Feature running time: 143 minutes
Genre: Action

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: AVC (MPEG-4)
Video Aspect: 1.85:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Starring: Robert Downey Jr. Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg, Mark Ruffalo, Stellan Skarsgard, Cobie Smulders
Directed by: Joss Whedon
Music by: Alan Silvestri
Written by: Joss Whedon
Region Code: A,B,C

Blu-ray Disc release Date: September 25, 2012

"Avengers Assemble!"

Film Synopsis:

Marvel makes cinematic history as it unites the Super Hero team of a lifetime. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) assemble together for the first time ever in this epic, action-packed blockbuster - alongside Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Director Joss Whedon creates an unprecedented masterpiece that has become a global phenomenon. Packed with awesome special effects, Marvel's The Avengers is the must-own movie sensation your family will watch over and over!

My Take:

I reviewed Ironman, Thor, and Captain America the first Avenger when they came to Blu-ray. I have decided to incorporate some of my comments from those reviews as those films lead us to The Avengers.

I used to love reading comics and seeing some of my favorite figures from their pages brought to life on the big screen has been well executed and pretty thrilling. I dabbled a little bit in DC comics but my heart belonged to Marvel. Spiderman was my first Marvel favorite, followed by Thor and then I picked up an Iron man comic. There was always something about Iron man that I found intriguing. I can’t say for certain whether it was Tony Stark’s money/fame/brilliance or Iron man’s vulnerable side that showed that underneath the armor was a man who was fallible but couldn’t show it. I guess it might have been the idea that potentially anyone could be Iron man once they donned the armor. For me I always thought that his armor was just so freakin’ cool.

Captain America isn’t among the more dazzling superheroes however he has been a Marvel staple that has continued to thrive. I always liked the character but didn’t collect/read his comic on a consistent basis. I was familiar with his origins, powers etc. and appreciated the attention to detail that went into developing the character for the purposes leading up to his connection with The Avengers. My connection with Thor started from reading about his exploits with The Avengers and then sporadically catching issue of his own comic. I initially tried to keep up with his extended battles/adventures that took place away from Earth but eventually lost interest. He remained a personal favorite though and I was anxious to see how he would translate to the big screen. I enjoyed Thor and the integration of the elements that would carry over into this film.

For fans the handwriting was on the wall as in addition to Thor, Captain America The first Avenger and Ironman, other Marvel films like Hulk and Ironman 2 introduced characters that would play a part in their plans to release The Avengers. Now that the pieces of the puzzle where effectively brought to life I wondered how well combining them would come off. When I heard that Joss Whedon was brought in to direct and authored the screenplay I felt that this had a shot at being something special that just might do justice to the Marvel Universe. I went to see The Avengers in the theater on opening weekend with my son and absolutely loved it.

The storyline essentially flows from the conclusion to Thor which involves his brother Loki seeking revenge on Thor by striking a bargain with the Chitauri (aliens) and attacking the earth hoping to exercise dominion over it and afterward turning over the Tesseract (a unimaginable source of power) to them. The earth’s only hope for survival is to assemble its mightiest heroes, get them to work as a team and thwart the invasion. That of course proves easier said than done for S.H.I.E.LD leader Nick Fury and his team. Come together it does and the result is an exciting, well crafted, sci-fi action/adventure that pulls together the essential components that made the best superhero films so much fun.

The production elements are everything you would expect from a big budget film and Whedon’s script is spot on with just the right touches of drama and levity to mate with the action. There are a variety of memorable moments several involving the Hulk. I won’t spoil them but if you have seen the film you know which I am referring to. My favorite character remains Ironman. Much of this is owed to Robert Downey Jr. who has made the character his own which successfully compliments the others. That isn’t to suggest that he alone carries the ball as I enjoyed Clark Gregg’s reprisal of Agent Phil Coulson, Sam Jackson’s Nick Fury and newbie Cobie Smulders’ (“How I met your Mother”) Agent Maria Hill who stole every scene she was in. Is The Avengers a perfect film? No, but in reality who cares? It takes us back to our youth via a visual experience that draws us into the world we imagined through reading the comics of our favorite superheroes. I can’t remember the last time I went to see a movie more than once in the theater but The Avengers holds that distinction. It turned out that my wife decided that she wanted to see it (she loved it too). You can’t get a more glowing endorsement than that!

The Avengers comes to Blu-ray in standard Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo and 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo offerings. This four disc set comes in a standard amaray style keep case that has an unusual disc storage configuration that uses a steeper center push button/spindles (one of each side of the case) to house two discs stacked one on top of the other. It seems to work well enough although I am not crazy about having the discs directly in contact.

The Avengers is a rousing success where the coolness and entertainment factors run high. As a fan I look forward to the next installment and hope that whatever they have in store continues in the same vein.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, and a mild drug reference.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 100

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

• Surround Sound presentation: Detail:%20%3Cimg%20src=

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

3D Presentation: 86

• Depth (Onscreen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Dimension (Beyond the screen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109945&d=1210373692

• Realism: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

The Avengers 3D comes to Blu-ray Disc from Disney featuring 1080p MVC encoded video and lossless DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 5.2 Mpbs.

I didn’t see the 3D version of The Avengers in the theater and kept my expectations of it on Blu-ray in check. Overall it was good 3D experience but not among the best that I have seen in my theater. Detail is well preserved as the image retains its high level of clarity as objects within the frame are delineated and sharp. Depth is appreciable as evidenced by the notable separation of objects or people layered in the foreground/background. There are a variety of sequences that provide a fun reach out and touch level of dimension as well as a bit of screen popping wizardry. This primarily revolves around the action that takes place during the last acts battle sequences and features protruding objects, flying arrows and descending aliens. Comparing contrast, color and skin tone reproduction I found that the 2D presentation appears a tad washed out but the difference isn’t glaring. The rendering of detail and clarity is similar and I didn’t observe any overt instances of crosstalk/ghosting.

This 7.1 channel DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack is reference quality and among the better surround sound experiences I have had in my theater room. This is an impeccably detailed, powerfully dynamic, and demonstrative surround sound presentation infused with multi-layered sound effects and bolstered by a mix that makes effective and aggressive use of the surround and LFE channels to elongate the front soundstage to reproduce the spatial, discrete sounds low frequency detail of this demanding soundtrack. The front and rear sound fields are integrated with precision which enables a seamless transference during panning sequences. The listening position is submerged into a revolving web of sound that bombards the senses with a combination of well placed effects and enveloping ambience. Dialogue is supremely articulated with excellent focus, clarity and descriptive intonation. The extended dynamic range renders the bombastic nature of battle with superlative high level sonics and authoritative bass transients that are deep, powerful and potentially timber rattling. I love deep, clean, powerful bass and this track delivers it in spades. This one is all that you might expect and won’t disappoint those with systems capable of maximizing its potential.

2D Video Quality:

Video: 90

• Resolution/Clarity: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Black level/Shadow detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Fleshtones: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373699

• Compression: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

The Avengers comes to Blu-ray Disc from Disney featuring 1080p AVC encoded video that has an average bitrate of 26 Mbps.

This is a superb looking and faithful Blu-ray presentation that delivers high level detail, razor sharpness and resolute definition that brings out the lifelike textures captured by the camera lens. Detail perception is nearly flawless with lucid visual acuity and fine rendering throughout. Colors are vividly pleasing with satisfying primaries and warm tonality. Flesh tones are a bit pallid but appear natural with appreciable delineation among the varied complexional types in the cast. Spot on contrast and inky blacks enhance sequences containing mixed content. Shadow detail is discerning which adds depth to the film’s variety of sequences shot in low lighting. On occasion the nature of the photography softens some shots but its effects are innate as fidelity appears unaffected. From what I could see there are no compression related video artifacts or noise present in this whistle clean high definition video transfer that looked superb on my big screen.

Bonus Features:

• Disc 1:

• The Avengers 3D Blu-ray

• Disc 2:

• The Avengers 2D Blu-ray (plus the following bonus content)

• Audio commentary by director Joss Whedon

• (HD) Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 – 11 minute short film (connected to the Avengers post attack/battle storyline)

• (HD) Gag reel – 4 minutes

• (HD) 8 deleted/extended scenes

• (HD) A visual journey – 6 minute featurette

• (HD) Assembling the ultimate team – 8 minute featurette

• (HD) Sound Garden “Live to rise” music video

• The Avengers Initiative: A Marvel Second Screen App - Downloading this onto a secondary Apple device or PC, consumers will be able to gain access to exclusive content

• Bonus DVD

• Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Any expectations that I had for The Avengers were easily met thanks to solid casting, apt writing/direction and big budget production values that added up to the most exciting film experience of the year. This review marked the third time I have seen it and it hasn’t lost any of its luster. It thunders onto Blu-ray in a four disc set that includes 3D/2D Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy (the subject of this review) and a standard Blu-ray/DVD combo set. It features resplendent high definition video quality and bombastic 7.1 channel DTS-HD Master Audio sound. I wasn’t blown away by the 3D presentation but it has its share of involving moments that effectively draws you into the action, especially during the last 45 minutes of the film. The supplemental offering isn’t comprehensive but offers a good mix of content that is worth exploring. If you’re set up for 3D that is the way to go but you can’t miss with either version as this is a must own Blu-ray release that will thrill fans and enthusiasts. Enjoy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS55 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Onkyo PR-SC5508 THX Ultra 2 Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-93 Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package
sheshechic likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
got the 2D blu-ray on Tuesday in the mail from Netflix... can't wait to watch it this weekend!!! I didn't see it in the theaters so I'm stoked.

great review, as always.

post #3 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Ralph,
Another good review - Thanks !!
Saw this in the theater and agree 100%, so much that buying the BR was a no-brainer. Looking forward to my HT viewing this weekend.
You might have noticed there is another thread, with widespread disappointment because of lack of ultra-low LFE.
My system is out of gas at 16Hz - so no issues for me smile.gif

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my

Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #4 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Best Summer movie hands down... I preordered a month ago and got it waiting for me on my doorstep on the day of release and am loving every bit...

post #5 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I should have the 4 disc set delivered tomorrow. I hope I am not too tired to watch it.

Mitsubishi WD-92842, Onkyo HT-S9400THX, Oppo BDP-93, XBOX 360 w/Kinect, XBOX (modded), WD My Book Essential, FiOS Bundle
post #6 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Thanks for the review, Ralph! smile.gif

I watched this one a couple of days ago and intend to watch it again in the next day two. Joss Whedon did a marvelous job with every aspect of this film. The audio, video, casting, script, and special effects were all top notch! smile.gif

oz
post #7 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Liked: 11
Great Review Ralph The Avengers is awesome on Blu-Ray. The HD Picture and the 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio Sound makes the film come alive on Blu-Ray. The whole film is awesome from Iron Man to Black Widow , Hawkeye , Thor , The Hulk and , Captain America. This is the best superhero film of the year and rightfully so.
post #8 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Great Blu-Ray of a super fun movie. The first class actors bring a lot of depth and humor to the super heros. Even Jenny Agutter, from "Logan's Run," has a cameo to make us baby boomers happy. The 3D wasn't as good as on other Blu-Rays, but everything looks and sounds so good that it hardly matters. Anyone who reads these threads should collect this at once. Your friends will thank you!
post #9 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Overall it was good 3D experience but not among the best that I have seen in my theater.
It's a filmed in 2D, and then converted to 3D in post, film.

An amateur built the Ark. Titanic was built by professionals. Of course Noah took a little advice.
post #10 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Great review Ralph. I thought the movie was okay but the TDKR was much better IMO and really looking forward to that on blu-ray. I did buy this 4 disc set though, mainly for the audio to demo in my home theater.
post #11 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 308
This film is something special and belongs in every collection. The audio is absolutely stellar. Demo disc? Why yes, yes indeed!

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #12 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_tech View Post

Great review Ralph. I thought the movie was okay but the TDKR was much better IMO and really looking forward to that on blu-ray. I did buy this 4 disc set though, mainly for the audio to demo in my home theater.

Honestly I enjoyed Avenegers far more because it wasnt a Serious Drama like TDKR, I like a mix of comedy with my action, now dont get me wrong TDKR is a great movie but you cant compare it to Avengers because they are not in the same category of movie... like I enjoyed Expendables 2 more then TDKR because again it wasnt so serious.

post #13 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 PM

yep, movie was awesome. biggrin.gif
post #14 of 97 Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

Ralph,
Another good review - Thanks !!
Saw this in the theater and agree 100%, so much that buying the BR was a no-brainer. Looking forward to my HT viewing this weekend.
You might have noticed there is another thread, with widespread disappointment because of lack of ultra-low LFE.
My system is out of gas at 16Hz - so no issues for me smile.gif

I would not let the lack of ULF keep anyone away from this one, the audio track is still fantastic and very dynamic.

I have some output down to 7 Hz with reasonable down to 12 Hz but I still allow myself to enjoy movies that don't deliver that low, although I would not complain if they all did as long as it was used properly and done well. wink.gif

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #15 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I would not let the lack of ULF keep anyone away from this one, the audio track is still fantastic and very dynamic.
I have some output down to 7 Hz with reasonable down to 12 Hz but I still allow myself to enjoy movies that don't deliver that low, although I would not complain if they all did as long as it was used properly and done well. wink.gif
Jason

Greetings,

Couldn't have said it better Jason..smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

post #16 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Liked: 10
Ralph, great review. We must be close to the same age because I remember reading all of those comics' when they were originally released smile.gif
This movie really made me feel like a twelve year old kid again. Wheadon pushed all the right buttons and wins a no prize if you know what I mean wink.gif
post #17 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The fanboys over in the bass threads make me laugh.
They are obsessed with films that only have bass that extends down into the single digit region.
So they trashed the movie.

I'am glad I waited for Ralph's fair and honest review of Avengers on BD.
100 rating for the audio!
You can't do better than that.

post #18 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 116
Wow! Pretty much sums it up for me, which was basically the same thing I said walking out of the theater. I am; however, having a tough time understanding how this release rates "only wink.gif" a 90 in picture rating (2D). Granted I've only had one viewing but I'm not sure I own a movie that has the detail that this one has. The first movie that comes to mind is Star Trek 2009 but I'd have to go back and compare. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or challenging the rating because frankly at this point it becomes about splitting hairs. I've just never had such an immediate impact as far as clarity and detail are concerned. It was almost a distraction if that makes sense.

What's really fun or continues to be fun about this movie, is the build-up of tension with Banner. And the timing of the comedic elements continue to on point. And it's always fun to catch things that you never noticed before. Might seem like an obvious one, but for example the dent Thor put in Iron Man's forehead from the headbutt. They didn't miss a trick in this one!
post #19 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Purchased the 3D edition on Tuesday but have been told to wait for the wife. I saw the 2D version in the theater and man, what a movie!! Truly this film and TDKR are among the best super hero films of all time. 100 audio??? Awesome!! Can't wait!!
post #20 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Yeah^ closet geek, I got the BD 2 days ago and have yet to view it, but the "90" in the video dept surprised me a bit too after reading a collection of reviews raving about its "reference" quality.

One of em: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4919/the_avengers_2d_2012_blu_ray_review/index.html

Oh well, I'm sure it's fantastic.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #21 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Thanks for the great review Ralph. I’d like to add that the D-Box MFX is great on this title as well. Not reference levels, but defiantly adds to the experience.
post #22 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Nice review Ralph. This is indeed a fantastic movie and I have been excited for the Bluray release ever since I seen it twice in theaters; went to the midnite release in 3D with my friends than went again the following day with my wife to the 2D show. We all loved it! Picked up the 3D Bluray 4-pack last night and went straight home to watch the 3d version. Loved it just as much as the first two times. As you said, the DTS-HD track is something special.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #23 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, so a follow up to my earlier post. My viewing last night was primarily a video viewing as it was not in my theater room so I can't speak to sound. However, the video impact of The Avengers is...as I said before, Wow! I often found myself focusing on details apart from the movie, like the details in Loki's cloak or Furry's beard among many other things. I said earlier it was almost a distraction and this is what I was referring to. But what really stood out for me was how everything looked almost like a stage production. It was a really interesting effect, one that I have never experienced before. I don't say this to suggest that things looked fake necessarily, just not a normal studio film look. I felt it really brought me into the movie and they did a great job giving it a comic book look but not in a flamboyant way, if that makes sense. Anyone else with this feel?
post #24 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thank you for the review Ralph.

"Overall it was good 3D experience but not among the best that I have seen in my theater." Which rank higher? Asking only so I can rent them and see for myself. Even though I have had a 3D set for about a year, I haven't watch much 3D content. Thanks.

post #25 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

"Overall it was good 3D experience but not among the best that I have seen in my theater." Which rank higher? Asking only so I can rent them and see for myself.
Avatar 3D, Titanic 3D, and maybe Legend Of The Guardians ?

An amateur built the Ark. Titanic was built by professionals. Of course Noah took a little advice.
post #26 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Yeah^ closet geek, I got the BD 2 days ago and have yet to view it, but the "90" in the video dept surprised me a bit too after reading a collection of reviews raving about its "reference" quality.
One of em: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4919/the_avengers_2d_2012_blu_ray_review/index.html
Oh well, I'm sure it's fantastic.
James

I liked their words in that review, but their overalls score is bad....

91% for overall movie
98% for video
95% for audio
32% for extras
79% overall...

Really, 79%? Seems like a crap movie if I just saw 79%! They didn't weigh any of the numbers, just did an average. Considering that the MAIN reasons for watching it is for the movie experience, (I mean you buy the movie and get extras for free, you don't buy the extras and hope that they throw in the movie), the "extras" section should be weighted at something less like 6.25% tops (25% of the current 25% weight) IMHO....

Ignore the extras and you get 95% overall.
Ignore the personal take on the movie plot, acting, etc, and you get 96.5%
Leave all of the scores, but giv ethe extras a more reasonable 6.25% weighting (still nice to have, but not worth a full weighting) and you get 90.75%

I know, it is a numbers game. Then again, if you got the Target version, you also got an exclusive 90 minute blu-ray with insight, interviews, comic-con chat, behind the scenes, etc info about all of the previous movies and how they came together into the Avengers. I watched it. I liked it. My "extras" were more than maybe someone elses. With all of the different exclusives these days, that still seems too subjective and it drops the score too much.

Thanks for the link none the less.

- Nick Buol

post #27 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Yea didn't expect anything less than an 100 in the audio department. Was hoping for a little more in the video department.
post #28 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post

Yea didn't expect anything less than an 100 in the audio department. Was hoping for a little more in the video department.

I suggest giving it a viewing before putting too much weight on the video rating. Maybe it's just me, my eyes and my equipment but there is nothing to me remotely disappointing video-wise with this release.
post #29 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Great review--great movie. smile.gif

Bob

post #30 of 97 Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Greetings,

Gentlemen, fear not, the video quality is excellent and essentially representative of what I saw in the theater. There were no egregious deductions. Besides the difference between a 90 and reference quality on my rating scale is minmial wink.gif

Sit back and enjoy one of the best Blu-ray release of the year.. cool.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum

Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Marvels The Avengers Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo In Blu Ray Packaging , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page