Ralph Potts on Twit.tv show with Scott Wilkinson - Get the Inside Scoop on our official AVS Blu-ray Reviewer - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Scott & Ralph I wish to the both of you a Happy New year.

Ralph ? I wonder with a little added bonus at the end of your reviews what would be the best pop corn or movie snack that the families enjoy.

I know some stores sell pop corn that's so bad that you might as well drink a cut of vegetable oil instead of eating the pop corn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoda View Post

Hi Ralph:
Good show. Nice setup at your house too. Just a quick note about the Spears and Munsil cal disc - it's out of print. Emailed Stacey Spears and she told me that they are working on a new version to be released early 2013. It will also have a calibration routine for 3D. Keep up the great work Ralph. Thanks.
I may have to pick this up it you are able to calibrate 3D. I got my Panasonic Plasma calibrated by an ISF technician, but at the time they did not calibrate 3D. I was told there were no standards to go by to calibrate 3D like there is for 2D.
post #33 of 38 Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

...Ralph ? I wonder with a little added bonus at the end of your reviews what would be the best pop corn or movie snack that the families enjoy.
I know some stores sell pop corn that's so bad that you might as well drink a cut of vegetable oil instead of eating the pop corn.
Not speaking for Ralph but....forget any type of microwave popcorn. Everything about it (except convenience) is bad. Buy an air popper for popcorn. Also buy butter flavored Pam type spray and spray lightly as the popcorn pops and falls out of the popper and into the bowl, then lightly salt. Also you can season with grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, ground cinnamon,.... Also another good "corn" option. Corn chips (read ingredient list and there should only be 3 main: Corn, veg oil and salt) and salsa. Also I like to make a salsa mix of 75% salsa and 25% non fat plain greek yogurt. Another GREAT snack is a cut veggie tray. You can eat as much as you want with NO guilt and only quality nutrition.
post #34 of 38 Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Not speaking for Ralph but....forget any type of microwave popcorn. Everything about it (except convenience) is bad. Buy an air popper for popcorn. Also buy butter flavored Pam type spray and spray lightly as the popcorn pops and falls out of the popper and into the bowl, then lightly salt. Also you can season with grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, ground cinnamon,.... Also another good "corn" option. Corn chips (read ingredient list and there should only be 3 main: Corn, veg oil and salt) and salsa. Also I like to make a salsa mix of 75% salsa and 25% non fat plain greek yogurt. Another GREAT snack is a cut veggie tray. You can eat as much as you want with NO guilt and only quality nutrition.

Greetings,

I couldn't have said it better William. Thanks for posting this and providing excellent options..smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #35 of 38 Old 01-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Liked: 18
Hi Ralph

Just got finished watching the show. Great job!

I've been reading your reviews here for years so it was really cool to be able to hear the man responsible for all those words. In fact, I'd give what I'm calling "The Ralph Potts audio experience" a rating of 100 out of 100. biggrin.gif

A note on Homeland...

If you were transfixed by season one, please go out of your way to watch season two when the Blu-ray is available. Even if you don't have to review it. As phenomenal as season one was (and it was phenomenal) they actually managed to make season two even better. I know, hard to believe but it's true.

Keep up the great work and happy viewing!
post #36 of 38 Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGigaShadow View Post

Hi Ralph
Just got finished watching the show. Great job!
I've been reading your reviews here for years so it was really cool to be able to hear the man responsible for all those words. In fact, I'd give what I'm calling "The Ralph Potts audio experience" a rating of 100 out of 100. biggrin.gif
A note on Homeland...
If you were transfixed by season one, please go out of your way to watch season two when the Blu-ray is available. Even if you don't have to review it. As phenomenal as season one was (and it was phenomenal) they actually managed to make season two even better. I know, hard to believe but it's true.
Keep up the great work and happy viewing!

Greetings,

I am glad that you enjoyed the show. Thanks for watching, taking the time to comment and for the support over the years. smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up on Homeland too....cool.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #37 of 38 Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Liked: 22
Just watched your interview, and I have to tell you ,what a great job you did. First time watching on my 55" plasma through my Apple TV. I must say, Scott needs to back a way from the camera a little bit.

John Burton

post #38 of 38 Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfixitBIG View Post

Just watched your interview, and I have to tell you ,what a great job you did. First time watching on my 55" plasma through my Apple TV. I must say, Scott needs to back a way from the camera a little bit.

Greetings,

Thanks IfixitBIG. Much appreciated..smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version