Studio and Year: Disney - 1991
MPAA Rating: G
Feature running time: 85/92 minutes
Genre: Animation/Family

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC (MPEG-4)
Video Aspect: 1.78:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio, French/Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH/ESL, French, Spanish
Starring: Voices of: Robby Benson, Paige O’Hara, Angela Lansbury, David Ogden-Stiers, Jerry Orbach, Richard White
Directed by: Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise
Music by: Alan Menken & Howard Ashman
Written by: Linda Woolverton, Roger Allers
Region Code: 1

Blu-ray Disc release Date: October 5, 2010

"A beloved Disney Classic"

Film Synopsis:

Set in and around a quaint French village during the late 18th century, Beauty and the Beast follows the fantastic adventures of Belle, a bright and beautiful young woman who finds escape from her ordinary life, and the advances of a boorish suitor, Gaston, by reading books. Meanwhile, off in a castle in the distance, a cruel young prince is cast under the spell of an enchantress who turns him into a tormented beast, while transforming his servants into animated household objects. In order to remove the curse, the Beast must discover a true love who will return his affection before the last petal falls from an enchanted rose. When Belle’s inventor father stumbles upon the Beast’s castle and is taken prisoner, Belle comes to the rescue and agrees to take her father’s place. With the help of the castle’s enchanted staff, she sees beneath the Beast’s exterior and discovers the heart and soul of a human prince.

My Take:

I love this film. I haven’t seen it in a long time but watching it again brought back wonderful memories of watching it countless times with my kids when they were little. Beauty and the Beast is an enamoring film with incredibly endearing characters and one of the most memorable music scores in film history. It received two Academy Awards for music in 1992, three Golden Globes for Best Motion Picture, Best Original Score and Best Original Song in 1992, and two Grammy Awards in 1993. It is listed as number seven on the American Film Institute’s Top 100 Animated Films, and helped define Disney animation for a new generation as the second film in the “Disney Animation Renaissance” (1989-1999) which launched with The Little Mermaid and revitalized animated features by captivating mature audiences while still delighting young viewers. Walt Disney was truly a pioneer whose vision has brought us some of the most beloved characters (both animated and living) in American cinema. Beauty and the Beast has become a part of our entertainment culture and has been replicated in various forms that are recognizable all over the world. This is a classic that easily stands the test of time and like many of Disney’s animated films has touched and will continue to touch generations of viewers. My daughter was quite a fan and loved singing along to the musical numbers. I am sure that my children, like me, will share the experience of Beauty and the Beast with their children when the time comes. What an immeasurable legacy for Disney, which is a class act with an impeccable track record for wonderful family oriented films.

This Diamond Edition home video release of Beauty and the Beast is another example of their long standing dedication to offering quality home video releases. They, like several studios, have shown a fervent commitment to the Blu-ray format. Disney high definition Blu-ray discs have consistently been technically impressive as well as providing worthwhile bonus supplements. I appreciate the attention to detail and implemented features such as their enhanced menu navigation, BD-Live features/interactivity, Movie Rewards, Fast play, the inclusion of a DVD version of the film in the multi-disc Blu-ray release packages, and in this case their Beyond Beauty: The untold stories behind making Beauty and the Beast feature which is innovative and just plain cool. Let’s not forget their willingness to digitally restore their films and bring them to life in a way that doesn’t negate the original elements. I can’t think of a better way to experience them all over again or perhaps for the first time.

My review copy is the three disc Diamond Edition which comes in the standard DVD style amaray case and includes a Blu-ray guide insert, Disney Movie Rewards code, and the two Blu-ray discs and DVD. Blu-ray Disc has come a long way in the last year or so. We are beginning to see what the format is capable of and from what I can see Disney is looking toward the future by providing high quality releases that will hopefully solidify the place of this great medium. I am thrilled that this masterpiece has finally arrived in high definition. I can assure you that the wait was well worth it.

Parental Guide:

This film is appropriate for all ages.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

Audio: 88

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

Video: 100

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

Beauty and the Beast comes to Blu-ray Disc from Disney featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 22 Mbps and lossless DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 5.7 Mbps.

With digital animation taking center stage over the last decade or so it is refreshing to come back to Disney’s hand drawn animation. Animation can sometimes be difficult to thoroughly judge when evaluating its video quality. There are aspects shared by both high definition and standard definition in terms of the absence of defining texture and lesser dimensional perspective. Objects in backgrounds are two dimensional which isn’t a problem but images can appear to have less depth. I have noticed that with good high definition animated video this is still the case but rendering is notably improved. Such is the case here. Images have excellent visual depth with deep, rich, color fidelity and stable contrast that enhances dimension. I can fully appreciate the attention to detail that went into design of each of the animated characters. Contrast and brightness is stable and strikes a wonderful balance that highlights the multi-layered grays and delineated chromatic elements within the video. This accentuates the varying levels in the light and dark segments visible within the village, forest and interior of the Beast’s castle which bolsters dimension. Blacks have excellent depth and dynamic range while falling just shy of the ink like levels of the best discs available in high definition. This is merely an observation and doesn’t necessitate a deduction from a superlative and flawless presentation that simply looks stunning.

Disney provides a lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 channel surround mix which retains much of the feel of the original soundtrack while adding a bit of polish. This was a well balanced presentation that features high level detail in a resplendent blend of dialogue, sound effects, bass and music that maintains a frontal perspective with discretely placed effects and atmospherics that utilize the entire soundstage. The film’s award winning music sounds simply marvelous as the variety of musical numbers take center stage to create an involving surround experience. This isn’t a dynamically enhanced mix but bass response is both discerning and appropriate in support of the soundtrack’s elements. The audio is crystal clear, free of the edginess and never shows its age which says something for the care that went into the encoding.

Bonus Features:

• This is a three disc set that includes two BD-50 Blu-ray discs containing the high definition versions of the film and bonus features plus a standard definition DVD containing the three versions of the film and bonus content.

• Special Extended and Theatrical versions of the film

• Storyreel PiP Mode: An enhanced viewing of the theatrical cut in an early version as seen via storyboards, rough cut animation, and preproduction modules

• Audio commentary with Don Hahn, Gary Trousdale, and Kirk Wise

• Sing along mode

• Disney’s Fast play

• (HD) Beyond Beauty: The untold stories behind making Beauty and the Beast - This interactive documentary experience takes fans on an in depth journey not only behind the scenes of the production but into the world of Disney. Using the remote and pressing enter when prompted by the appearance of an icon onscreen allows fans to expand areas of the documentary to reveal more about each topic and peeling away layers of additional content which includes Walt’s fascination with fairy tales,Kurt Wise/Gary Trousdale short, Broadway’s adaptation of the film, deleted scenes, casting, animation/production galleries, history of animation, tribute to Howard Ashman and more…

• (HD) Composing a classic: A musical conversation with Alan Menken, Don Hahn, and Richard Kraft – 20 minutes

• (HD) Deleted scene with intro by Roger Allers

• (HD) Alternate opening with intro by Peter Schneider

• (HD) Broadway beginnings – 13 minute featurette

• (HD) Music video – “Beauty and the Beast” by Jordan Sparks

• Enchanted musical challenge – Quest/trivia game

• Bon Jour who is this? Teleplay game – Secret identity game for 2-8 players

• Classic DVD Features:

1. The story behind the story
    2. “Beauty and the Beast” music video by Peabo Bryson and Celine Dion
    3. Early presentation reel
    4. Alternate version of “Be our guest”
    5. Alternate score “The transformation”
    6. Deleted song
    7. Animation tests
    8. Camera move test
    9. Trailers and TV Spots

• Sneak peeks

• Disney BD-Live enabled

• Bonus DVD of Beauty and the Beast

Final Thoughts:

Beauty and the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney animated feature films and a personal favorite. Seeing it brings back fond memories of watching it with my children when they were little. Beauty and the Beast has been highly anticipated for release in high definition and I am happy to report that the results are spectacular. Kudos to Disney on a well rounded Blu-ray Disc offering that presents this wonderful family film looking and sounding better than ever. It is brimming with bonus features including Blu-ray disc exclusive and interactive features that present fans with a great way to enhance the high definition experience. This set is a must have and gets my highest recommendation. Enjoy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS20 1080p High Definition Front Projector (Calibrated by Jeff Meier)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Anthem AVM50v THX Ultra 2 Preamp/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-83 Universal disc/Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
LG BD-590 Blu-ray Disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video) * In for review*
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Oppo 970HD universal disc DVD Player (480i HDMI)
Philips TSU9400 Pro Series Touch Panel Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Furman SPR-20i Stable Power Regulator
Wireworld, VizionWare, Audioquest, Better Cables, Best Deal Cables - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Wow 100 I'll be shopping for this one. Thanks Ralph.
post #3 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Nice review Ralph. I've owned this on laserdisc and DVD so there was never any doubt about buying this as well.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #4 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 160
WOOOOOO, I need this in my collection for sure...Thanks the Gods..

Djoel
post #5 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I agree video quality on this one is insanely good for an animation, but Im not sure I think it looks better than "princess and the frog" which scores lower. Is the age of this one taken into consideration and have that played a part in its higher score?
post #6 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hellooooo 100!!!

Definitely a Disney classic collect!

Cheers
post #7 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Disney continues to crank out high quality catalog titles. I picked up Toy Story 1 and 2 a few months ago and was blown away. The video was top notch, but I was even more so impressed with the audio. The same could probably be said about Beauty and the Beast. I will have to pick this one up and see for myself. Have to give Disney kudos for using a 7.1 mix here. I personally only have a 5.1 setup, but this is definitely a treat for the people who have a 7.1 setup.
post #8 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballis View Post

I agree video quality on this one is insanely good for an animation, but Im not sure I think it looks better than "princess and the frog" which scores lower. Is the age of this one taken into consideration and have that played a part in its higher score?

Greetings,

I call them as I see them and didn't compare this to The Princess and the frog although both are reference quality. Quite frankly I just don't how this could look any better especially in light of its age.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #9 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Was my plan to buy this on release date and I cannot say that for some others I would like to have in October. The picture quality didn't need to be perfect!

Thanks for the review. You will see lots of me here in the next month awaiting your impressions of BDs I just gotta have. It has been quite dry for me the last few months for purchases.
post #10 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 PM

Liked: 31
This is a MUST have...my wife has been hammering me to get it...she even handed me a coupon for $10.00 off .

Couple that with my 10% off at Moviestop...Im in the 10-11 range...wooop !

I've never seen this...my wife has it on VHS ...as she collected
all Disney movies yrs ago.

Thanks for the great review King P...as usual , you never dissapoint.
post #11 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't wait to get this one next week! I will probably use it as the first movie played in the Vango!

Christian

My DVD and Blu Ray collection

JVC RS65, ST 130, B&W 803 Diamonds mains, B&W HTM2 Diamond center channel,B&W 805 Diamond surrounds, B&W DB1 subwoofer, Anthem D2v, Parasound Halo A51+A21,Oppo BDP 103,PS Audio Power Plant Premier,Darbee Darblet
post #12 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM

I am a bit confused by the Perfect review this received for PQ :/ It suffers from banding and aliasing. First check out the major banding on her cheek on the first image (click on image to zoom in) and note the jagged edges or stair step lines on the following second image down. (aliasing) (again click on image to zoom in) and in the third image down.

If the aliasing is indeed inherent in the source then I would give it a 97 as it still has some banding. also found some definite halos in a few scenes at the beginning.
post #13 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Any chance it's a chroma resolution limitation in the codec raising it's head along with a worst case scenario almost horizontal line? You can see it even easier on the red birds perched on Beast. Anytime it's pure red, green, or blue, (red is the easiest to see it on) you'll run into this, but it's always there and there's really nothing you can do about it...

EDIT ADD ON: Paku set me straight elsewhere on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paku
If you're talking about the HighDefDiscNews caps, those were taken using a poor chroma upsampling method which causes aliasing particularly in red areas, and that's entirely a decoding error and is not on the disc (compare to the reds in the proper blu-ray.com caps.)

But there's still another type of aliasing present which is not due to any decoding.

It's worth noting, in motion, this stuff is really tricky to spot. I totally feel for Ralph when people throw stuff under a microscope like this and are "surprised" he didn't catch it. I think back to the one column reviews I used to read in Home Theater Magazine and the antiquated systems they watched those discs on. How did we ever survive? ;-)
post #14 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballis View Post

I'd guess part of it is due to the animation style. Kind of like Cars vs Ratatouille. Rat is newer and more likely the more advanced film made technically, but Cars has a visual look that leaps off the page with bold lines and heavily saturated characters. (Red car VS gray rat? The red car's gonna win.)

Frog has lots of soft gradients and layers where Beast has strong colors and stark lines. It pops more by design.

Just a thought anyway.
post #15 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 PM

To be honest I spotted it in motion and that is why I decided to take a closer look. The aliasing is pretty prevalent throughout the movie with majority of it on the clock and candlebra characters but definitely not limited to just them.
I could put up hundreds of frames with aliasing in them. As far as I know this was the first disney animated movie that incorporated some cgi and I have a feeling some of this has something to do with the aliasing problem guest a guess though.
post #16 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
To be fair to Ralph and in his defense, maybe he simply didn't see the banding in that one scene. Either that or perhaps he did see it, but didn't think it was a big enough issue to mention it. I would assume a lot of reviewers simply can't catch everything or mention every little thing they see. I have yet to see this film on Blu-ray, but perhaps that was the only scene in the film where there was banding? Who knows, but what do you give the film for a few very little minor nitpicks? Do you then give it a 97? 98? 99? In every film you will be able to pick at least 1 very minor thing or two. Not knocking anyone here, but rather playing devils advocate. Another thing, the review system here on AVS is 0-100 rather it being rated out of 5 stars. If Ralph were to give this film a 5/5 would it be different than 100? I hope nobody takes this the wrong way and mistakes me. I love the 0-100 rating system and I'm not saying it should change because I personally love the rating system here.
post #17 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM

I am appreciative of Ralph for what he does for this site! I am in no way knocking him and please don't think I am.
The Banding was in 3 or 4 places always on her cheek. but it didn't rear its ugly head anywhere near as often as the aliasing which is my main gripe as it was present throughout the the picture. I must admit it is very hard to stop banding completely with an 8 bit format especially on animation but its the aliasing that bothers me. also 100 out of 100 is perfect the really good thing about the 100 scale versus the 5 out of 5 is that you aren't limited by halves you can give something like this movie a 97 for pq.
post #18 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub24ox7 View Post

I am a bit confused by the Perfect review this received for PQ :/ It suffers from banding and aliasing. First check out the major banding on her cheek on the first image (click on image to zoom in) and note the jagged edges or stair step lines on the following second image down. (aliasing) (again click on image to zoom in) and in the third image down.

If the aliasing is indeed inherent in the source then I would give it a 97 as it still has some banding. also found some definite halos in a few scenes at the beginning.

Greetings,

As I stated earlier I call them as I see them. I am not going to get into a debate about screen captures from an unknown origin or allow this thread to be derailed by them.

My review stands on its own. If you disagree that's fine but please don't post screen caps in one of my review threads ever again.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #19 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post

It's worth noting, in motion, this stuff is really tricky to spot. I totally feel for Ralph when people throw stuff under a microscope like this and are "surprised" he didn't catch it. I think back to the one column reviews I used to read in Home Theater Magazine and the antiquated systems they watched those discs on. How did we ever survive? ;-)

I wonder if some of these guys critique their wives/gf's on their looks as much....
I prefer spending my time watching movies than looking for flaws in it's production.

thanks for the review Ralph, got it on pre-order for my kids.........
post #20 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake73 View Post

I prefer spending my time watching movies than looking for flaws in it's production.

I'm sure most feel this way. It just so happens that some people are far more susceptible to be sucked out of the film due to these anomalies than others. ^_^
post #21 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

I call them as I see them and didn't compare this to The Princess and the frog although both are reference quality. Quite frankly I just don't how this could look any better especially in light of its age.

Regards,

Considering its age I agree with you. I dont think it could look any better. Disney are doing some great work with their blurays. Good review btw.
post #22 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM

I am sorry I was trying to be nice by saying you do this site a service but your feelings have obviously been hurt. The screen caps are from the US disc and were taken with avsp and ffmpegsource. I must also say that this sentence is inaccurate in your review. " The audio is crystal clear, free of the edginess and never shows its age which says something for the care that went into the encoding." You obviously don't understand digital audio unless your listening to lossy, the encoding doesn't matter with lossless and it really doesn't matter with the lossy either as there are few things you can do when encoding audio (choose bitrate and the number of channels pretty much lol).It's the mastering that makes something sound good. I was just trying to bring up some VALID points but I take it you don't want any input that is of a different viewpoint than you own so no I won't post in your review thread anymore I didn't mean any disrespect.
post #23 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:

I am sorry I was trying to be nice by saying you do this site a service but your feelings have obviously been hurt. The screen caps are from the US disc and were taken with avsp and ffmpegsource. I must also say that this sentence is inaccurate in your review. " The audio is crystal clear, free of the edginess and never shows its age which says something for the care that went into the encoding." You obviously don't understand digital audio unless your listening to lossy, the encoding doesn't matter with lossless and it really doesn't matter with the lossy either as there are few things you can do when encoding audio (choose bitrate and the number of channels pretty much lol).It's the mastering that makes something sound good. I was just trying to bring up some VALID points but I take it you don't want any input that is of a different viewpoint than you own so no I won't post in your review thread anymore I didn't mean any disrespect.

Greetings,

Apparently you're new here. Anyone that follows my reviews know that I have no problem with opinions that differ from mine. I won't bother to entertain your remarks regarding my description of the audio as their purpose is quite transparent.

I didn't see your original post as being disrepsectful however I wanted to ensure that you understood that I view the posting of screen captures (especially from an unknown source) as having too many variables to warrant discussion. My review threads are not the place to post them.

This is all I will say on the matter in an open forum as this has derailed the thread far too much already. Your decision not to post anymore is your own.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #24 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I must also say that this sentence is inaccurate in your review. " The audio is crystal clear, free of the edginess and never shows its age which says something for the care that went into the encoding." You obviously don't understand digital audio unless your listening to lossy, the encoding doesn't matter with lossless and it really doesn't matter with the lossy either as there are few things you can do when encoding audio (choose bitrate and the number of channels pretty much lol).It's the mastering that makes something sound good.

This is all true but it's merely a slip up on the right term to use. Others have pointed out minor mistakes in reviews in the past (with AVS readers as your eyes, it's nearly impossible to not make a minor gaffe here or there) and Ralph has been quite good at rectifying the mistakes.

He's also had plenty of people disagree on the ratings given. (The audio on Avatar for example not having enough "killer bass" to merit a 100.) Again, he's been happy to agree to disagree.

The overall point being, these reviews are for the enthusiast who sits down and watches a film as an overall experience. We're talking about arguing over a 97 vs 100. If I can find reviews that get it that close to my own takes, I'd be ecstatic. It's splitting hairs at this point. You're allowed your input and at that point, I'm not sure there's much else to say.
post #25 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM

Okay I respect your viewpoint that screencaps should be posted elsewhere and I will post screencaps I make(my screencaps are accurate and from the retail USA BD) in other forums.
:-)
post #26 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay I respect your viewpoint that screencaps should be posted elsewhere and I will post screencaps I make(my screencaps are accurate and from the retail USA BD) in other forums.
:-)

"I just love happy endings!" ^_^

(wait... wrong Disney movie...)
post #27 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Liked: 11
Ralph,

I see by the breakdown of features that the movie's "storyboard form version" is only in PIP. I hope this isn't the case as it would be nice to have this as full size video instead. I believe it was originally known as the Work in Progress version. I do have it [thankfully] on Laserdisc and can still enjoy it that way [if the notes by you are true]. I have 2 still-working LD players and probably 100 titles that have never gone to BD or DVD video [as far as I know].

Still gonna be a day one purchase for me though from Best Buy as it comes with a free Steelbook case when pre-ordered!

Just realized, I've been into optical form video for quite a looooong time!!
post #28 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Liked: 31
Whats the world coming to ? someone dare challenge the King ???

Just kidding guys....I absolutely appreciate the work King P and Lee do , I like the way they convey and deliver their
take on what they viewed...sure some may not agree with a silly star or a number...but WE CAN UNDERSTAND the review.

I've been to some sites and can't understand all the drivel and metaphores some of these clowns are saying... I can't believe
some get paid for it ...but the King and Lee do an outstanding job and I couldn't ask for more.

I trust what they say and hinge alot of my decision on their experience... Im not gonna worry about a silly line on hand drawn material...

Just relax and enjoy !
post #29 of 55 Old 09-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Ralph, thanks for the great review. You know how to generate excitement and stir a few emotions at the same time
post #30 of 55 Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyall View Post

Ralph, thanks for the great review. You know how to generate excitement and stir a few emotions at the same time

Greetings,

You're more than welcome.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Beauty And The Beast

User Tag List