Audio Format(s): English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, English Dolby Stereo
Starring: Daniel Tosh
Directed by: Scott Zabielski
Written by: Nick Malis
Region Code: A,B,C

Blu-ray Disc release Date: June 12, 2012

"Hoodies"

Film Synopsis:

All 10 Hoodie episodes are now available on Blu-ray. Quick witted comic Daniel Tosh dissects the digital world with cutting-edge commentary on viral videos and all the brilliant idiocy of the internet.

My Take:

Tosh.0 delves into all aspects of the internet, featuring razor sharp humor and biting commentary from comedian Daniel Tosh. From the absolutely absurd to the incredibly ingenious, the series features viral clips, sketches, and "Web Redemptions" which give subjects of infamous viral videos a second chance to redeem themselves from the embarrassment with which they've become synonymous. It’s cable TV's most trusted source for exhibitionist weirdos, injurious idiots and all things Web.

My kids are fans of Tosh.O and turned me on to it. I don’t watch it consistently but catch it when I can on Comedy Central. The concept of poking fun at the ridiculousness that can be found daily on the internet is nothing new but Daniel Tosh’s comedic spin, facetious wit and wry delivery make for compelling laughs. Highlights from Tosh.O: Hoodies (season one) include News puke kid, Ladder fail guy, Drunk dunk, Afro Ninja and Miss Teen South Carolina Web Redemptions as well as guest appearances by Dave Attell, Fred Williard and Bree Olson. I find the idea of the “Web redemption” to be hilarious. The concept revolves around the subject of an embarrassing viral video being invited to sit down/reenact the situation with Tosh, in order to redeem themselves. The show is currently in its fourth season and doesn’t appear to have lost any steam. Tosh.O is far from meaningful programming but if you enjoy poking fun at the inane nonsense that frequently appears on the world wide web it makes for a pretty entertaining outlet.

Parental Guide:

This program contains adult language and situations and is not recommended for younger audiences.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

Audio: 70

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109945&d=1210373692

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109944&d=1210373692

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109943&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

Video: 78

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109945&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

Tosh.O: Hoodies comes to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount HE featuring 1080i AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 20 Mbps and lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 channel audio that has an average bitrate of 1.4 Mbps.

This high definition TV presentation boasts vibrant and pleasing colors along with fleshtones that generally appear lifelike and quite natural in depiction. Resolution is good but can be a mixed bag especially during the segments containing footage taken from the internet. Otherwise material shot in the studio and specifically for the show’s segments offer images that are resolved well with appreciable detail rendering and depth. Blacks are stable but not noticeably strong but again this has more to do with the visual style of the video. There is some intermittent digital noise that is primarily visible against light backgrounds but it isn’t detrimental. The majority of this presentation looks great and is exactly what you might expect from television based programming of this sort.

The Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio presentation is open, clear, and easily conveys the dialogue heavy elements of the subject matter. The running commentary and variety of recorded sounds are blended throughout the soundstage which allows everything to be heard but doesn’t make for a natural surround mix. This is consistent with the show’s sound quality over the air and at the end of the day it gets the job done and sounds fine.

Bonus Features:

• (HD) Extended segments/Outtakes/Digital Exclusives

Final Thoughts:

Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 delves into all aspects of the internet, featuring razor sharp humor and biting commentary from comedian Daniel Tosh. Tosh.O: Hoodies features Tosh at his facetiously wry best as he spins his special brand of humor while goofing on the inane nonsense (and people) that frequently appear on the internet. These 10 Season One episodes come to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount Home Entertainment featuring satisfying high definition audio/video quality and a bland supplemental offering that primarily consists of extended segments. I don’t consider myself a devoted fan but when I catch episodes on Comedy Central from time to time I find them pretty entertaining. If you enjoy this style of TV be sure to check out Tosh.O.

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS55 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Onkyo PR-SC5508 THX Ultra 2 Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-93 Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Furman SPR-20i Stable Power Regulator
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Tosh 0 Hoodies Blu Ray , Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player
Gear in this thread - Tosh by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page