it was a fitting end to the series.

This last one was just thrown together....No rhymn and all blues i'm afraid.
post #23 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM

I’ve seen how this new one opens and thou the video image and sound the sound on the dodgy videos is so muffled and low in level, but what is the deal with rock n’ roll music and the American Graffiti look, what no John William score and from I heard it sounds like the score was patched together at Frankenstein Sound.
post #24 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

For some reason I think the older Indy films may score a higher video rating if they came out on Blu-ray. I popped in the DVD the other day and the upconvert was great. I really hope they come out with the box set someday. It would be a huge sale for Christmas. Is this just Paramounts decision or is Lucas/Spielberg being stingy again?
post #25 of 132 Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

This thread should probably have a spoiler alert tagged to it...

Anyone who hasn't heard about the two unbelievable, severely exaggerated plot points of this movie yet has been living under a rock. Just saying.
post #26 of 132 Old 10-02-2008, 01:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Thankyou Ralph.

Frank

post #27 of 132 Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

The part that kill it to me was the space saucer scene...

Thanks for that, I guess I don't need to see this film now.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #28 of 132 Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowermaster View Post

Anyone who hasn't heard about the two unbelievable, severely exaggerated plot points of this movie yet has been living under a rock. Just saying.

I hadn't, thanks again. I will not be reading any more of these review threads if I haven't seen the film.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #29 of 132 Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it a fact for everyone. Anyone that's seen your posts on this film gets that you didn't like it, the question is, why's it so important to you to try and get others that did like it to agree with you? You have the choice of never watching it again, so why not make that choice.
post #30 of 132 Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowermaster View Post

nyone wAho hasn't heard about the two unbelievable, severely exaggerated plot points of this movie yet has been living under a rock. Just saying.

It's comments like this that make me wonder if thoses with big issues with the film even saw the first three. I mean where exactly does Crystal Skull cross the line to "unbelievable" where the others do not? Is jumping out of a plane with a rubber raft believable? or maybe a 700 year old Knight hanging out in a cave is believable, or how about Super Natural forces melting the faces off anyone that looks at them? If there is one thing these films are about, it's "unbelievable" plot points and stunts, that's the whole point, and that's where the series came from.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page