Bolt (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 156 Old 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just finished Bolt.....it looked great, but I think WallE and Kung Fu Panda were a step above it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bolt is a cute movie...but not exactly a good demo movie. Sharp story, good graphics, but audio was exactly on point. The LFE seemed to present itself for no apparent reason. Unnecessary bass just for the sake of...well...bass? Hard to put my finger on it, but it did not wow me on the audio side. On the "is it a good movie" side of things...definitely recommend watching at least once if you are an animal person. What a cute lil pup.

Marantz SR6003 / SR5007, Polk Rti A7 speakers, SVS PB-13-Ultra subwoofer, Sharp 60-inch LC-60LE745U LED TV, Joe
post #153 of 156 Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I sure I'm in the minority here but I wasn't very impressed with Bolt. The PQ/AQ was certainly good enough but it suffered from the same old tired format of most animated films.

I guess I'm becoming bored with the glut of these animated eye/ear candy films that seem to be made to show off our BD players and of course, entertain our young ones.

Of all the animated films I've seen recently, I've enjoyed Kung Fu Panda and Horton Hears a Who the most.

Mike T

My BDP-05FD, still going strong and still my favorite player!

post #154 of 156 Old 05-31-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

I sure I'm in the minority here but I wasn't very impressed with Bolt. The PQ/AQ was certainly good enough but it suffered from the same old tired format of most animated films.

I guess I'm becoming bored with the glut of these animated eye/ear candy films that seem to be made to show off our BD players and of course, entertain our young ones.

Of all the animated films I've seen recently, I've enjoyed Kung Fu Panda and Horton Hears a Who the most.

Mike T

Horton was great. I second that. Definitely a keeper!

Marantz SR6003 / SR5007, Polk Rti A7 speakers, SVS PB-13-Ultra subwoofer, Sharp 60-inch LC-60LE745U LED TV, Joe
post #155 of 156 Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysoleverywhere View Post

Bolt is a cute movie...but not exactly a good demo movie. Sharp story, good graphics, but audio was exactly on point. The LFE seemed to present itself for no apparent reason. Unnecessary bass just for the sake of...well...bass? Hard to put my finger on it, but it did not wow me on the audio side. On the "is it a good movie" side of things...definitely recommend watching at least once if you are an animal person. What a cute lil pup.

Agreed on the audio... mixed too hot IMO. PQ was top notch though.

post #156 of 156 Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee View Post

Mike T

i understand how ya feel buddy. horton hears a who was a delight to watch
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Bolt Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page