post #151 of 163 Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

2.40 shots looked soft to me as well. Also skin tones seemed way too orange and/or saturated. Almost made me want to lower the color on my TV.

Way too orange and I'm surprised more haven't mentioned that! Check the bar scene with Selena.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 163 Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Another great review for another great movie ! 2/3 movies i bought boxing day...zero failure here, epic movie for a great series....thought the storyline was fantastic, picture was good, sound was excellent....my only complaint was the " Robin " newbie, he was bad throughout the movie, only blemish....another great add to the collection. I had no issues with the Bane vocals at all....all good and a happy purchase.

Def Tech BP 2000's

Def Tech BPVX Surrounds

Polk Monitor 70's Wired Together Center Channel

Dual Elemental Design A5-350 Subs

Epson 2030 Projector

Screen Goo Self 120 Inch Screen

Sony Blu Ray

Carver Sunfire TGIII Receiver

post #153 of 163 Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I went back to compare the PQ of DKR to DK and its not even close...DK looks like a ridiculously EE'd dvd when compared to DKR. Definately a big improvement. Overall DK is a better film mainly due to DKR completely tanking in the final 20 minutes! I thought the Dark Knight ended perfectly!

Quote:
my only complaint was the " Robin " newbie, he was bad throughout the movie, only blemish..
Not sure how you come to that conclusion...I do think CN should've al least used the actual name and not played around with `RObin'. I had issues Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
with Bane's demise as well as Miss Al Ghul!
My wife finally sat down and watched it with me and had MAJOR issues with understanding Bane even with the enhanced audio!! THere were two scenes where I had no clue what Bane said with @ elast one line!mad.gif
ANYONE else wonder what happened to the.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
scene where Bane shoves one of his thugs away from Batman after he breaks his back??
OUt of the three films this one definately has the most plot holes and is the most flawed...Still a very well done series by Mr. nolan!!

DID anyone notice that Bale slips into a two word `Boston' accent during the first scene in the Batman when he is discussing Selina with Alfred???
post #154 of 163 Old 01-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Tdkr is louder on full volume dts ma audio when compared with the previous two. Even at low volume its still loud. The picture quality is better. The imax is 1.85 while the regular scenes are 2.40.1. At the end of the film the credits say that this movie was filmed and finished on film. When will nolan film digital? Probably on his next film.
post #155 of 163 Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

Tdkr is louder on full volume dts ma audio when compared with the previous two. Even at low volume its still loud. The picture quality is better. The imax is 1.85 while the regular scenes are 2.40.1. At the end of the film the credits say that this movie was filmed and finished on film. When will nolan film digital? Probably on his next film.

1) The IMAX shots were cropped to 1.78:1.

2) Nolan prefers film over digital. He uses digital in some necessary instances though, like for shots with more CGI or that require a higher framerate (like the slow-motion shots in Inception). I don't think his next film will be digital.
post #156 of 163 Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Liked: 10
Seems like the bass/effects volume is HEAVY compared with dialogue.

If I turned volume loud enough to clearly hear the first couple speeches (end of ch1/beginning ch2), I would be pulverized by the opening action scene. [Something about dual XV15s probably doesn't help that wink.gif ]
post #157 of 163 Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I loved the movie. One of the best.

But I had dialog intelligibility problems.

A few things, despite my wonderful, acoustically treated room with full DSP and EQ by a pro, my wife and I had difficulties hearing a number of lines in this film (Bane, however, was loud and clear). Just quiet lines, not many lines that came during loud action sequences. It was disappointing.

I watched on a 14' wide CIH 2.40 screen and didn't even realize their were IMAX changes in aspect ratio.. The video looked stellar. Reference.

Excellent review though I'll quibble with Ralph's assessment of the dialog. smile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #158 of 163 Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

The special features on the movie are pretty good. Batmobile doc is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSutton View Post

Seems like the bass/effects volume is HEAVY compared with dialogue.
If I turned volume loud enough to clearly hear the first couple speeches (end of ch1/beginning ch2), I would be pulverized by the opening action scene. [Something about dual XV15s probably doesn't help that wink.gif ]
post #159 of 163 Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM

Liked: 16
just watched this last night. i enjoyed it, but never did have any issues with dialogue. But i thought the sound track was a bit low on the down side. Cat women was cute smile.gif
post #160 of 163 Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Just got finished watching TDKR for the second time yesterday. I had the added bonus of using this film to break in my new Outlaw LFM-1 EX subwoofer, so needless to say I enjoyed it even more this time. I had no issues with dialog and the LFE in this movie is incredible!!! I did feel that the overall story was a bit lacking, but when considering it as part of the 3 film series I think it was quite a fitting ending. Thanks for the review Ralph!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #161 of 163 Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Just watched my BD of TDKR for the very first time on Friday.
It had been sitting on my shelf, collecting dust since I picked it up, way back on December 4th.
Never saw the movie during its theatrical run.
Loved the film and didn't have any problems understanding what Bane was saying.
Of the three Nolan/Bale flicks, TDKR IMHO, is the best one.

This movie is a bassaholics delight.

The opening scene when the HUGE plane roars into view and fly's above the smaller plane.
My whole room shook.

Chapter 5, when the cops think they have Batman trapped, in a dark dead end alley.
He escapes in The Bat.
When that thing fires up and takes off, flying over the cops, I could feel waves of
bass energy build up as my room shook.

I now have a new demo disc. smile.gif

post #162 of 163 Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Just watched my BD of TDKR for the very first time on Friday.
It had been sitting on my shelf, collecting dust since I picked it up, way back on December 4th.
Never saw the movie during its theatrical run.
Loved the film and didn't have any problems understanding what Bane was saying.
Of the three Nolan/Bale flicks, TDKR, IMHO, is the best one.

This movie is a bassaholics delight.

The opening scene when the HUGE plane roars into view and fly's above the smaller plane.
My whole room shook.

Chapter 5, when the cops think they have Batman trapped, in a dark dead end alley.
He escapes in The Bat.
When that thing fires up and takes off, flying over the cops, I could feel waves of
bass energy build up as my room shook.

I now have a new demo disc. smile.gif

post #163 of 163 Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Any trouble double posting on avsforum? Mobile version.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Dark Knight Rises Blu Ray Dvd Combo Ultraviolet Digital Copy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page