Studio and Year: 20th Century Fox - 2012
MPAA Rating: R
Feature running time: 124 minutes
Genre: Sci-Fi/Horror

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: MVC/AVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio, English/French/Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
Starring: Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, Logan Marshall-Green
Directed by: Ridley Scott
Music by: Marc Streitenfeld
Written by: Jon Spaihts & Damon Lindelof
Region Code: A

Blu-ray Disc release Date: October 9, 2012

"Questions will be answered"

Film Synopsis:

Archeologist couple Elizabeth Shaw (Rapace) and Charlie Holloway (Marshall-Green) discover a star map that they interpret as an invitation from humanity's forerunners, the “Engineers.” Determined to find out more about them, the couple boards the scientific vessel Prometheus, created and funded by Peter Weyland (Pearce), CEO of Weyland Corporation. Lead by mission director Meredith Vickers (Theron) and monitored by Weyland’s android David (Fassbender), the team of explorers find a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth and embark on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe where they fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

My Take:

Prometheus is large, grandiose and the quintessence of director Ridley Scott’s vision. The question is, as a quasi-prequel to 1979’s Alien, does it provide answers to the burning questions? I would say that it depends. I mean if you’re familiar with Alien, predominantly the first two films (but more so the first), there are obvious questions relative to what they discover prior to encountering the eggs/face huggers and what follows. From that point things take off in another direction leaving those questions dangling but not forgotten. Prometheus opens with a hovering spacecraft departing an Earth-like world, and a humanoid alien drinking a dark substance carried in a secure container. After consuming the bubbling liquid, the alien painfully starts to disintegrate and falls headlong into a waterfall. He lands in the water below and as his remains dissolve his DNA triggers a biogenetic reaction.

Fast forward to the year 2089, an archaeological expedition lead by Elizabeth Shaw and Charlie Holloway discover a star map on a cave wall in Scotland that matches others found in various but completely distinct ancient cultures. Shaw and Holloway interpret this as an invitation from the "Engineers" whom they perceive as humanity’s creators. Peter Weyland, the elderly and dying CEO of Weyland Corporation, funds the creation of the scientific exploration vessel Prometheus to follow the map to the distant moon LV-223. Elizabeth, Charlie, and the crew travel in stasis while the David an android created by Peter Weyland, monitors their voyage. Arriving in 2093, they are informed via a hologram projection of Peter Weyland of their mission to find the Engineers and the answers to humanity’s questions. Upon observing what appears to be an unnatural structure disguised to look natural on the surface they land and send a team to investigate.

What they discover inside will lead to more unanswered questions but more importantly the realization that perhaps some questions are better left that way.

I liked Prometheus. Is it a wholly satisfying film within the Alien spectrum? Probably not but it can stand alone or as a sort of bridled introduction to the original story. I will say that those not familiar with Alien will find certain aspects of the film to be veiled in some way. It is an ambitious film with probably a few too many characters. There are most definitely some plot holes and I found some scenes to be gratuitously convenient (the two guys left behind to fall victim to the snake creatures and goop? Come on). However as a fan of the genre and Alien I couldn’t help but be drawn in by Prometheus’ vastness of scope, key references, superlative production elements and convincing performances by Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron. I am very curious to see where it leads going forward as that direction will be important should an attempt be made to successfully bring the events together with Alien. Regardless I am appreciative for this film. Should they decide to leave things as is I can live with Prometheus and look forward to sitting down and watching it again.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 96

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

3D Presentation: 92

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Depth (Onscreen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Dimension (Beyond the screen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109944&d=1210373692

• Realism: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

Prometheus 3D comes to Blu-ray Disc from 20th Century Fox featuring 1080p MVC encoded video and lossless DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound that has an average bitrate of 5 Mbps.

I have watched a variety of 3D high definition video both animated and live action. Prior to the introduction of Blu-ray 3D I was never a big fan of the medium. Upon hearing of its implementation for high definition I was intrigued and looked forward to experiencing it. To this point it has been a bit of a mixed bag with very few instances of what I guess we can refer to as reference quality (on my scale) 3D presentations. Those that I have found to be ahead of the pack have truly nailed it and proven to be thoroughly involving visual experiences that enhance the subject matter for which it was created.

I was very impressed with Prometheus’ 2D video presentation and am pleased to report that in 3D the experience is all the better. Detail is preserved as the video retains its high level of clarity with objects, people and backgrounds within the frame appearing delineated and sharp. The wide angle sequences of the rocky formations in Ireland and later on the surface of LV-223 look incredible. I was amazed by the depth and realism of the three dimensional imagery. The spacing of objects/ people in the foreground/background is incredibly lifelike which serves to visually draw you in by creating a natural sense of scale as things of various shapes and sizes occupy the virtual world onscreen.

Examples can be found looking at the H.U.D in the spacesuits, the scene that features the narrow pan of the first entry into the chamber containing the giant sculpture/cylinders, or the simulation table on the bridge of the Prometheus. The best examples are the two sequences involving the activation of the star maps aboard the Engineer’s ship. Overall the 3D is done to superb effect and doesn’t resort to the sort of gimmicks that have things shooting/protruding out of the screen. That isn’t to say that there is anything wrong with the occasional use of flying objects etc. to stimulate the senses but many times this is overused and can become fatiguing. Fidelity is intact as the film’s gorgeous chromatic aesthetic, defining contrast and inky blacks bring Ridley Scott’s vision to life with aplomb. If I had to describe the experience of watching Prometheus in 3D I would describe it as completely involving. I didn’t notice any obvious signs of ghosting or 3D related anomalies. This is one of the best 3D presentations on Blu-ray to date.

The DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack is reference quality and is sure to please those who like to play their systems loud. I had high expectations for this soundtrack and this lossless audio presentation didn’t disappoint. I was treated to an impeccably detailed, powerfully dynamic, and demonstrative surround sound experience. Multi-layered sound effects are appropriately placed within the soundfield so that their purpose is definable yet never overstated. The mix makes effective and occasionally aggressive use of the surround channels to elongate the front soundstage and reproduce the spatial and discrete sounds of this demanding soundtrack. The front and rear sound fields are integrated with precision which enables a seamless transference during panning sequences. Dynamics are energy filled and impact felt with discerning articulation and resolute clarity. This is a fairly aggressive mix that utilizes the subwoofer to accentuate its already extended dynamic range. The quality of the bass is first rate as it is fills the room with clean, hard hitting, and deep resonating low frequency detail. Dialogue has excellent presence with clear, defining vocal character and noteworthy room penetration. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute with terrific soundtrack. Prometheus on Blu-ray is truly demonstrative worthy in every regard as it looks and sounds terrific.

2D Video Quality:

See my review of the 2 Disc Blu-ray Release HERE

Bonus Features:

• Disc 1:

• 3D Blu-ray - Prometheus

• Disc 2:

• 2D Blu-ray – Prometheus (including the following bonus features):

• Audio commentary by director/producer Ridley Scott

• Audio commentary by writer Jon Spaihts & writer/executive producer Damon Lindelof

• (HD)The Peter Weyland files:
    1. Quiet eyes: Elizabeth Shaw – 2 minutes
    2. Happy Birthday, David – 2 minutes
    3. Prometheus transmission – 7 minutes
    4. TED Conference, 2023 – 7 minutes
  • (HD)14 Deleted & Alternate scenes including an alternate opening/ending

• Prometheus – Weyland Corp Archive Second Screen App

• Disc 3: Bonus features:

• (HD) The Furious Gods: Making of Prometheus: (9 featurettes with optional interactive feature that branches off to enhancement pods, galleries, screen tests and more)
    1. Conquest of paradise: Renewing the story – 20 minutes
    2. Under the pyramid: LV-223 – 25 minutes
    3. Reverse engineering: USCSS Prometheus – 17 minutes
    4. The human manifest: Casting and costumes – 25 minutes
    5. A world without green: Pinewood Studios, 2011 – 24 minutes
    6. Demons in the dark: Creature design – 28 minutes
    7. Hazard pay: Stunts and action – 24 minutes
    8. Fire from the sky: Visual effects – 24 minutes
    9. Prometheus unbound: Post-production and release – 30 minutes
  • (HD) Enhancement Pods (23 segments)

• Weyland Corp Archive
    1. Pre-production – pre-visualizations and concept art
    2. Production – Screen tests, unit photography
    3. Release – Trailers, TV Spots, Promotional features, HBO First Look, Gallery
    4. Prometheus Mobile App
  • Bonus DVD

• Digital Copy

Final Thoughts:

Prometheus isn’t perfect but it strives to be and is more than the total sum of its parts. Ridley Scott’s vision brought to life is grandiose, engaging and in tune with the quintessence of what made Alien special. It comes to Blu-ray from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment in this spectacular 4 disc package that features superlative 3D video, reference quality 7.1 channel lossless sound and a comprehensive supplemental offering that takes viewers deep inside the world of Prometheus. Prometheus is highly recommended viewing and this terrific Blu-ray release is just the ticket. Enjoy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS55 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Onkyo PR-SC5508 THX Ultra 2 Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-93 Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package
Vico38 likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Hi Ralph! Now this is why I got into "home Theater" in the first place some 20+ years ago ! And Mr. Scott has delivered in spades an instant classic that will become a cult classic in the years to come. The film starts and locks you in with the feeling of apprehension of whats to come, even though you maybe familiar with the story line and what awaits it doesn't disappoint! Sure its more questions but that's a win for me as the movie left me wanting more!

Let me say this last thing What are the detractors gives this Blu-ray disc a rating of 96 for audio and video? It's clearly an 100 based on the respectable movies that have garnered the prized 100 rating! In an head to head with "Avatar" for 2d ?mind you, Prometheus has the edge! As for audio the infrasonic pants flapping lows and surreal sound track that's masterfully mixed that helps immerse one further into the movie. As you may be able to tell I loved it and can't wait to watch it again. Finally a Sci-Fi movie to right home about!
post #3 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 68
A pity that this fine film has so many detractors. One could nit-pick ANY movie to crumbs but I enjoyed it theatrically and happy to have it at home. Personally, I feel that some of the deleted scenes should never have been excised from the movie. And I do hope the second film goes into production...but if not, I agree that it's a must-own for any SF (and/or home theater) lover..

post #4 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I enjoyed the movie in 2D in the theater; and although I'm not a 3D fan and my home system is not fully 3D capable, I did buy this version for the extras

the first hour of the movie is fantastic, the audio and visuals are spectacular throughout and I like how the stage has been set for and look forward to any sequel(s)

I attribute the soft spots to the collaboration with Lindelof and hope Ridley reviews any contributions he may make in any follow up(s)
post #5 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Hi Ralph! Now this is why I got into "home Theater" in the first place some 20+ years ago ! And Mr. Scott has delivered in spades an instant classic that will become a cult classic in the years to come. The film starts and locks you in with the feeling of apprehension of whats to come, even though you maybe familiar with the story line and what awaits it doesn't disappoint! Sure its more questions but that's a win for me as the movie left me wanting more!
Let me say this last thing What are the detractors gives this Blu-ray disc a rating of 96 for audio and video? It's clearly an 100 based on the respectable movies that have garnered the prized 100 rating! In an head to head with "Avatar" for 2d ?mind you, Prometheus has the edge! As for audio the infrasonic pants flapping lows and surreal sound track that's masterfully mixed that helps immerse one further into the movie. As you may be able to tell I loved it and can't wait to watch it again. Finally a Sci-Fi movie to right home about!

I'm looking forward to watch this movie this week, never seen it so hopefully I have the same outcome. Btw thanks again Ralph. smile.gif

Frank

post #6 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Having seen Prometheus 4X in 3D at the theater, I watched the 3D BR version 2X and the 2D version once on BR. It is apparent that the trade off with 3D is loss of brightness because one is wearing the equivalent of sun glasses, resulting in the dimmer picture that also loses detail. It was somewhat surprising to watch the 2D version and come to the conclusion that the 2D version is brighter and has more detail, and frankly, looks better. The film itself is great, but the loss of brightness and detail may ultimately doom 3D to an also ran, making 3D a niche player in the BR market.
mtbdudex and Rob West like this.
post #7 of 91 Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Hi,
Can anyone please tell if the bluray has the movie trailer in 7.1 DTSHDMA?
Thank you.
post #8 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 249
For my taste, I found the 3D to be very dark and therefor a lack of detail as compared to the 2D version. Yes the depth is good but not much better if any better than using a 3D LUT 125 point calibration for the 2D version on my VT50.

imo when viewing a 3D very dark movie as this one without much "Dimension (Beyond the screen):" , whats the point as long as you are getting the same depth using the 2D version.

Now with a movie like Titanic 3D (brighter) there is no comparison to the 2D version, its worth using the 3D glasses for.
I hope that the new 3D Avatar version will be more like the Titanic 3D. Anyway I like the novelty of things coming out of the screen, and for the depth part I can have that with the brighter 2D version.

ss
post #9 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

Having seen Prometheus 4X in 3D at the theater, I watched the 3D BR version 2X and the 2D version once on BR. It is apparent that the trade off with 3D is loss of brightness because one is wearing the equivalent of sun glasses, resulting in the dimmer picture that also loses detail. It was somewhat surprising to watch the 2D version and come to the conclusion that the 2D version is brighter and has more detail, and frankly, looks better. The film itself is great, but the loss of brightness and detail may ultimately doom 3D to an also ran, making 3D a niche player in the BR market.

Do most sets have a 3D brightness adjustment? Mine does and it looked great. No loss of detail.

Kaboom.
post #10 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

For my taste, I found the 3D to be very dark and therefor a lack of detail as compared to the 2D version. Yes the depth is good but not much better if any better than using a 3D LUT 125 point calibration for the 2D version on my VT50.

Odd. I projected this onto a rather large screen, and the image was surprisingly bright for a movie which had lot of dark scenes. I didn't have any of the typical problems I run into with a lot of 3D movies (Blur, Ghosting, Darkness) with this movie. I know that both different sets of glasses I use have multiple levels of brightness (Usually it's a sacrifice - Brightness for Ghosting) but on both kinds of glasses (Sony and Monster3D) it was ghost-free and plenty bright.
post #11 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post

Do most sets have a 3D brightness adjustment? Mine does and it looked great. No loss of detail.

That's a good idea.
post #12 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
The 3D was very easy on the eyes, plenty bright and detailed on my setup and, hey, the movie was shot natively in 3D. If you have the means, why would you watch it in 2D? Isn't watching it in 2D taking away from the director's intent?

post #13 of 91 Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Liked: 16
The film was unforgivably flawed with characters acting and reacting unrealistically at virtually every turn. Realism is carelessly subverted for the sake of adhering to predictable plot paradigms, making immersion impossible. I could reel off about twelve utterly inane scenes but I would reveal too much to those who haven't had the displeasure of viewing this mess. I will allude to one UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE bit of doggie-doo; the self-evisceration and the unbelievable scenes that follow. Nuff said!
romance likes this.
post #14 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARQMAGE View Post

The film was unforgivably flawed with characters acting and reacting unrealistically at virtually every turn. Realism is carelessly subverted for the sake of adhering to predictable plot paradigms, making immersion impossible. I could reel off about twelve utterly inane scenes but I would reveal too much to those who haven't had the displeasure of viewing this mess. I will allude to one UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE bit of doggie-doo; the self-evisceration and the unbelievable scenes that follow. Nuff said!

Finally! Someone who actually saw this movie. What a disaster.
romance likes this.

post #15 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
I've watched this now in 3D at the theatres and 2D at home.

Surprisingly, the the plot holes and questionable actions of certain characters did not detract from my enjoyment of the film - I liked the grandiose, overall arc of the movie as a whole, along with the themes it presented, and those were the elements I latched onto. This film reminds of movies where the ideas get ahead of the story - something like The Fountain, a flawed film which lacked cohesion and felt disjointed, but nevertheless explored some interesting themes and presented beautiful visuals.
post #16 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

imo when viewing a 3D very dark movie as this one without much "Dimension (Beyond the screen):" , whats the point as long as you are getting the same depth using the 2D version.
Now with a movie like Titanic 3D (brighter) there is no comparison to the 2D version, its worth using the 3D glasses for.
I hope that the new 3D Avatar version will be more like the Titanic 3D. Anyway I like the novelty of things coming out of the screen, and for the depth part I can have that with the brighter 2D version.
ss

It will be you display not being bright enough, i watched this on my Epson 6010 and i had no issues with the brightness and this is on a 120" screen.
post #17 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Once again Ralph, we agree on a film smile.gif. This was a blind buy for me and it had it's faults but, for a blockbuster style Sci-Fi flick it had enough of the good stuff (maybe too much wink.gif) to keep my interest. i enjoyed the sound and amazing CG.
Will watch it again as there was too much to take in for one viewing.
Rob West likes this.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #18 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Liked: 16
Ralph I thought your review was spot on!!! The story line was good enough to keep us interested for the 2 plus hours and hopefully they can add a sequel later .

I loved the details and colors they used in this film.
Great audio mix overall especially the Surrounds and LFE!!!

I picked up the 3D version just because it has the extras which hopefully can be looked at soon.
post #19 of 91 Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARQMAGE View Post

I couldn't have said it any better. This movie was a huge disappointment. I really thought we were returning back to the grittiness and realistic characters of Alien and what we got was another sanitized and unrealistic action movie. The heroine gets banged around (internally and externally) the whole movie yet still is able to run and jump like an Olympic athlete at the end of the movie. The movie was filled with Transformers like physics and characterizations and the ship they were on looked like they were staying at the Wynn hotel in Vegas. What happened to that dirty and claustrophobic ship from Alien.

I am shocked that the person who directed this and Alien are the same person. I guess Scott has really gotten old and tired because this movie is a by the book and generic science fiction film that you would see on the sci-fi channel. And everybody gives Fassbender a free pass in this movie but he was one of the films big problems. In Alien the robot acted like a robot, not a charming rogue with a quick wit. One of the best scenes in Alien was when the robot tries to kill Ripley. It was brutal and jarring. The robot in Prometheus acted like Data from Star Trek, put in there for comic relief. Every stereotype that is prevalent in today's shallow blockbusters was put into Prometheus. It was a horrible movie that will age badly.
romance likes this.
post #20 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

I enjoyed the film more on BD than when I saw in the theaters. I appreciated it more for a standalone film, as opposed to an Alien prequel. I felt Noomi Rapace, Chalize and Michael Fassbinder were all great for their roles. The conclusion also leads to a natural sequel!

I found the presentation flawless!! The picture was superb!! Detailed, colorful and sharp. The audio presentation will likely equal Tron (Legacy) as the best 7.1 mix out there!!
post #21 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Finally getting a chance to watch this tonight. If its good will buy.

Frank

post #22 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 AM

Great review!

My wife and I loved this movie when we saw it during the theatrical run. We just watched it again on Blu-Ray & it's still amazing.
post #23 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just finished watching it and have to agree with your review (2D), PQ and AQ top notch Ralph. The movie itself I really enjoyed it definitely will be adding it to my collection. Definitely has replay value.

Frank

post #24 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM

brightness will vary depending on make and model of TV. My LG Automatically gets noticeably brighter when put into 3D viewing. Avatar was the Best 3D movie YTD in my opinion. In addition if you have any problems with loss of detail in 3d clarity i have noticed just by toying around if you double up your passive lenses the 3d becomes more crisp. Different set of glasses have different thickness of lenses. This does make a difference in passive viewing experience. All in all no 3d is perfect but Avatar is the closest thing I have seen to it
post #25 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I saw the plot holes. I realize that this movie had elements of WTF. I still enjoyed it because its a FREAKING MOVIE.

Kaboom.
post #26 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Thought this film was great! Just need to go through the 7hrs of extras to hopefully get some of my questions answered.
post #27 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
The worst movie that should have been good in years. It's a Saturday morning SciFi channel script with $10000000000 graphics budget. I'm beginning to think directors really think people are generally too stupid to follow an actual story with a plot.
romance likes this.
post #28 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Awesome movie and the 2D blu ray looks and sounds phenomenal in my home cinema.

post #29 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamE55 View Post

Thought this film was great! Just need to go through the 7hrs of extras to hopefully get some of my questions answered.

Greetings,

JamE55! Haven't seen you around in a while. Good to see you back.. smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #30 of 91 Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM

Liked: 11
Couldn't disagree with you more. It was a very good film, well acted, well scripted and gave a super intro to the alien films.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Prometheus Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page