post #91 of 97 Old 10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post

So the wife and I just watched the Avengers 3d. Bought the 3d version because of the review and wasn't disappointed. Great movie, looked and sounded fantastic, but like y'all said it was definitely lacking in good deep bass. I sit next to my Hsu vtf3.3 and it didn't get the workout I was hoping for. One thing i noticed was strange. In the darker scenes in mostly in the first half hour or so we noticed the brightness was "pumping". Using a ps3 and samsung pn58c7000. Anyone else see this at all?
From what I hear I'm gonna have to try Prometheus tomorrow and see how it is. We haven't seen it yet. Sounds like I'm gonna have to check out Cabin in the Woods too.

No but I'm only running half of your variables. PS3 to a Mit DLP. I've also viewed it with two completely different components (Samsung LCD and Sony player), still didn't notice the pumping. Both were using HDMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 10-15-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post

Not sure where else to post this so I'll ask this question here. How much do you all think that streaming this in HDX BR is degraded vs. BR Disc? Thanks.

I don't know... I have only streamed HDX 1 time (RIo), and it was not bad. However, I can still see and hear that it is not BD... If I really have to put a number, I say about 20%??
post #93 of 97 Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

I don't know... I have only streamed HDX 1 time (RIo), and it was not bad. However, I can still see and hear that it is not BD... If I really have to put a number, I say about 20%??
But though I can accept lower quality (as you pay less), the thing that got me with streaming is that you need a connection. And as Murphy Law always apply to me, my internet is down for like 10-15 mins at the time I am about to play the movie.. (and I have kids and their friends waiting for this). Glad that after that, it is back to normal and running fine.
post #94 of 97 Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The movie itself was pretty enjoyable. The 3D wasn't. I think I just don't like 3D. I have yet to see a 3D movie where the 3D enhances instead of hides the action. I'd stick to the 2D version.
post #95 of 97 Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Saw it last weekend, 3D Blu ray. Absolutely retarded. It's entertaining like Transformers with the special effects but just as stupid. When Robert Downey Jr. shows up I could swear he's thinking, "What am I getting paid to show up for this movie?" Movies like this are just good for watching stuff blow up, forget about any cool plots or story or any characterization. It looked good in 3D and the sound was fine other than that the movie itself was just pathetic. My wife walked in halfway thru, sat down for 10 mins and then got up and did laundry. She hates doing laundry. She's gone to bed without doing laundry when I put on Pawn Stars, if that doesn't tell you how much she didn't like it.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #96 of 97 Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watched it in 3D finally this weekend and it was great, a little better that Transformers dark of the moon. Awesome movie period!

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #97 of 97 Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I finally got around on seeing this movie. yes, i know i am late since its old already. But i thought the movie was great, good action all around. I have a modest setup, JBL LCR Hsu surround right and left and jbl sub 25hz. My sub played it well, vibrated my walls pretty good lol. But i don't think i will buy it smile.gif There are rumors on the web they're working on 2.. hope so!.

Hsu Research HB-1 MK2
Hsu Research Hc-1 MK2
Hsu Research VTF3 mk4 12" subwoofer
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Marvels The Avengers Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo In Blu Ray Packaging , Blu Ray Movies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page