Studio and Year: Paramount - 1986
MPAA Rating: PG
Feature running time: 109 minutes
Genre: Drama

Disc Format: BD-50
Encoding: MVC/AVC
Video Aspect: 2.40:1
Resolution: 1080p/24

Audio Format(s): English DTS-HD 6.1 Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French/Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Starring: Tom Cruise , Anthony Edwards , Val Kilmer , Kelly McGillis, Tom Skerritt, Michael Ironside, John Stockwell, Meg Ryan Rick Rossovich, Whip Hubley, Adrian Pasdar
Directed by: Tony Scott
Music by: Harold Faltermeyer
Written by: Jim Cash & Jack Epps Jr.
Region Code: A,B,C

Blu-ray Disc release Date: February 19, 2013

"I feel the need, the need for speed"

Film Synopsis:

Top Gun takes a look at the danger and excitement that awaits every pilot at the Navy's prestigious fighter weapons school. Tom Cruise is superb as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, a daring young flyer who's out to become the best of the best. And Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches Maverick a few things you can't learn in a classroom.

My Take:

It should be noted that I reviewed the 2D Blu-ray release of Top Gun in August 2011. This release includes that original disc which contains the same 2D video/audio/features. Along with the new 3D version of the film the other addition is an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. This review will cover the 3D presentation and will include my original comments/score of the audio quality. For coverage of 2D video/bonus features you can refer to my earlier review which can be found here:

Top Gun: 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Review

I can’t help but find it hard to believe that Top Gun came out 25 years ago. I saw it in the theater and remember the hype that surrounded it. Watching it now it seems derivative and passé but back then it was slick, fresh and eclectic. Its blockbuster status was evident and the action was and still is engaging. The production elements hold up very well thanks to Jeffrey Kimball’s superb cinematography, lots of spectacular aerial work and the use of very few special effects. The script is a little narrow with varying levels of cheesy dialogue but the nostalgia factor runs high with plenty of memorable/quotable lines. The music soundtrack is one of the decade’s best and really helps to drive the storyline. Like him or not there is no denying Tom Cruise’s star power and this film helped propel him to superstar status.

He headed a cast of young talent, some of whom would go onto to impressive careers of their own. This includes Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, Tim Robbins, and Meg Ryan. Tom Skeritt and Michael Ironside are spot on as the gruff naval veterans seeking to tame the testosterone fueled proceedings. I have never thought that Kelly McGillis’ star was all that bright. After doing “Witness” with Harrison Ford her appearance in this film tossed her into the national spotlight. Other than “The Accused” with Jodie Foster she really didn’t make any follow ups worthy of note (although I like The Winter people with Kurt Russell). The chemistry between she and Cruise is mediocre at best which leaves the romantic elements in Top Gun adding very little. It’s the comradery between Maverick and Goose (Cruise and Edwards make a great pair), the over the top design of the young pilot core, and the high flying adrenaline that make this film fun to watch. 25 years later I found myself nearly as entertained as I was the first time I saw it. There is indeed something to be said for that.

Parental Guide:

The rating is for language, brief sensuality and thematic content.

AUDIO/VIDEO - By The Numbers:
REFERENCE = 92-100 / EXCELLENT = 83-91 / GOOD = 74-82 / AVERAGE = 65-73 / BELOW AVERAGE = under 65

**My audio/video ratings are based upon a comparative made against other high definition media/blu-ray disc.**

Audio: 86

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Dynamics: attachment.php?attachmentid=109946&d=1210373699

• Low frequency extension: attachment.php?attachmentid=109945&d=1210373699

• Surround Sound presentation: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373699

• Dialogue Reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373699

3D Presentation: 86

(Each rating is worth 4 points with a max of 5 per category)

• Depth (Onscreen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Dimension (Beyond the screen): attachment.php?attachmentid=109943&d=1210373692

• Realism: attachment.php?attachmentid=109947&d=1210373692

• Clarity/Detail: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

• Color reproduction: attachment.php?attachmentid=109948&d=1210373692

Top Gun 3D comes to Blu-ray Disc from Paramount Home Enetertainment featuring 1080p MVC encoded video and lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and DTS-HD 6.1 Master Audio sound that average 3.7 Mbps.

Top Gun wasn’t shot natively in 3D but was converted in post- production. Top Gun was re-mastered from high resolution original negative scans and painstakingly converted to 3D by Legend3D under the supervision of the film’s director, Tony Scott. The outcome is a satisfying viewing experience that easily surpasses any previous high definition release. It lacks the polish and refinement of the best catalog release offerings I have seen on Blu-ray but there are moments where it shines just the same. Going into this review I wondered how the film’s original elements and grainy visual aesthetic would look in 3D. I was pleased to see that it is reproduced with aplomb. High definition dimensionality and apparent resolution is identical to the 2D presentation. Comparing white/black levels, color and skin tone reproduction to the 2D presentation I found them to be similar as well.

The plethora of aerial shots and wide angle cinematography would look terrific 3D and benefit from the added dimension. Depth is appreciable as evidenced by the near field detection of objects and/or people layered in the foreground/background which creates a perceptible sense of virtual space. There is little use of 3D imagery that goes beyond the screen’s borders but natural dimensionality abounds which enhances the “being there” effect. I wasn’t drawn out of the film by odd looking proportions or hokey 3D for 3D’s sake. In fact I would say that it was just the opposite. I didn’t notice any distracting instances of crosstalk or other video related anomalies. I really enjoyed watching Top Gun in 3D which in my opinion bests the 2D presentation and enhances the overall experience of a great film.

This film’s soundtrack was highly regarded in the early days of home video. It translates very well via either of these lossless offerings and sounds great. I watched the entire film using the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack and later went back to watched key sequences in DTS-HD 6.1 Master Audio. The F14/MIG 28 battle/flying sequences and music are the track’s centerpieces. The rousing original music and pop soundtrack sound smooth, refined and dynamically satisfying as it fills the listening area. The surround mix can be fairly active and features a plethora of panning effects that use the sidewalls and rear of the room to convey flybys, flyovers and side to side near field effects. Low frequency effects and dynamic range are quantifiable but don’t achieve the level of room energizing, china breaking levels that we typically see with newer digital movie soundtracks of this type. Dialogue intelligibility is never a problem as vocal reproduction exhibits crystal clear intonation and discerning room penetration. There is aspects of this presentation that border on sounded dated however I found the overall outcome to be quite good for a 25 year old film.

Final Thoughts:

Looking at Top Gun now I find it to be an entertaining slice of 80’s nostalgia that manages to retain much of what made it special back in the day. This 3D Blu-ray Disc offering from Paramount Home Entertainment gives fans the opportunity to delight in a complimentary 3D conversion that invigorates this 25 year old classic. This release marks the fourth high definition home video release of Top Gun. If you’re a 3D fan this is worth considering especially if the price is right. For those that are contemplating an upgrade from DVD this version is the one to own. If you have never seen Top Gun I suggest you drop it into your rental queue and give it a spin on Blu-ray.

attachment.php?attachmentid=109949&d=1210373731

Ralph Potts
AVS Forum Blu-ray Reviews

Reference Review System:

JVC DLA-RS55 3D Ready 1080p High Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Calman 5 & C6 Meter from Spectracal)
Stewart Filmscreen - Studiotek 130 G3 100” 16x9 Screen
Onkyo PR-SC5508 THX Ultra 2 Audio/Video Processor
Sherbourn Technologies - 7/200 Seven Channel Amplifier
Oppo BDP-103 Universal Disc/3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D capable Blu-ray Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
Sony Playstation 3 Blu-ray disc Player (HDMI Audio/Video)
System Controller: Apple iPad/iRule Pro HD Universal Remote Control
Canton "Ergo" Series speakers
Axiom Audio QS8 Quadpolar speakers
SV Sound PB-13 Ultra (Rosenut finish)
APC AV S15BLK Power Conditioner/Surge Protector
Wireworld, Better Cables (Silver Serpent) - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
Cool Components - CP-CP102 cooling package

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Already preordered from Amazon, looking forward to 3D on this one

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #3 of 31 Old 02-09-2013, 05:28 PM

Liked: 11
Just wanted to correct this: the blu-ray 3D uses a new transfer from the OCN, much better than the previous one...
post #4 of 31 Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterXDTV View Post

Just wanted to correct this: the blu-ray 3D uses a new transfer from the OCN, much better than the previous one...

Greetings,

Thanks for catching that MisterXDTV. Meant to add that originally as it was contained in the press details and reflected in the presentation. Review updated... smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #5 of 31 Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Ralph,

I read that this is an all new 6K remaster/rescan with color timing corrected by Tony Scott. Was the 2D version taken from the new remaster or is it the same as the original?

Also one of these strange redundant lossless audio track BD releases.confused.gif Does the TrueHD track have DN enabled and the DTS MA not? If so this 4dB volume difference will add to the incorrect assumption that DTS MA "is better sounding".
post #6 of 31 Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
2D disc is the previous release, nothing is different

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #7 of 31 Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I saw this film in IMAX 3D today and agree with Ralph's 3D assessment. The 3D definitely doesn't detract from the film, and this isn't an old style conversion where all the actors look like cardboard cut-outs placed at various depths.
post #8 of 31 Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Last Spring I attended a conference across the street from the bar where Maverick drowns his sorrows in ice water. I poured some for Goose.
post #9 of 31 Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 52
“Hemlock, is it?”
“Ice water.”

My claim to fame is that when I was little my brother and I swam in that pool where they held the graduation party. Dad is USN-RET and we lived in San Diego before moving to ATL.

post #10 of 31 Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 AM

Liked: 15
Over in the 3D thread there are several posts about the colors being off, mostly about the orange hue. This was also echoed by posters who saw the 3D IMAX presentation. Some were so extremely disappointed that they feel the film has been ruined, and is unwatchable in the current remastered version. I was anticipating heading to BB and pre-ordering it this week, but now I am wondering if it is worth it in terms of the color being off, not in terms of the 3D (love that stuff when done correctly, which seems the case in Ralph's review), or audio (great soundtrack, and 6.1 is better than 5.1, but why didn't they go 7.1??? ). Anyone notice the same thing about the color discrepancy with the remastered Blu-ray release (which the 3D version was taken from)?
post #11 of 31 Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM

I have to have this. Back in '88 Top Gun was my introduction to home theater. I was an electricians apprentice and we were installing in wall speakers for a customer. They also had a sub woofer, first encounter with that too. When we finished the install the guy demo'd his system with Top Gun. The sub shook the house and I was immediately hooked! I wonder if I one of the special features on the disc is my youth!

Dedicated theater

JVC RS46U

Lumagen XE3D

115"d 16:9 DIY AT Seymour XD screen with DIY masking

Marantz SR7008

Oppo BDP103

Darbee Darblet

Klipsch RF7II mains

Klipsch RC64II center

PSA XS15 Sub

Roku3

Harmony 900

post #12 of 31 Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Gots to have this one as well! Thanks again, Ralph! cool.gif
post #13 of 31 Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Ralph, did you notice the orange color timing change as others in the 3D thread have?? I'm getting it from BB next week and will compare to the original DVD, but the orange comments do concern me.
post #14 of 31 Old 02-16-2013, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

Ralph, did you notice the orange color timing change as others in the 3D thread have?? I'm getting it from BB next week and will compare to the original DVD, but the orange comments do concern me.

Greetings,

I don't have the original release for comparison sake but didn't notice any aberrant issues with the color.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #15 of 31 Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 AM

Funny, last night I was watching the 3D trailers at the beginning of Frankenweenie 3D (great movie, BTW!) and you can clearly notice Top Gun's influence in Disney's upcoming "Planes" 3D movie! eek.gif See for yourself... What did get me thinking is that nowhere do they state it's a PIXAR production, in spite of showing it's connection to the Cars franchise (they even say "From -- above -- the world of Cars"). Still, those aerial shots in 3D look stunning, as they should also in this 3D release of Top Gun! Here's to Sir Tony Scott's memory! cool.gif
post #16 of 31 Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

I don't have the original release for comparison sake but didn't notice any aberrant issues with the color.

Regards,

Well I strongly disagree. Here's what I put in the thread that threed123 is referring to :

Actually I just received my copy today and after 45 min in the movie and despite most of the great reviews, I felt there was a problem with the color scheme.

Actors seemed orange and the sky was kind of blue-grrenish.

So I typed Top Gun 3D orange on google and found this thread.

I'm re-assured now, I'm not crazy.

I mean I grow Up With Top Gun, Owned 2 VHS (first one broke) the 2 DVDs versions, HD-DVD then Blu-Ray ones and now this one.

I'm a big fan of Tony Scott and his aesthitics, but this presentations feels like you're watching you're movie through an orange-yellow veil.

Even whites are not whites.

Paramount f***ed it up pretty bad as far as I'm concerned.

Although technically the 3D is pretty great, although scr**ed by the color scheme.

And you can clearly see the issue on the caps made by caps-a-holic :

Here
post #17 of 31 Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokh1985 View Post

Well I strongly disagree. Here's what I put in the thread that threed123 is referring to :

Actually I just received my copy today and after 45 min in the movie and despite most of the great reviews, I felt there was a problem with the color scheme.

Actors seemed orange and the sky was kind of blue-grrenish.

So I typed Top Gun 3D orange on google and found this thread.

I'm re-assured now, I'm not crazy.

I mean I grow Up With Top Gun, Owned 2 VHS (first one broke) the 2 DVDs versions, HD-DVD then Blu-Ray ones and now this one.

I'm a big fan of Tony Scott and his aesthitics, but this presentations feels like you're watching you're movie through an orange-yellow veil.

Even whites are not whites.

Paramount f***ed it up pretty bad as far as I'm concerned.

Although technically the 3D is pretty great, although scr**ed by the color scheme.

And you can clearly see the issue on the caps made by caps-a-holic :

Here

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing the link and for offering your thoughts on this. I stand by my original response and can't really offer an opinion on what you see on your setup. As for the screen cap/comparisons the differences are apparent but again I can't speak to the various elements associated with verifying their accuracy etc.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #18 of 31 Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting my copy today, and I'm extremely sensitive to color changes, so will see. I also have an old copy laying around somewhere. I thought Titanic was quite orange in spots, but got over it because of the superb 3D.
post #19 of 31 Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:

I'm getting my copy today, and I'm extremely sensitive to color changes, so will see. I also have an old copy laying around somewhere. I thought Titanic was quite orange in spots, but got over it because of the superb 3D.

Greetings,

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy Top Gun in 3D as well.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #20 of 31 Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 261
They didn't even bother to remix the film in 7.1 while they were at it. Could have been cool. It's the same audio from the DVD (lossy DTS Discrete 6.1) and previous Blu-ray (lossless DTS Discrete 6.1).

Since it looks like the 2D version is the same transfer as before, I can cross another one off the list. Not interested in converted 3D films.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #21 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing the link and for offering your thoughts on this. I stand by my original response and can't really offer an opinion on what you see on your setup. As for the screen cap/comparisons the differences are apparent but again I can't speak to the various elements associated with verifying their accuracy etc.

Regards,

Well I don't know I you could change screen caps accuracy directly taken from the discs compared.

Actually you could, but that's not the point of the website such as caps-a-holic.

I always loved your reviews, but I was really surprised when I popped the film in my system(which is calibrated) and saw the result.

But if most of the people enjoys it, great for them, but for me whites are supposed to be whites, not yellowish, skies are blue-greenish, actors orange-ish.

I'm just curious to have more user returns on that matter.
post #22 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I watched it last night on my Sony 590 bluray to Darbee sharpness enhancer to Optoma HD3300 onto a 159" High Power screen. First, the opening sequence was very orange and grainy and almost unwatchable. After that, there were moments of grain in darker inside scenes, but not unbearable. I turned off the Darbee and that reduced the grain issue as well. By turning Pure Color from 3 to 1 and color temp from medium to cool on the projector, I reduced color issues to a minimum. Except for the few overly blown out yellow/orange sunsets, the skies were blue, the flight suits green and skin color okay, although still a little orange--like a sprayed on tan. There were several shots of flags thoughout the movie, and the whites were white, the blues blue and the reds red like they should be. In scenes where the pilots were in white dress, they appeared yellowish like a bad wash day--that was annoying, but not unbearable. As for the 3D conversion, I'd give it a 4 out of 5, since some scenes were soft with mushy contrast. The 3D window was set so that cockpit shots were in the room with me along with wing shots. A few dogfights were literally in the room with me as well eek.gif--well worth watching again. I adjusted the parallax window on the Sony 590, but found the initial setting the best. The sound was great, very clear and not overpowering. Was it as well done as the Titanic--no, but I thought Titanic had similar color issues, though a clearer image. I watched parts of the Top Gun 2D version and it looked clearer with less color and grain issues and less blown-out orange/whites. All in all, definitely a keeper in my 3D collection.

One curious note: I purchased this at BB, and spent 5 minutes looking for it--stuffed away with a few copies on a shelf--I just expected it to be showcased when coming through the door.
post #23 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 AM

As I remember it, this movie leaned towards the orange /yellow.

Dedicated theater

JVC RS46U

Lumagen XE3D

115"d 16:9 DIY AT Seymour XD screen with DIY masking

Marantz SR7008

Oppo BDP103

Darbee Darblet

Klipsch RF7II mains

Klipsch RC64II center

PSA XS15 Sub

Roku3

Harmony 900

post #24 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:

By turning Pure Color from 3 to 1 and color temp from medium to cool on the projector, I reduced color issues to a minimum.

Well so that means that there is indeed a color issue. I was also able to minimize it by turning the white balance to cold.

But you should not need to change the white balance on a BR. rolleyes.gif

As for me I don't think I'm gonna keep it for that reason.
post #25 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Quote:

I watched it last night on my Sony 590 bluray to Darbee sharpness enhancer to Optoma HD3300 onto a 159" High Power screen. First, the opening sequence was very orange and grainy and almost unwatchable. After that, there were moments of grain in darker inside scenes, but not unbearable. I turned off the Darbee and that reduced the grain issue as well. By turning Pure Color from 3 to 1 and color temp from medium to cool on the projector, I reduced color issues to a minimum. Except for the few overly blown out yellow/orange sunsets, the skies were blue, the flight suits green and skin color okay, although still a little orange--like a sprayed on tan. There were several shots of flags thoughout the movie, and the whites were white, the blues blue and the reds red like they should be. In scenes where the pilots were in white dress, they appeared yellowish like a bad wash day--that was annoying, but not unbearable. As for the 3D conversion, I'd give it a 4 out of 5, since some scenes were soft with mushy contrast. The 3D window was set so that cockpit shots were in the room with me along with wing shots. A few dogfights were literally in the room with me as well eek.gif--well worth watching again. I adjusted the parallax window on the Sony 590, but found the initial setting the best. The sound was great, very clear and not overpowering. Was it as well done as the Titanic--no, but I thought Titanic had similar color issues, though a clearer image. I watched parts of the Top Gun 2D version and it looked clearer with less color and grain issues and less blown-out orange/whites. All in all, definitely a keeper in my 3D collection.

One curious note: I purchased this at BB, and spent 5 minutes looking for it--stuffed away with a few copies on a shelf--I just expected it to be showcased when coming through the door.

Greetings,

Thanks for posting your impressions/experience threed123. Your perspective is appreciated.. smile.gif

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
post #26 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokh1985 View Post

Well so that means that there is indeed a color issue. I was also able to minimize it by turning the white balance to cold.

But you should not need to change the white balance on a BR. rolleyes.gif

As for me I don't think I'm gonna keep it for that reason.

It can be frustrating for 3D junkies, but for me at $20 a pop it's worth it to keep the 3D pipeline coming. If we don't buy, they won't keep converting, and the technology just keeps getting better and better. I'm sure Jurassic Park will have similar issues, but I loved it with all it's faults when it first came out (it was my first surround sound movie with Bose speakers)--I can't wait...
post #27 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM

Or if you continue to buy flawed blu-rays they will continue to make flawed ones.

Universal was first claiming that there was no issues on their Initial release of Gladiator, until more and more people got angry and then they released a proper version of the movie.

I will not stand by a flawed version, even at 20$, which is in my opinion still expensive for a 25yrs old+ movie.

I'm sorry bot IMO 3D comes after the overall video presentation.

And that's sad since I'm a big fan of Top Gun.
post #28 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM

Still, I'll go by Ralph's great score for 3D presentation and buy it since this comes at a great time for those of us who haven't ever gotten this on blu-ray... will be back to share what I think once I check it out at home! cool.gif
post #29 of 31 Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I haven't watched all of it yet, but so far I think the conversion is some of the best 3D I've seen, probably because the movie itself is just a good choice for 3D. Maybe it's my set up be I see a bit of crosstalk on objects coming out of the screen but the main focus (the point of no depth) is excellent in that aspect.
post #30 of 31 Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

This is one situation while using the Darbee that it makes the movie look worse,I had my Darbee on and half way through the movie i turned it off,and made a big difference in the picture quality for the better,more proof that the darbee makes some material look worse, for the the movie I thought it was just Ok for 3d and overall picture quality.
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Top Gun Two Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Digital Copy , Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page