Feature running time: 119 minutes
Genre: Horror

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC (MPEG-4)
Video Aspect: 1.85:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD MA 5.1, English Stereo
Subtitles: English SDH, English
Starring: Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane, Malcolm McDowell, Sheri Moon Zombie, Brad Dourif
Directed by: Rob Zombie
Music by: Tyler Bates
Written by: Rob Zombie
Region Code: Free

Blu-ray Disc release Date: January 12, 2010

"Family Is Forever"

Film Synopsis:

It’s that time of year again, and Michael Myers has returned home to sleepy Haddonfield, Illinois to take care of some unfinished family business. Unleashing a trail of terror that only horror master Rob Zombie can, Myers will stop at nothing to bring closure to the secrets of his twisted past. But the town’s got an unlikely new hero, if they can only stay alive long enough to stop the unstoppable.

My Take:

When it comes to the remake, we all know how this story ends -- it never lives up to original (well, except Battlestar Galactica). I was disappointed in Rob Zombie’s Halloween remake, so once my head was filled with reviews from other critics, I skipped seeing Halloween 2 theatrically.

So I pressed play, knowing full well it was supposed to be worse than the first.

20 minutes into this and we have an altered remake of 1981’s Halloween 2 with Laurie in the hospital and Michael chasing her. There was some good built up tension and I thought we might be on to something halfway decent--then Rob Zombie proved he was a magician! He had tricked me into thinking I was going to enjoy Halloween 2 and he learned a lesson from the first film… He didn’t. Well in case he is reading, what he should have learned is: The Boogyman is actually scary because of what you don’t know. Why would you create a terrible back-story and fill him with typical mommy/daddy issues as the reason to kill? What’s next…? I know! Do a Jaws remake! You can show baby jaws getting hit by a surfboard then maybe a fisherman throws in some rotten chum…that will do it! -we don’t need the “…lifeless eyes. Black eyes,” we need to give a reason! Also the audience will connect and sympathize better with your characters when they are not moronic white-trash. I know it’s your shtick to make off-the-wall hillbilly characters (like all your movies to date) but it doesn’t help build any bond with the audience. That bond is usually important when we need to fear for them. Oh, one last thing: Sheri Moon really can’t act (she doesn't really need to)and you are forbidden to use a white horse as a plot device ever again! OK rant over, back on point.

If Zombie stuck more with the tried and true game plan that was given to him from the great John Carpenter, he could have done a decent job as technically he has skills and this was a very good production. The blood and makeup effects were top notch and it was well filmed and edited. I did like the atmosphere and how brutal the killings were, but without any tension this story was snow-balling into silliness scene by scene. An easy way to sum up how off course this movie veers is when we see Michael Myers face with his mask off: He looks like Grizzly Adams, big beard and all. I know, he doesn’t know how to shave, it’s the last thing on his mind and he isn’t trying to pick up any woman, but still, c’mon!...it just wasn't scary. And poor Dr. Loomis, what did you do to Dr. Loomis!?!? Donald Pleasence’s Loomis was so great because he was a bit spooky and quirky, not to mention he was the man! The new Loomis just cared about selling a book on the subject and being a jerk. The casting of Malcolm McDowell as Loomis was perfect in theory but the direction the character went was abysmal. I guess the easiest way to sum this up is with the old (tried and true) -“You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

Parental Guide:

Unrated with strong brutal bloody violence throughout, terror, disturbing graphic images, language, and some crude sexual content and nudity.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

Audio: 90

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373694

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373698

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373697

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373697

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373697

Video: 72

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109944&d=1210373697

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109945&d=1210373699

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373698

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373698

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109945d=1210373696

Halloween 2 comes to Bluray Disc from Sony featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 29 mbps and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound that has an average bitrate of 3.5 mbps

Combine a very darkly filmed movie with a slight lack of shadow detail, add a whole lot of film grain while not being the sharpest knife...I mean, transfer I have seen from Sony, and you have an idea of what we are dealing with here. On a positive note, the colors and flesh-tones are all spot on. When we get to a daytime scene such as the Loomis book signing, Halloween 2 looks much sharper and detailed. Too bad it is mostly swallowed up in the unresolved darkness. Where this release stood out was in the audio department. Awesome Surround effects with sirens coming in and out of the sound-stage while always keeping an eerie atmosphere. The low end had great punch; the 'thud' of Micheal Myers knife into a chest made me feel it! Dialogue was crisp and nicely placed into the mix but it was the dynamics that made this track! From quiet to aggressive and chaotic in the blink of an eye, Halloween has a standout DTS-HD Master Audio track that is not for the weak.

Bonus Features:

• Audio Commentary with Director/Writer Rob Zombie

• (HD) Deleted and Alternate Scenes

• (HD) Audition Footage

• (HD) Blooper Reel

• (HD) Make-up Test Footage

• (HD) Uncle Seymour Coffins' Stand-Up Routines

• (HD) Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures Music Videos

• BD Live

• Movie IQ

attachment.php?attachmentid=162809&d=1262771017

Final Thoughts:

If you liked Rob Zombie's first Halloween remake you might like this. If you like the unfortunate trend of all these horror remakes, you will probably accept this. I didn't. I am a big horror buff, have been since the mid-eighties and am longing for an original idea, not a butchered remake. If you are going to remake or reinvent(whatever), then do it as good or better. If you need to add to or rewrite a classic then just use that creativity to create a new story/character. If you were fan of this theatrically, it does have close to 30 minutes of deleted footage and a really good commentary track with Director/Writer Rob Zombie. The movie was more interesting with him talking about it; too bad that didn't translate on the screen! A top notch audio track aside, I can easy recommend a skip on this one- UNLESS you are really really curious-- then a rental at best.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157497&d=1257542613

Lee Weber
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

Anthem LTX 500 1080p High Definition Front Projector
Prismasonic HE1500R Anamorphic Lens
Custom 1.3 Gain 128" 2.37:1 CinemaScope Screen
Pioneer SC07 Receiver
Pioneer BDP-320 Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Triangle Zerius Speakers (7.1)
SVS PC13-Ultra Subwoofer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Lee, no disrespect, but the first paragraph of two about the film was dedicated to bashing the film's director. If you didn't like the film, that's fine, but this came off like something I'd read on rotten tomatoes.

Haven't seen the film yet myself, so I can't say whether it's good or not. (Though I liked the first one)

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #3 of 40 Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I have to agree with Lee on his analysis on how Rob handled these 2 movies. I thought he butchered the 1st 1 and took a classic and went the wrong way with it. He tried to make it his own more or less and seems as though he did the same with the 2nd. As a result I'm sure I won't like this new 1 either.

It's understandable to try and reinvent a classic but I think he failed on the 1st 1 at least. I hate to say that though because I do like some of the other stuff he has done.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #4 of 40 Old 01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Wasn't this film captured on 16mm film? Perhaps that is a huge reason why the video quality was not the greatest.
post #5 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 01:14 AM

Liked: 10
The whole thing with Micheal Myers being a mystery, like is he a zombie? Is he un-dead or supernatural somehow like Jason or is he mortal? In the old films, we never quite knew. He wasn't ungodly huge like Tyler Mane, but he often had superhuman strength. The whole mystery that surrounded him is gone with these remakes. We know exactly where he came from, that he can be killed, and his motivations. This has ruined it for me at least.
post #6 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Wasn't this film captured on 16mm film? Perhaps that is a huge reason why the video quality was not the greatest.

Yes it was and I should have looked in to that before. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

Lee, no disrespect, but the first paragraph of two about the film was dedicated to bashing the film's director. If you didn't like the film, that's fine, but this came off like something I'd read on rotten tomatoes.

No disrespect taken. I have read some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes
I did bash Zombie on this movie (after all he did write and direct it). Like I said in 'My Take', he has talent as a film-maker he just didn't do the right thing with his re-writing of a classic. I thought the Devils Rejects was super cool.
post #7 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Haven't seen this one but based on Lee's write up and seeing the trailer this one got me curious so i'll take it out for a rental.

Cheers
post #8 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM

I'm just glad there is another reviewer on here...
post #9 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM

This is not bad a movie since I am a horror movie fan, so I will be definitely supporting this kind of movies

It is really a 50G blueray disc, China always sells 25G compressed version, the high quality audio may be got rid of
post #10 of 40 Old 01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Weber View Post

No disrespect taken. I have read some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes
I did bash Zombie on this movie (after all he did write and direct it). Like I said in 'My Take', he has talent as a film-maker he just didn't do the right thing with his re-writing of a classic. I thought the Devils Rejects was super cool.

That's cool, no harm, no foul. At least it's Zombie doing his own version, and not Carpenter remaking it (ala Gredo shoots first).

post #11 of 40 Old 01-12-2010, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Well, I know nobody really cares but count me in the Zombie bashers 'cause I sure as hell will not see a Rob Zombie movie ever again. All his characters are always white trash and every single word that comes out of their mouth is an insult, a cuss word or things of that nature.

I've been in quite different environments in my life, including south central L.A. and the deep ends of redneck counties, and let me tell you, I've never met only people that talk like this constantly like in all the Rob Zombie movies.

The people he depicts are trash and his movies are pure trash with not one single redeeming feature. A white horse ? Please. Next thing you know he will use a white penis talking trash as the "light" his character sees.

LIVE every wednesday 12pm-2pm PST on http://www.discovertrance.com
post #12 of 40 Old 01-12-2010, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Me my wife and our 2 boys LOVE horror movies. We watch them all the time. Its as much a part of our lives as breathing.

We all liked the 1st remake "ok"..it was terrific, but it was acceptable and worth the price of admission.

THEN knowing the 2nd remake was coming out we were really excited. We went the day it came out.."me and the wife" that is..We watch first to make sure its not filled with too much nudity and too many curse words.

We left the movie shaking our heads and wishing we hadnt even seen it. If it was named "big killer slasher slashes everyone" that would be great. Then it would have been an ok movie.

BUT its a flippin HALLOWEEN movie for GOD sake!!!..IT had nothing to do with the Halloween movies we grew to love. It was nothing but stab,kill, stab, blood, kill, blahblahblah...

HORRIBLE movie is horrible end of story.
post #13 of 40 Old 01-12-2010, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I watched this and was very disappointed. The first Rob Zombie Halloween movie was really good. It had a great story to it. This second movie (this movie) was awful. Its almost like they took a bunch of deleted scenes from the first movie and pasted them all together so you can have a second Halloween movie. The plot was so dull and very uninteresting and unoriginal. Rob Zombie is better than this.
post #14 of 40 Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

How any one could disagree with this review is beyond me.. spot on and absolutely right!

White trash characters that make me wish I was no longer part of the human race.. the white horse, seriously wth was he trying to accomplish? All the back story to the Michael Myers character that is neither interesting nor needed

If a mindless (completely mindless) slasher flick is what you want, then fine and dandy.. but the Halloween franchise has hit yet another new low, who thought it was possible?
post #15 of 40 Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post

How any one could disagree with this review is beyond me.. spot on and absolutely right!

White trash characters that make me wish I was no longer part of the human race.. the white horse, seriously wth was he trying to accomplish? All the back story to the Michael Myers character that is neither interesting nor needed

If a mindless (completely mindless) slasher flick is what you want, then fine and dandy.. but the Halloween franchise has hit yet another new low, who thought it was possible?

New low? Yeah, the return of Michael Myers, the Revenge of Michael Myers, the Curse of Michael Myers Resurrection of Michael Myers H20 (at a skimpy 78 minutes) are all far worse than either of Zombie's movies. Put another one of the Akkad clan at the helm of the next one and we'll see the Vengence of Michael Myers
post #16 of 40 Old 01-13-2010, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrance View Post

Well, I know nobody really cares but count me in the Zombie bashers 'cause I sure as hell will not see a Rob Zombie movie ever again. All his characters are always white trash and every single word that comes out of their mouth is an insult, a cuss word or things of that nature.

I've been in quite different environments in my life, including south central L.A. and the deep ends of redneck counties, and let me tell you, I've never met only people that talk like this constantly like in all the Rob Zombie movies.

The people he depicts are trash and his movies are pure trash with not one single redeeming feature. A white horse ? Please. Next thing you know he will use a white penis talking trash as the "light" his character sees.

While you may have never met anyone whom talks that way, I have, plenty of times.

Btw, Zombie's characters are stereotypical "white trash", with a flavor of southern thrown in.

And I don't have a doubt in my mind that you never met anyone like that in South Central LA, of course you didn't, that's a totally different area.

Stereotypes withstanding, I've watched about 1/4 of the film so far, and am not liking what I've seen so far. I plan on finishing it this weekend before judging it any further.

[Sorry, still laughing at comparing South Central LA to southern white trash...Priceless]

post #17 of 40 Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

While you may have never met anyone whom talks that way, I have, plenty of times.

Btw, Zombie's characters are stereotypical "white trash", with a flavor of southern thrown in.

And I don't have a doubt in my mind that you never met anyone like that in South Central LA, of course you didn't, that's a totally different area.

Stereotypes withstanding, I've watched about 1/4 of the film so far, and am not liking what I've seen so far. I plan on finishing it this weekend before judging it any further.

[Sorry, still laughing at comparing South Central LA to southern white trash...Priceless]

Well I live in Tn and have neighboring counties that still run blacks out of their town and have been known to hang them along with other horrible things.

I have never in my life heard anything like Zombies characters ever. ALL of his movies have the same people, the same diologue, and outcome. I was "ok" with is 1st Halloween remake,outside of the over the top language... but found this last try a dumbed down ignorant repulsive disgusting trash of the Halloween brand.
post #18 of 40 Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson View Post

Well I live in Tn and have neighboring counties that still run blacks out of their town and have been known to hang them along with other horrible things.

I have never in my life heard anything like Zombies characters ever. ALL of his movies have the same people, the same diologue, and outcome. I was "ok" with is 1st Halloween remake,outside of the over the top language... but found this last try a dumbed down ignorant repulsive disgusting trash of the Halloween brand.

I agree that Zombie's characters are always the same, which is not a good thing at all. And I lived in TN for 10 years, met a ton of people that talked like that. Go visit Hopkinsville, KY, you'll met a ton of 'em there.

post #19 of 40 Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

OMG.. This came on netflix the other day and I thought it was horrible! I loved the original Halloween films and this one just sucked IMO..

My First Home Theater

300 Blu-Rays, 150 DVD's loaded in my Movie Server!

Thanks AVS for making me addicted to this hobby!
post #20 of 40 Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just watched this and it sucked! Bad picture quality and horrible movie in general.

post #21 of 40 Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 PM

Ready for a little heresy? I did not see the theatrical version, but I liked this one better than the first. It is more in keeping with Zombie's HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES and REJECTS...and more of what I was expecting from his first HALLOWEEN (which I thought was just alright, and started out okay...but then it became constrained by trying to stay somewhat close to the original. That made it a bit predictable and, towards the end, tedious). Even the violence was toned down compared to what I expected based on his first two films. (Yes, I know there was no blood or gore in Carpenter's film, and maybe that's why.) But HALLOWEEN II feels much more like a Zombie film.

I also liked that he addressed what might happen to a survivor at the end of most horror flicks. Usually the survivor (or two) is led away draped in a blanket, or might even utter a quip. But in "real life", if someone battled some monster or demon and lived, who do you think would get the blame for all the corpses lying around. Not Satan! And what would it do to the survivor's psyche? This film at least tries to show what the repercussion is for Laurie, mentally and physically.

Some other nice surprises...seeing Margot Kidder appear (had no idea she was in it) and Howard Hessemen. Brad Dourif's flashback of Danielle Harris as child (probably taken from her own personal home movies) is a nice reminder of the girl from HALLOWEEN 4 & 5. McDowall greeting Al Yankovic with "Hello Mr. Weird." And someone finally taking note of the Michael/Mike Myers name similarity.

As for the look of the film, Zombie (and his films) always professed a love for the gritty feel of 70s films like TEXAS CHAINSAW, LAST HOUSE, etc. So he took it further and used 16mm to replicate that feel. In fact, Myers is more akin to Leatherface here than he is to "The Shape.".

I know that those who liked the first didn't like this sequel. But it belongs more in the Zombie ouevre than the remake did. If, like me, you expected more from the HALLOWEEN remake and felt it was too toned down compared to his first two films, you'll like this one somewhat. If you liked his take on the first film, then I can easily say that this one will not be up your alley. Not trying to say it's a great movie or anything. There were certainly things I didn't like about it. But Zombie's films aren't really for a mass audience...they are brutal, violent, politically-incorrect, sleazy and grimy. Those who don't mind such fare will like the movie better than others. I can say one thing for certain...it's a helluva lot better than junk like THE FINAL DESTINATION. (As an aside, I'd bet it was an incredibly gruelling shoot for Scout Taylor-Compton!)
post #22 of 40 Old 01-17-2010, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

Ready for a little heresy? I did not see the theatrical version, but I liked this one better than the first. It is more in keeping with Zombie's HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES and REJECTS...and more of what I was expecting from his first HALLOWEEN (which I thought was just alright, and started out okay...but then it became constrained by trying to stay somewhat close to the original. That made it a bit predictable and, towards the end, tedious). Even the violence was toned down compared to what I expected based on his first two films. (Yes, I know there was no blood or gore in Carpenter's film, and maybe that's why.) But HALLOWEEN II feels much more like a Zombie film.

I also liked that he addressed what might happen to a survivor at the end of most horror flicks. Usually the survivor (or two) is led away draped in a blanket, or might even utter a quip. But in "real life", if someone battled some monster or demon and lived, who do you think would get the blame for all the corpses lying around. Not Satan! And what would it do to the survivor's psyche? This film at least tries to show what the repercussion is for Laurie, mentally and physically.

Some other nice surprises...seeing Margot Kidder appear (had no idea she was in it) and Howard Hessemen. Brad Dourif's flashback of Danielle Harris as child (probably taken from her own personal home movies) is a nice reminder of the girl from HALLOWEEN 4 & 5. McDowall greeting Al Yankovic with "Hello Mr. Weird." And someone finally taking note of the Michael/Mike Myers name similarity.

As for the look of the film, Zombie (and his films) always professed a love for the gritty feel of 70s films like TEXAS CHAINSAW, LAST HOUSE, etc. So he took it further and used 16mm to replicate that feel. In fact, Myers is more akin to Leatherface here than he is to "The Shape.".

I know that those who liked the first didn't like this sequel. But it belongs more in the Zombie ouevre than the remake did. If, like me, you expected more from the HALLOWEEN remake and felt it was too toned down compared to his first two films, you'll like this one somewhat. If you liked his take on the first film, then I can easily say that this one will not be up your alley. Not trying to say it's a great movie or anything. There were certainly things I didn't like about it. But Zombie's films aren't really for a mass audience...they are brutal, violent, politically-incorrect, sleazy and grimy. Those who don't mind such fare will like the movie better than others. I can say one thing for certain...it's a helluva lot better than junk like THE FINAL DESTINATION. (As an aside, I'd bet it was an incredibly gruelling shoot for Scout Taylor-Compton!)

I would rather have an ingrown toenail cut out without my toe being numb first 10x over seeing this film again. A complete lack of respect for the original. I know Zombie makes these types of movies, but when you try and tell a story that have been around and is so popular like the Halloween movies you dont butcher it up like that.
post #23 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson View Post

II know Zombie makes these types of movies, but when you try and tell a story that have been around and is so popular like the Halloween movies you dont butcher it up like that.

Yes, but he did try to tell that story with the first film. The second is NOT a remake of the Rick Rosenthal HALLOWEEN II. And even if one doesn't like it, I felt there was a little more depth to Zombie's H-2 than there was in Rosenthals. As for butchering the original concept into the ground, the 6 or 7 sequels to the original movie already took care of that quite nicely. So I wasn't averse to a new/different direction.
post #24 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Damn, I really liked the first Halloween Zombie did but this was terrible! I ejected it after 40 minutes which is rare for me, especially with horror movies. So Michael grunts now when he kills people and sweet Laurie is some white trash scallywag with Loomis being even more of an ego maniac than he was in the first one? This was trash and the only thing I regret is wasting 40 minutes to figure that out.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #25 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Damn, I really liked the first Halloween Zombie did but this was terrible! I ejected it after 40 minutes which is rare for me, especially with horror movies. So Michael grunts now when he kills people and sweet Laurie is some white trash scallywag with Loomis being even more of an ego maniac than he was in the first one? This was trash and the only thing I regret is wasting 40 minutes to figure that out.

Far better than terrible as a movie, the blu-ray on the other hand compared to the first is border-line terrible. I think Scout did a phenomenal job in both movies. I'm not going to compare her to the performance that Jamie did. (afterall she is the original scream queen) but I think this movie had a lot of heart mixed in with an incredible amount of violence and spot on make-up. I think it was a hell of alot more intense and scary compared to the first Zombie effort. When Sheriff Brackett found Annie in the bathroom, and had the flashback, I found it to be the most sad, and touching moment I have seen in a horror movie in a long time.
I'm really surprised this movie scared you so bad that you had to scurry out from under the bed and shut it off after only forty minutes and then buried it in the backyard.........
post #26 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKGOD4PLASMA View Post

When Sheriff Brackett found Annie in the bathroom, and had the flashback, I found it to be the most sad, and touching moment I have seen in a horror movie in a long time.

Agreed. He still sees her as his little girl. Dourif's character is the one I feel the most sorry for. He was unable to help anyone and has to live with that for the rest of his life.
post #27 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:

I'm really surprised this movie scared you so bad that you had to scurry out from under the bed and shut it off after only forty minutes and then buried it in the backyard.........

Ha, whatever man... take a look at my posts in the 31 horror movies in 31 days thread and you will see I don't scare easy and am quite a junkie for all genre's of horror. You can like this movie all you want but that wont change my mind or invalidate my opinion of it.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #28 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Ha, whatever man... take a look at my posts in the 31 horror movies in 31 days thread and you will see I don't scare easy and am quite a junkie for all genre's of horror. You can like this movie all you want but that wont change my mind or invalidate my opinion of it.

Nice set-up General. Stick the movie back in and get scared all over again. You can even leave the lights on, I won't tell.
post #29 of 40 Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM

I watched H2 again to see if my initial impression of the film was wrong. And well, it wasn't. Original, helluva lot more intense and scarier than the first Zombie film, better make-up.
I think Lee Weber gave a very biased review here, not sure if Ralph's would have been better, but have read far better elsewhere. I really enjoy Ralph's reviews, I think they are far more insightful and fact-based. I'm really glad he does 90% of the BD reviews
post #30 of 40 Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

I watched H2 again to see if my initial impression of the film was wrong. And well, it wasn't. Original, helluva lot more intense and scarier than the first Zombie film, better make-up.
I think Lee Weber gave a very biased review here, not sure if Ralph's would have been better, but have read far better elsewhere. I really enjoy Ralph's reviews, I think they are far more insightful and fact-based. I'm really glad he does 90% of the BD reviews

I just re read his review and he even admits he was biased

Quote:
I was disappointed in Rob Zombie's Halloween remake, so once my head was filled with reviews from other critics, I skipped seeing Halloween 2 theatrically.

So I pressed play, knowing full well it was supposed to be worse than the first.

But his review is spot on - the movie sucked. I'm a horror junkie and I'll never watch this again.

Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Halloween Ii , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page