Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 676 Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
haha I had to buy a new tv so I hope this helps me set up the new tube! and I can help others with their calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 676 Old 02-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I actually did do a search on this site for a question I have. But, unless I was using the wrong search parameters, I found no answer. My question is-on WOW, the test area for subwoofer signal level with a SPL meter-is the "0" level of this signal supposed to be at +75 db or +85 db? I'm tending to think it is at +85 db. Any answers appreciated.
post #663 of 676 Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am having a Sammy 64F8500 delivered tomorrow and have been studying like crazy past few days trying to figure out HOW to break in this baby just right so I get no IR, read about running overnight slide shows, don't know how! To get to the point and the question, fro some things I read about this WOW Disc, it seemed to say there are clips of Disney Movies that you can set to LOOP on Full Screen....if this is correct, I am interested for tat ALONE.....I could then run it that way while I sleep and hasten the Break IN time.

Please tell me IF this is correct?

TKS michael;)
post #664 of 676 Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 110
yes you can play a loop of the sceens on the disc. I ran slides on an SD card when I broke mine in.

post #665 of 676 Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

THANKS! The WOW might get here by the end of this week............I downloaded one looping break in to use onto a USB but must have done something wrong because the TV sees it but does NOTHING..........I had been getting really NERVOUS about using this expensive quality HDTV w/o what many here see as a MUST way of Break IN. BUT...........my salesman, who has one, and the delivery fella, has two........both said ALL of that is totally unnecessary ........... basically said just cutback on Contrast, Brightness etc...set Pixels the Shift.....turn it on and enjoy it at lower settings until you get your 100 or so Hours and then turn it up and calibrate.
That is what I am doing now, have not noticed any burn in...........only have like 20 hours on it o far.

WOW! What a Picture.....unbelievable!
post #666 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Guys,

i have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level.
I bought this DVD yesterday and it confirmed it. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

TY in advance

Dude seriously!
post #667 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I used the d-nice settings on my Panasonic ST60 (after appropriate burn-in time). Would it be a waste of money to get the WOW disc and see if I can further tweak the settings, or just stick with the d-nice settings and be done with it?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #668 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko85 View Post
I used the d-nice settings on my Panasonic ST60 (after appropriate burn-in time). Would it be a waste of money to get the WOW disc and see if I can further tweak the settings, or just stick with the d-nice settings and be done with it?
Gecko - i have GT50 and i used also d-nice setting on it and i like it very much. My understanding is that every panel is different, every setup, environment and personal personal preference comes to play also. I used AVHDS disk (that is free on this site), and made few tweaks that are different from d-nice and i liked the picture better.
Hope this helps.

Dude seriously!
post #669 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by emporio View Post
Gecko - i have GT50 and i used also d-nice setting on it and i like it very much. My understanding is that every panel is different, every setup, environment and personal personal preference comes to play also. I used AVHDS disk (that is free on this site), and made few tweaks that are different from d-nice and i liked the picture better.
Hope this helps.
Great, thanks. I guess it's cheap enough, so might as well, right?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #670 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko85 View Post
Great, thanks. I guess it's cheap enough, so might as well, right?
Even i used the free AVSHD disk, i never had regret for buying WOW Disk, it was only $20 from Amazon. Its a good and nice tool to have. Plus it has different samples to check your settings.

Dude seriously!
post #671 of 676 Old 07-18-2014, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emporio View Post
Hi Guys,

i have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level.
I bought this DVD yesterday and it confirmed it. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

TY in advance
I used the WOW in 4 Samsung flat screens so far and the contrast is always at 100%.
The star doesn't change at all no matter high or low.

Heck, if you have a Samsung, crank the contrast right away to max, sharpness to 0
so you'll just have the brightness, color and tint to adjust for a calibrated tv under 5 minutes.
post #672 of 676 Old 08-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBFilms View Post

Then, set your subwoofer up facing 90 degrees away from your listening position and make sure the front center of the driver is within 1" or LESS of your listening position. This will make a big difference in your overall sound.

Then proceed to manually calibrate each speaker with a C Weighted Response using your SPL and an 83db Reference level ... and +3db over that for your sub

Mr Casey:
when you say "... the front center of the driver is within 1" (one inch) or LESS of your listening position."
please explain a little more of this.
My SW is already next (beside my legs) to my TV viewing couch. Is this near enough?

last weekend did all the calibration and SPL metering, but am I correct?

Im a little confused in this!
post #673 of 676 Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Tried using WOW's Audio Tools to setup my Surround system; I'm using a Panasonic BD anda Sony 1040 AVR..........can't do zilch with the WOW because, for example, when you go into utility to check Polarity......it starts out playing LFT FT and Center together..........using keys on the Panny Remote NO WAY to choose OR go to next set of speakers. Ran into the same thing in there other tests.....NO WAY to make the necessary choices to actually do the real setup????????
It's back to ol' fashioned method.....da ear!

TKS
post #674 of 676 Old 08-24-2014, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When playing the 20Hz to 20kHz audio sweep under the "stereo" directory, I hear a loud clicking in the right channel for the last few seconds of the track. When I play the same sweep, but under the 5.1 folder, there is no clicking. So I assume the clicking is recorded on the disc. Does anyone else hear it? Be sure you're in the "stereo" directory, not 5.1 or 7.1. The clicking is only in the right channel for the last few seconds of the 20Hz to 20kHz track.

Thanks.
post #675 of 676 Old 08-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If anyone is still looking for the manual online:
http://disney-wow.com/downloads.html
NickTheGreat likes this.
post #676 of 676 Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys,

I bought this solely for the Pixel Flipper as my VT60 has some logo burn in

Does the DVD version have the pixel flipper? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Disney Wow World Of Wonder Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Disney by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page