post #31 of 36 Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Totally agree that the film leaves the door wide open for another installment. Too much so, in my opinion. I felt that the ending left me with the feeling that I had seen only the first half of a movie. Other than taking care of the immediate need, no other issues were resolved. I too felt that the rooftop scene and the motorbike chase had all been done in the earlier Bourne films. Some twists to reboot the series, but other than a change in evil higher ups and the main character, this was pretty much a rehash. So having said all that, based on the audio and video scores, I may take a look at this on my home theater when it hits the bargain basket. Thanks for confirming my feelings on this movie.

Thank you much, you saved reply work for me as you are spot on. Could not believe that it ended where it did.

Please, Dumb It Down For Me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvasko View Post

Thank you much, you saved reply work for me as you are spot on. Could not believe that it ended where it did.

Not sure what you guys were expecting when you went in to see this movie. A spy movie with no chase scenes in it?

I think that if you're gonna go see a movie that's notorious for this type of action, then why are you let down that it gave you what was to be expected for this type of movie?

We all know the basic premise of these movies. Treadstone and anyone affiliated it had to be shut down. For most of those people that meant being killed. biggrin.gif

So where else could this story have gone in this 4th 1? Them just saying "Awww you know what, let's let them all live, we don't need to kill all these people. The whole Treadstone thing was a big mess, but lets just let by gone be by gones, come on everyone... group hug!"

I thought it was great to see the whole thing from a different POV. And see how it affected other people involved besides just Jason Bourne.

And when this 4th ended, how else could it have ended?

Aaron Cross decides to not run like Jason Bourne did in the other movies? Just have him say to hell with it, go ahead and kill me, I don't really want to run for the rest of my life from this?

I think the ending was perfect even though it was the ending we all pretty much expected.

And if the next 1 truly does have Jason Bourne in it with Aaron Cross, I think that's gonna be 1 helluva damn good flick. biggrin.gif

Seriously though guys what else could you have expected to see in this movie? What direction would YOU have like to have seen this movie go in?

Cause for me honestly I don't see how it could have gone in any other way.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #33 of 36 Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Liked: 11
Jeremey Renner is a beast anyone to chirp this movie because Damon's not in it doesn't know much, Damon's awesome, but Renner is the future, such an explosive intense actor, everyone wants to watch this guy, like who couldent like this movie, hes 10x more explosive in his fight scenes then anyone doing it right, does most of his own stunts , isnt a pussy so they get awesome shots of him doing crazy **** cause they dont gota film a stunt double from the side, The Hurt Locker, The Town anything this guys done in the last few years is beast mode.. anyone to say otherwise is just pure hater and likes to argue, great movie, would love to see him Cross and Bourne meet up and put a hurtin on the system yeee boi!
post #34 of 36 Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I tried watching the Bourne Supremacy on TV the other night, and I just couldn't.

I used to really like that movie but after seeing Jeremy Renner and this new take on the Bourne series, I can't watch the older movies anymore. This new one just blows the older ones away in so many ways.

1 Mitsubishi WD-82642 82" TV
1 Onkyo TX-NR929 11.4 setup
2 Emotiva XPA-5's
1 Emotiva XPA-100
1 Definitive Technology CLR 3000 (Center)
2 Definitive Technology BP2004TL's (Mains)
2 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Heights)
6 Definitive Technology BPX's (Rears Wides Sides)
4 CHT VS-18.1 Subs
post #35 of 36 Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post

I tried watching the Bourne Supremacy on TV the other night, and I just couldn't.

I used to really like that movie but after seeing Jeremy Renner and this new take on the Bourne series, I can't watch the older movies anymore. This new one just blows the older ones away in so many ways.

I really enjoyed this movie although I kind of avoided it at first thinking it would be nothing new in comparison to the trilogy. Then I remembered The Hurt Locker where I got introduced to Jeremy .i liked him in that movie.
post #36 of 36 Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by iballin88 View Post

Jeremey Renner is a beast anyone to chirp this movie because Damon's not in it doesn't know much, Damon's awesome, but Renner is the future, such an explosive intense actor, everyone wants to watch this guy, like who couldent like this movie, hes 10x more explosive in his fight scenes then anyone doing it right, does most of his own stunts , isnt a pussy so they get awesome shots of him doing crazy **** cause they dont gota film a stunt double from the side, The Hurt Locker, The Town anything this guys done in the last few years is beast mode.. anyone to say otherwise is just pure hater and likes to argue, great movie, would love to see him Cross and Bourne meet up and put a hurtin on the system yeee boi!

I think that is the longest sentence I have ever read.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , The Bourne Legacy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page