Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 60 Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Best Buy will have it for $25 and -$10 if you have the coupon from the original 2d release.

I went to the Jacksonville, NC store and quoted you, and they thought I was crazy. No one knew about a discount with a coupon. Are you speaking of the proof of purchase in the back of the blu-ray?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post

I went to the Jacksonville, NC store and quoted you, and they thought I was crazy. No one knew about a discount with a coupon. Are you speaking of the proof of purchase in the back of the blu-ray?

As mentioned earlier in the thread several times, there was a $10 off coupon on the back of the Digital Copy redemption code insert that came with the first Blu Ray release.
post #33 of 60 Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Liked: 10
I am watching this now and if I put in the 2d disc I get the HD audio but when I put in the 3d disc I only can get 5.1 with 640kb. Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea if I am missing something? Thanks in advance.
post #34 of 60 Old 02-01-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowl16 View Post

I am watching this now and if I put in the 2d disc I get the HD audio but when I put in the 3d disc I only can get 5.1 with 640kb. Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea if I am missing something? Thanks in advance.

What player are you using?

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

post #35 of 60 Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:

I am guessing you are using a PS3? If so, the PS3 cant do TrueHD AND 3d at the same time.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #36 of 60 Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Interesting. I have the same problem with the cars 2 3D blu. I can't get the preferred audio track (can't remember if that one is dts-ma or truehd) it automatically defaults to the multi channel and won't allow me to choose the other. When I put in the regular 2D blu ray disc there is no problem. My player is a Samsung, not ps3. Any feedback on these issues would be great!
post #37 of 60 Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
My copy arrived from Amazon last Tuesday, the same day I shipped off my Integra DTR-70.2 to service center.

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #38 of 60 Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 AM

Just to update this review a little.... I personally don't care too much of the story line, but the 3d video is really the best I have seen.... I think its very close to the IMAX Hubble Telescope, but with obviously a lot more detail. The 3d was very very smooth offering very little ghosting and the colors just are amazing....

So far I would like to say imho, this is like the 3d reference for at home 3d. Definitely very very good...

Other movies I have seen on the same setup, Resident Evil 3d, Despicable Me 3d, Alice in Wonderland 3d, Priest 3d, Narnia 3d.... and a couple of others.....

Still waiting on Avatar 3d and compare.... but love it so far.
post #39 of 60 Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post

Just to update this review a little.... I personally don't care too much of the story line, but the 3d video is really the best I have seen.... I think its very close to the IMAX Hubble Telescope, but with obviously a lot more detail. The 3d was very very smooth offering very little ghosting and the colors just are amazing....

So far I would like to say imho, this is like the 3d reference for at home 3d. Definitely very very good...

Other movies I have seen on the same setup, Resident Evil 3d, Despicable Me 3d, Alice in Wonderland 3d, Priest 3d, Narnia 3d.... and a couple of others.....

Still waiting on Avatar 3d and compare.... but love it so far.

I agree 100%

This movie's 3D presentation should be at least in the 90s. Avatar was pretty good but this movie imho can hold its own against it.

I was beginning to feel depressed about buying a 3D HDTV until I popped this baby in tonight...
I was stunned at the clarity and reality!
post #40 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

I also loved the 3D. Has anyone seen the thread with the comparison pics between the 2D vs 3D and how the 3D version has some darkening and inconsistency issues with the picture? I personally didn't notice anything but thought it was interesting that there's an issue despite the high rating the disc received in the picture (audio also).
post #41 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

I also loved the 3D. Has anyone seen the thread with the comparison pics between the 2D vs 3D and how the 3D version has some darkening and inconsistency issues with the picture? I personally didn't notice anything but thought it was interesting that there's an issue despite the high rating the disc received in the picture (audio also).

I watched this last night and the brightness drop was noticeable somewhere between the 40-50 minute mark and stayed this way for the rest of the disc Looked great up to this point, but then it definitely got noticeably dull compared to the first ~40-45 minutes. I even opened up the iris from -5 to 0 on my RS45 and it still did not fully bring it back to life. Any chance for a recall? Somebody made a mistake along the way from the looks of it. Unless this gets fixed, I will be sticking to the 2d version from now on.....what a shame since it is great otherwise.

Other than this disc error, I thought the 3d was very good and agree with Ralph's impressions. Audio was just as awesome as the first time I watched the bare bones edition last year........WOW!

post #42 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I watched this last night and the brightness drop was noticeable somewhere between the 40-50 minute mark and stayed this way for the rest of the disc Looked great up to this point, but then it definitely got noticeably dull compared to the first ~40-45 minutes. I even opened up the iris from -5 to 0 on my RS45 and it still did not fully bring it back to life. Any chance for a recall? Somebody made a mistake along the way from the looks of it. Unless this gets fixed, I will be sticking to the 2d version from now on.....what a shame since it is great otherwise.

Other than this disc error, I thought the 3d was very good and agree with Ralph's impressions. Audio was just as awesome as the first time I watched the bare bones edition last year........WOW!

Thanks for your post. I will have to rewatch it again and look for the change, although I'm not sure I wanna be able to notice it!
post #43 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

Thanks for your post. I will have to rewatch it again and look for the change, although I'm not sure I wanna be able to notice it!

Honestly, if I had not read about it I might have missed it. Once you know to look for it though, it was pretty obvious Its easy to see how this would be easily missed though considering 3d is relatively dim to start with for most of us.

Edit: Check out page 3 of this thread for some interesting comparison shots/info on this topic.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1364140&page=3

post #44 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Honestly, if I had not read about it I might have missed it. Once you know to look for it though, it was pretty obvious Its easy to see how this would be easily missed though considering 3d is relatively dim to start with for most of us.

Edit: Check out page 3 of this thread for some interesting comparison shots/info on this topic.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1364140&page=3

Thanks! I'll check that out
post #45 of 60 Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Hhm.. Are there really problems with the 'brightening/whiteness' issue? Hate to buy one knowing there's really such a problem!! The 3D blu rays cost a bomb here in my place!! Somewhere around $60 a piece..
post #46 of 60 Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 AM

I am going to check that out tonight!!... I am not sure but did you guys get the collectors edition or just the 3d version....

I wonder if it makes a difference? I actually sprung for the collectors edition.... Feedback would help.
post #47 of 60 Old 02-09-2012, 09:20 PM

darn its different.... booo even paid for the collectors edition.... need a refund :'(
post #48 of 60 Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I told myself I wouldn't watch this...I lost 23 IQ points after the last one...but then I did. Oooow...I'll never get the time or the braincells back.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #49 of 60 Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I told myself I wouldn't watch this...I lost 23 IQ points after the last one...but then I did. Oooow...I'll never get the time or the braincells back.

Ron...you've now lost a total of 69 IQ points, because the affects get worse with time

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

post #50 of 60 Old 02-13-2012, 08:02 PM

I was so disappointed with the 2nd one that I only just purchased it, and only because blockbuster is closing and it was very discounted.

The 3rd one can't recreate the feelings the first invoked . With that said I had zero expectations after the mess the 2nd turned out to be and throughly enjoyed the 3rd for what it is. Great special effects and superb sound with an okay story. Its vastly superior to the 2nd in my opinion.

To the above sorry you didn't enjoy it but c'mon man! It can't be as hard to digest as the 2nd was!
post #51 of 60 Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post

darn its different.... booo even paid for the collectors edition.... need a refund :'(

I bought just the standalone version so it does not sound like there is any difference and both have the issue unfortunately.

post #52 of 60 Old 02-14-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Bad movie, excellent 3D.

R
post #53 of 60 Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post

Ron...you've now lost a total of 69 IQ points, because the affects get worse with time

Doh!

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #54 of 60 Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:

I bought just the standalone version so it does not sound like there is any difference and both have the issue unfortunately.

I am beginning to think its an artistic thing. I watched it in the movie theatre in 3d and I vaguely remember it being of the same brightness....
post #55 of 60 Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM

I just bought a copy of "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" THIS IS THE 2ND COPY AND I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT LOCKING UP AT THE VERY BEGINNING SCREEN WHERE IS STATES THAT YOU NEED A 3D HDTV & BLU-RAY PLAYER. WELL I HAVE A PLAYSTATION 3 160GBAS WELL AS A 42" LG 3D PLASMA HDTV, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE RUN INTO A PROBLEM LIKE THIS. . . CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE:eek:
post #56 of 60 Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clay View Post

I just bought a copy of "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" THIS IS THE 2ND COPY AND I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT LOCKING UP AT THE VERY BEGINNING SCREEN WHERE IS STATES THAT YOU NEED A 3D HDTV & BLU-RAY PLAYER. WELL I HAVE A PLAYSTATION 3 160GBAS WELL AS A 42" LG 3D PLASMA HDTV, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE RUN INTO A PROBLEM LIKE THIS. . . CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE:eek:

CANCEL THAT I HAD THE WRONG SETTINGS FOR MY HDMI CABLE

THANKS ALL
post #57 of 60 Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
I'M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE. PLUS I THINK YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS BROKEN...
post #58 of 60 Old 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Any news on a possible recall of this disc? The dull/dark issue is kind of a buzzkill.
post #59 of 60 Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

Any news on a possible recall of this disc? The dull/dark issue is kind of a buzzkill.

Greetings,

Mark, I haven't received any word regarding a recall. If I do I will certainly advise the membership.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #60 of 60 Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,
Mark, I haven't received any word regarding a recall. If I do I will certainly advise the membership.
Regards,

Thanks Ralph. That would be great. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page