Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 676 Old 12-15-2012, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Absolutely! The standard factory settings on any TV is garbage. Whether you're using the Disney WoW disk to calibrate it or something else, it needs to be done.
Will the brightness/darkness of the room affect how I calibrate it?

My 5.1 audio system bedroom setup:
10'1" L x 9'11" D x 8' H. One corner opens up to a space (for the door to open/close) that measures 2'4" L x 2'11" D x 8' H.
AVR: Denon 1712
Fronts: Pioneer SP-BS41-LR
Center: Pioneer SP-C21
Rear: Pioneer SP-BS21-LR
Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD
TV: Samsung UN46EH6070...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 676 Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Picked up the Blu-ray of this disc here in Australia just in time to have a good play with it this weekend, and even though I'm using an older Epson TW-1000 projector in my theatre room, calibrating the video has done wonders to how it looks. My wife came in to ask how it was going and mentioned the impressive picture - very high praise, all things considered.

At first I just about hardly used the audio calibration features on the disc, but I've been motivated enough to have a good read through this thread, and I couldn't help but notice some rather contradictory recommendations having been made, such as not setting speakers to small, turning off Audyssey and even calibrating at 83dB instead of 75dB. While I was happy with my setup's audio output, I'm always up for improvements, and will try some of these. I've already calibrated my speakers to 83dB and sub to 86dB, and it's certainly louder. While I would typically watch at -10 on my Onkyo 1007, I'll definitely be at closer to -15 from now on.

I'll try with Audyssey off in a day or so, and see how it goes. I do remember, back when I upgraded from my old Pioneer receiver, having been somewhat disappointed with Audyssey MultEQ XT technology. It certainly wasn't the step forward that I'd assumed it was going to be, so much so that if the same content had been played with either receiver, I doubt I'd have been able to tell which was being used.

Great disc though, wish I'd gotten one sooner smile.gif
post #453 of 676 Old 12-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Liked: 23
Richard, a question: What is the best way to calibrate tha backlight of a LED tv (Sony HX850). The little info I have find says that you first set the backlight at midpoint or even higher, then set the brightness and contrast, then the rest of things(color, hue, sharpness, etc ), and finally set the backlight according to the brightness of you room, starting at the lowest level and then raising the backlight up until you like the intensity of the image. What is you professional opinion? Thanks in advance.
post #454 of 676 Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM

What is the difference between the 3 bluray versions? (Besides 2 are ou tof stock)

One was released in 4/2012 and the other was released in 11/2010.

I plan on buying one to calibrate my new setup. Thanks!
post #455 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman View Post

What is the difference between the 3 bluray versions? (Besides 2 are ou tof stock)
11/2010 come with 2 dvds, 1 calibration dvd and 1 'test' dvd

4/2012 come with only 1 cailbration dvd.

both cailbration dvds in the two different versions are the same.

10'1" L x 9'11" D x 8' H. One corner opens up to a space (for the door to open/close) that measures 2'4" L x 2'11" D x 8' H.
post #456 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Disney WOW DIsc is Identical in all Three (3) Versions

R&B FIlms - 1 DIsc Version - (Single Disc - Revised Packaging - Includes WOW DIsc + 4 Page Booklet - $34.99 MSRP)

Disney - 1 DIsc Version - (Single Disc - Revised Packaging - Includes WOW Disc + 4 Page Booklet - $34.99 MSRP)

Disney 2 Disc Version - (Double Disc - Original Packaging - Includes WOW Disc + Bonus Disc + 56 Page Booklet) - $39.99 MSRP)

Other than those changes, the WOW Calibration Disc is identical in all Three (3) Versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman View Post

jam88 likes this.

Richard J. Casey

Disney WOW - World of Wonder

Producers Guild of America, New Media Council
(BD Industry Insider)
post #457 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes... the environment can affect display calibration settings. This is why I have both ISF Day and ISF Night settings on my KURO.

Calibrate in the room light that is typical for your HDTV Viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth3si View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

Absolutely! The standard factory settings on any TV is garbage. Whether you're using the Disney WoW disk to calibrate it or something else, it needs to be done.
Will the brightness/darkness of the room affect how I calibrate it?

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #458 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Try reading this and using the recommendations here. This is the new 4 Page Booklet included in all Single DIsc versions of WOW.

If you can get above 235 white and not clip White / RGB Channels ... that is not a bad thing. Most people would argue that anything past 241 / 242 is unnecessary. Probably true. But if the headroom is there, I use it. Also, as you can see by the explanation in this 4 page booklet, newer HDTV Panels may not even give you the option to clip White / RGB Channels. Some have their limits set by default at the factory. In the case of my Panasonic ST-30, 100 is the correct / best setting using a full blown ISF Calibration with a meter.

Disney WOW World of Wonder
Beginner and Advanced
HDTV Calibration Instructions

Before you begin

On some HDTVs, you may notice a limited range of adjustment. This is by design on the part of the HDTV manufacturer. These limits avoid pushing the HDTV too far beyond ideal levels. Do not be concerned about the inability to exceed the limits indicated on the WOW test patterns. Your HDTV can be calibrated perfectly within the given range of adjustment.

SHARPNESS: The WOW Sharpness Tool is for very fine adjustment of your HDTV Sharpness setting. You must be very close to your HDTV in order to accurately calibrate Sharpness using this tool. Typically, a distance of 1 to 2 feet is recommended. Often, the correct Sharpness setting will be in the lower scale between 0% and 25% of the total adjustment range.

Using certain inputs on your HDTV, like “PC,” may restrict the number of adjustments you can make to your HDTV. For more information, please refer to your HDTV owner’s manual or contact your HDTV manufacturer’s customer service department.

The EXPERT section is not covered in this booklet.

This section is for use by Calibration Professionals and Studio Engineers. Without the proper equipment and experience, you may not be able to properly utilize all of the tests, demonstrations, or tools in this section.

Let’s Get Started

To calibrate your HDTV using WOW, follow these easy steps:
1. Select OPTIMIZE from the Main Menu
2. Select your skill level (BEGINNER, ADVANCED or EXPERT)

BEGINNER:

Select VIDEO to Optimize your HDTV

Select INTRODUCTION for basic instructions on how to use the Calibration Tools to optimize your HDTV. Please press ENTER after reading the instructions to return to the BEGINNER Test Menu.

Choose the item you wish to calibrate (brightness, contrast, etc.).
For each item, you can select:
- DESCRIPTION to hear a description of the test
- INSTRUCTIONS to see/hear what the test pattern should look like
- CALIBRATE NOW to perform the actual calibration*
*Please refer to the HOW TO CALIBRATE VIDEO section of this Instruction Booklet.

Select AUDIO to Optimize your SOUND

This section is for use with sound systems using external speakers and an Audio/Video Receiver. Select INTRODUCTION to learn more about optimizing your SOUND. Please refer to your Audio/Video Receiver owner’s manual for details on how to adjust speaker CONFIGURATION, LEVEL and DISTANCE settings.

Choose the Sound System you wish to calibrate (Stereo, 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1).

- CALIBRATE to perform the actual calibration*

* Some Audio Tools require that you use the SKIP, ENTER and/or ARROW buttons on your remote to navigate through the test.

The Audio tests vary depending on the number of speakers in your Home Theater System. Select the correct number from the list (Stereo, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1). Please note, the “.1” is the subwoofer. If you do not have a subwoofer, just select the number based on how many speakers you have.

ADVANCED:

Select VIDEO CALIBRATION TOOLS to Optimize your HDTV

Select your HDTV type. If you are unsure of your display type, please refer to your HDTV owner’s manual.

Choose the item you wish to calibrate (brightness, contrast, etc.).
- INSTRUCTIONS to see/hear what the test pattern should look like
- CALIBRATE NOW to perform the actual calibration *
*Please refer to the HOW TO CALIBRATE VIDEO section of this Instruction Booklet.

CONTRAST: For the CONTRAST test pattern, you’ll want the "Visible White Stars" to be visible without fading into the background. If you start losing the "Visible White Stars," your monitor is clipping, which is not optimal. In many cases, you will be able to see the “Above White Stars” on the test pattern. This is quite normal on many HDTV sets. The best setting in this case is to turn contrast up to the maximum possible level without losing "Visible White Stars" on the right side of the WOW test pattern and without introducing visible coloration (red, green or blue tint) to the “Above White Stars.” You may actually find that 100% contrast still does not “clip” or make the “Visible White Stars” vanish or add any visible coloration to the “Above White Stars” on the WOW test pattern. This would be considered your optimal calibrated setting.

Select DISPLAY EVALUATION TOOLS to Test your HDTV

Display Evaluation Tools can be used to check the operation of your HDTV. The DESCRIPTION and INTRODUCTION for each Display Evaluation Tool will describe the function and purpose of each test.

Select AUDIO SET-UP TOOLS to Optimize your SOUND

Select INTRODUCTION to learn more about optimizing your SOUND. Please refer to your Audio/Video Receiver owner’s manual for details on how to adjust speaker CONFIGURATION, LEVEL and DISTANCE settings.

- If you do not have a Sound Pressure Level Meter (SPL Meter), please select SPL METER NOT REQUIRED.

Choose the Sound System you wish to calibrate (Stereo, 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1).

- CALIBRATE to perform the actual calibration*

* Some Audio Tools require that you use the SKIP, ENTER and/or ARROW buttons on your remote to navigate through the test.

HOW TO CALIBRATE VIDEO:

On most HDTV remotes, a button labeled MENU should bring up a list of settings, options and controls for your HDTV. Typically, the controls you need to calibrate the video will be labeled PICTURE SETTING or VIDEO (brightness, contrast, color, etc.). Should you have any problems finding or accessing your HDTV Menu, please refer to your HDTV owner’s manual for instructions.

Most HDTVs have factory preset combinations for brightness, contrast, color, etc., typically called PICTURE MODES. Each preset combination will have a descriptive name, like DYNAMIC, STANDARD, MOVIE/CINEMA, etc.

To achieve the best results, select the PICTURE MODE labeled MOVIE or CINEMA and make all of your adjustments using that Mode.

Once you have chosen the correct PICTURE MODE, go to the PICTURE SETTINGS or VIDEO (brightness, contrast, color, etc.) and make adjustments using the WOW disc and your HDTV remote. When you are finished with each setting, press the POP-UP button on your disc player’s remote to return to the WOW Optimize Menu. On some remotes, this may be called the TITLE/POP-UP or MENU button. Once you return to the WOW Optimize Menu, you can proceed to the next setting. For best results, it is recommended that you perform the adjustments in the order they appear on the WOW Optimize Menu.

Please refer to your HDTV owner’s manual to confirm whether you need to manually save your calibrated settings. (Most HDTVs will automatically save your settings.)

Now sit back, relax, and enjoy your new visual masterpiece!

PIXEL FLIPPER

This useful and unique tool will attempt to fix plasma burn-in and rescue stuck pixels. The tool cannot repair dead or defective pixels. Instructions for use are included on the disc.

For more detailed instructions on the Calibration Tools featured on WOW, you can download the full instruction manual at the following URL:

http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/managed/WOW_Manual.pdf

©BVHE, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

Just spent about an hour calibrating my 100+ hour old Panny 65GT50. I had one input adjusted for bright room viewing and one for dark room. After viewing the sample scenes on the disc, I now know why it's called Disney's WOW! Viewing it in a dark room was amazing! (OK OK I know the GT50 has a lot to do with it. wink.gif) But the adjustments that were made really allowed my display to exhibit some fantastic video quality. I was debating on whether or not to have my set professionally calibrated, but now I don't think I need to. I'm very happy with the picture. But then again, the other half of my mind is so curious as to how much better of a picture I would get after a pro calibration. Decisons decisions. Talk to me goose! eek.gif

Edit: Richard, I thought I read that you have Contrast set at 100 on your Panny. When I was adjusting the Contrast, I had set it at 100 just for fun to see what would happen and I could still see the visible white stars. But I thought to myself that 100 must be too high, especially if C-net set theirs at 76. (I know I know, poor thinking. rolleyes.gif)So are you saying that it very well could be that my Contrast should be at 100? What would I be losing if I set it at 70 instead of 100? Thanks.

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #459 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Backlighting, along with contrast, sets the overall light output of the panel. However, it also raises black level. It should be set as low as possible consistent with good light output--120cd/m2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fegam2 View Post

Richard, a question: What is the best way to calibrate tha backlight of a LED tv (Sony HX850). The little info I have find says that you first set the backlight at midpoint or even higher, then set the brightness and contrast, then the rest of things(color, hue, sharpness, etc ), and finally set the backlight according to the brightness of you room, starting at the lowest level and then raising the backlight up until you like the intensity of the image. What is you professional opinion? Thanks in advance.

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #460 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you calibrate your BD Player as well? If not, you may be correct regarding the subtle differences between the BD Player Pattern and the internal HDTV Pattern.

Please note that setting color/tint visually with test patterns and filters is not as precise as using CMS, Meter, and Software to calibrate color.

There may be small differences.

WOW does not have the necessary patterns for adjusting either white balance or RGBYCM with a meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBFilms View Post

Hi,
This is a display issue and I do not see this on my plasma .... it seems most folks agree it is a display issue.
Is it normal? Considering neither I or anyone I know has a similar issue...I would assume not.

Thanks for the reply since. Since I made the intial request, my answer was provided. It is a diplay issure not a source issue.

Next question: Many displays now have built in patterns for adjusting color, when compaired to the WOW it can be a few clicks different. Is this differece becasue I'm using an exteranal source thus its not being processed the same way as the internal patterns? Or perhaps the player is outputting it a little bit different?

Also my display has color space correction which allows for adjusting the RGB for six different colors. I found some instructions on how to use these internal patterns with the RED, GREEN and Blue filters I have. Does WOW have any patterns/information to assist in adjusting this?

Lastly without a meter is there anyway to adjust white balance with WOW?

Thank you in advance.

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #461 of 676 Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

On the HX850, you should not touch the contrast control. Leave it at the default and set the brightness of the display with the backlight control. Also, the backlight control will not impact the black level on the HX850. The proper brightness setting (impacts black level and shadow detail) on those displays should either be 50 or 51.

Quote:

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #462 of 676 Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Yes... the environment can affect display calibration settings. This is why I have both ISF Day and ISF Night settings on my KURO.
Calibrate in the room light that is typical for your HDTV Viewing.
using disney wow advanced tutorial...do i configure day setting for "normal TV" viewing with either lights on and off? and night setting for "movie" viewing with either lights on and off?

post #463 of 676 Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:

On the HX850, you should not touch the contrast control. Leave it at the default and set the brightness of the display with the backlight control. Also, the backlight control will not impact the black level on the HX850. The proper brightness setting (impacts black level and shadow detail) on those displays should either be 50 or 51.

Thanks for your answer Richrad, but I'm confused, in your answer you tell that on the sony HX850 I should not touch the Contrast control and set the brightness with the backlight control. If I understood correctly I should not touch the Contrast and also not touch the Brightness control but only use the backlight to to set the brigtness. If so, with what control do I set the contrast or just leave it as its default setting of 90 in the cinema scene. The default brightness setting in the same cinema scene is 50. Another unrelated question: do you think is correct to use motionflow with blu-rays and video games? I ask because on the Hx850 you can use the motionflow on clear or clear plus in conjuction with Film mode on Auto 1, and not have the dreaded soap opera efect. I have tried with and without motionflow (on the mention settings) and I'm still undecided what is best. I know that motionflow is good fo sports and I have seen the benefits seeing my dear Readskins on HD, but I wonder if you answer is that I should let motionflow off if I should do the same for Cable HD channels like ESPN or HBO?

Thanks in advance Richard, you're kind to take the time to answer the questions we all have on this forum.
post #464 of 676 Old 12-18-2012, 04:30 PM

Mine didn't come with the 52 page instruction booklet. is the cd/dvd still usuable? will i be able to calibrate it successfully?

post #465 of 676 Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Mine didn't come with the 52 page instruction booklet. is the cd/dvd still usuable? will i be able to calibrate it successfully?

If I'm not wrong you can view all the info that is on the booklet directly from the disc
post #466 of 676 Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 PM

Richard one last question: for the day calibration do i have to do all the calibration (brigtness, contrast, color, etc) or can I take my night calibration and just turn up the brightness control until the image look good enough?
post #467 of 676 Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

For that specific display, you set the brightness, aka light output, via the backlight control. Leave the contrast control at its default setting. The back light won't impact the black level because the HX850 is a local dimming (albeit edge lit LED) display and no owner would ever use this display with the local dimming feature turned off (if the local dimming was turned completely off, sure the backlight control would impact black levels). On this model with LD engaged, the local dimming setting would impact the black level.

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your answer Richrad, but I'm confused, in your answer you tell that on the sony HX850 I should not touch the Contrast control and set the brightness with the backlight control. If I understood correctly I should not touch the Contrast and also not touch the Brightness control but only use the backlight to to set the brigtness. If so, with what control do I set the contrast or just leave it as its default setting of 90 in the cinema scene. The default brightness setting in the same cinema scene is 50. Another unrelated question: do you think is correct to use motionflow with blu-rays and video games? I ask because on the Hx850 you can use the motionflow on clear or clear plus in conjuction with Film mode on Auto 1, and not have the dreaded soap opera efect. I have tried with and without motionflow (on the mention settings) and I'm still undecided what is best. I know that motionflow is good fo sports and I have seen the benefits seeing my dear Readskins on HD, but I wonder if you answer is that I should let motionflow off if I should do the same for Cable HD channels like ESPN or HBO?

Thanks in advance Richard, you're kind to take the time to answer the questions we all have on this forum.

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #468 of 676 Old 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes...the booklet is no more than an exact mirror of the verbal instructions on the disc. You can download the booklet if you want it at this link.

http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/disney-wow-world-of-wonder.html

Quote:

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #469 of 676 Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Good question...I personally go through the entire calibration process for each mode and check everything. But that is just the way I am. It is very simple to check while you are in each mode. By habit, I always double check everything whenever there is a change in the viewing environment.

Quote:

Richard one last question: for the day calibration do i have to do all the calibration (brigtness, contrast, color, etc) or can I take my night calibration and just turn up the brightness control until the image look good enough?

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #470 of 676 Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 PM

Well, I've done a little testing with my setup, and while I do prefer level matching my speakers to 83dB instead of 75dB, I also definitely prefer it with Audyssey enabled. Especially for my subwoofer.

Have picked up a 50' tv full hd plasma for my mum for Xmas though, and will definitely be calibrating it with my Wow Blu-ray smile.gif
post #471 of 676 Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you position the Sub as per my detailed instructions and perform a manual calibration using an SPL Meter? Did you set the distances correctly and teh sub crossover correctly as per my recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturai View Post

Well, I've done a little testing with my setup, and while I do prefer level matching my speakers to 83dB instead of 75dB, I also definitely prefer it with Audyssey enabled. Especially for my subwoofer.

Have picked up a 50' tv full hd plasma for my mum for Xmas though, and will definitely be calibrating it with my Wow Blu-ray smile.gif

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #472 of 676 Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:

For that specific display, you set the brightness, aka light output, via the backlight control. Leave the contrast control at its default setting. The back light won't impact the black level because the HX850 is a local dimming (albeit edge lit LED) display and no owner would ever use this display with the local dimming feature turned off (if the local dimming was turned completely off, sure the backlight control would impact black levels). On this model with LD engaged, the local dimming setting would impact the black level.

Thank you Richard for your answers. I'm clear now that i should let the contrast and brightness control as default and set the brightness with the bacKlight control. Now I know that LD is the one responsible for black level alone on this tv, it didn´t occured to me. Right now I'm using the local dimming on the max level of Standard (excelent blacks), so my question is: when I'll perform the calibration with the WOW disc I should also have the local dimming ON and set on standard right? or Local Dimming should be OFF and then after the calibration is finish, turn it ON at the standar setting?.

What is your opinion in engaging motionflow with blu-ray, videogames and cable HD channels. On the HX850 the clear and clear plus settings with film mode on Auto 1 don't create the soap opera efect, but both settings darken the imagine because If I not wrong they insert a black frame in the interpolation process.

Thanks in advance, and also have a very happy holydays!
post #473 of 676 Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:

Did you position the Sub as per my detailed instructions and perform a manual calibration using an SPL Meter? Did you set the distances correctly and teh sub crossover correctly as per my recommendations?

I level-matched the sub with my SPL meter, but I didn't move it or anything, no. I appreciate any advice you have re: placement however, and have taken the liberty of uploading a couple pictures of my theatre room. The room's dimensions are approximately 6.5 metres long by 3.6 metres wide, and the front half is sunken a couple of courses.

Facing the front of the room, from the back:

Facing the front from the left wall:

Facing the back of the room, from the front:

You can see my sub in the first couple of shots, it's the Seaton SubMersive. When we first moved in, I ran a few sweeps with REW and ended up placing it along the front wall, between my front left and front centre speakers. I had a hunch somewhere around the front left corner would be the spot it would end up occupying, if just because of the locations of the windows and doors in the room. As you can see, the 'listening position' actually varies quite considerably. While I will end up with two rows of three-seater recliners in there, for now I consider the middle recliner in the back row to be the dead centre position.

My receiver is the Onkyo NR1007, situated to the left of the cabinet that houses the projector. The current LPF of LFE is set to 80hz (I will probably readjust again to 120hz as it seems to be what's most recommended). As per my Audyssey scans, the crossover for my fronts is set to 40hz, the center & surrounds are set to either 50 or 60hz, and the surround backs are always at 60hz. I have my sub connected via an SVS AS-EQ1 subwoofer equalisation unit to the Onkyo, and much as it said it would, the sub's distance as reported in my receiver is 7.5 metres, up from approximately 4.5 metres for the fronts.

I did have a question re: placement. You mentioned adjusting your subwoofer "so it is within 1 or less of the distance you measured to the fronts". Does that mean, for the most part, that you want it to be ideally about as far away from where you're sitting as they are? Or should I move it, so it's a little closer? While it's a pretty big sub for what's a relatively small room, there are a few other places it can go, and thanks to my wife recognising my theatre as "the man's room", I can put it anywhere in there I want. If you recommend it, Richard, I will give it a try. I use the room for 100% movie watching, particularly action Blu-rays, and I always pretty much do my testing with the usual suspects; Transformers, Die Hard 4, Flight of the Phoenix, War of the Worlds, etc. I like the bass stuff biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and I know it all looks a little 'untreated'. It's a new house, and we still haven't been here a year yet. We've got a couple weeks off coming up in February, and are looking to get some painting done then smile.gif
post #474 of 676 Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM

Hi Rich, i am from the United Kingdom, and was wondering do you think this will ever be released here, or offered as a disney reward at the UK version of the reward site ? or if available here in the UK, where can i order it from, thankyou

chris
post #475 of 676 Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 PM

Are there any specific tips on how to calibrate my Samsung UN46EH6070 while I'm following the guide? For example, do I reset picture to default settings in dynamic, standard, natural or movie mode(s)?

post #476 of 676 Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 AM

Hi, just bought the blue ray but there is no option for LED only LCD/Plasma or OLED. Should I calibrate using OLED? I have a LED tv.
post #477 of 676 Old 12-22-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

LCD

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #478 of 676 Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Chris,

It is available in the UK.

Disney WOW is available in the UK from a number of online retailers including

Amazon.co.uk

and

Play.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytraders View Post

Hi Rich, i am from the United Kingdom, and was wondering do you think this will ever be released here, or offered as a disney reward at the UK version of the reward site ? or if available here in the UK, where can i order it from, thankyou

chris

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #479 of 676 Old 12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I do not have info on that particular model...but try this as a starting point:

Picture Modes
Picture Mode : Movie
Color Temperature : Warm 2
Aspect Ratio : Screen Fit
Picture Settings
Backlight : 4
Contrast : 90
Brightness : 44
Sharpness : 0
Color : 48
Tint : G50/R50
Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast : Off
Black Tone : Off
Flesh Tone : 0
RGB Only : Off
Color Space : Auto
White Balance : Factory Default
10 pt. White Balance : Off
Gamma : 1
Expert Pattern : Off
xvYCC : Off
Black Enhancer : Off
Picture Options
Color Tone : Warm 2
Digital Noise Filter : Off
MPEG Noise Filter : Off
HDMI Black Level : Low
Film Mode : Auto 1
Auto Motion Plus : Off
LED Motion Plus : Off
Quote:

Are there any specific tips on how to calibrate my Samsung UN46EH6070 while I'm following the guide? For example, do I reset picture to default settings in dynamic, standard, natural or movie mode(s)?

Richard J. Casey

(BD Industry Insider)
post #480 of 676 Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Hi Chris,