This movie is overrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i got mine to play today after a firmware update. i bought it at walmart today.

to me i liked about as much as pulp fiction. resorvior dogs is great also. dont really care for jackie and kill bills.. still gotta see deathproof.

pq was great but ive seen better.some shots look really great though.

aq- ha i was also amazed during the beginning soundtrack.. i thought my blu-ray player malfuntioned after the update..

now release pulp fiction on blu damnit.

Blu-Rays: 60
post #93 of 96 Old 03-07-2010, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Ralph, you GOTTA see True Romance, man!! That film is a classic!

As for IB, I had huge expectations for this film when I saw it in the theater, and it surpassed every single one of them. From the very opening scene, holy WOW was this a good flick! That German interrogation officer guy better get an Oscar nod for best supporting actor, cause that was one of the most intimidating and amazing performances I've ever seen on film.

I'm definitely going to buy this one...was probably my favorite film of the year, and my second fave QT flick of all time behind Pulp.

Great review, Ralph!!

I agree. great movie and the Jew Hunter should get an Oscar. He was amazing!
post #94 of 96 Old 03-07-2010, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I've been so frustrated with so many movies lately, it was good to finally come across one I liked so much. I know Tarantino isn't for everyone, but I like his stuff. This is my new favorite, and with Kill Bill and Reservoir Dogs, that's saying something, for my tastes, anyway.

Also glad the BD quality is super. It seems like forever that I've bought a BD, and not because of the PQ/AQ, but because of the actual movie itself. (That still counts in my book. ) I snapped this one up and have watched it four times already. Maybe with some of the Oscar contenders coming to netflix in the next few weeks the outlook may get brighter. Here's to hoping.

Great flick! Great BD!

Still looking for a movie theatre that shows movies the way they're SUPPOSED to be viewed...

...with a bitrate meter and screencaps.
post #95 of 96 Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Great review, Ralph. My wife and I watched this last nite (Blockbuster rental) and I was glad to have read through these reviews beforehand, though neither of us was quite ready for the somewhat gruesome scenes. Nonetheless, we both found the film entertaining and enjoyed it immensely.

Played perfectly on my Sony N460 which we've only had for a few weeks. At first I was concerned about the sound quality at the beginning of the film, thinking there was something wrong with my player or receiver, but then read through more replies and realized it was intended. Picture quality was awesome, one of the better BD titles we've seen. Sometimes I'm not sure whether to enjoy the film or marvel at the qualities of Blu-Ray.

Keep writing the great reviews, my household greatly appreciates the time and effort you expend. The reviews also keep me busy reordering titles in my BB queue.
post #96 of 96 Old 03-19-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchman77 View Post

Great review, Ralph. My wife and I watched this last nite (Blockbuster rental) and I was glad to have read through these reviews beforehand, though neither of us was quite ready for the somewhat gruesome scenes. Nonetheless, we both found the film entertaining and enjoyed it immensely.

Played perfectly on my Sony N460 which we've only had for a few weeks. At first I was concerned about the sound quality at the beginning of the film, thinking there was something wrong with my player or receiver, but then read through more replies and realized it was intended. Picture quality was awesome, one of the better BD titles we've seen. Sometimes I'm not sure whether to enjoy the film or marvel at the qualities of Blu-Ray.

Keep writing the great reviews, my household greatly appreciates the time and effort you expend. The reviews also keep me busy reordering titles in my BB queue.

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing and you're more than welcome.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Inglourious Basterds Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Inglourious by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page