Silver Linings Playbook (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 45 Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Great movie and excellently written review Lee!

I wasn't in the mood to watch this but my psychologist friend wanted to, so i gave in. Initially I found it depressing (my mother was ill her entire adult life.)
After awhile the humor helped soften it for me, and the chemistry between the leads was palpable. By the end, both my friend and I felt it was the best film we've seen in some time.

Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I wasn't in the mood to watch this but my psychologist friend wanted to, so i gave in. Initially I found it depressing (my mother was ill her entire adult life.)
After awhile the humor helped soften it for me, and the chemistry between the leads was palpable. By the end, both my friend and I felt it was the best film we've seen in some time.

Yeah, there is something unexpectedly sweet and magical about it, isn't there. It may have been the most off beat "Feel Good Movie" I had ever seen. I think I will buy the BD sometime but think it's a bit too expensive right now.
post #33 of 45 Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Share both your and arts thoughts about this sublimely appealing movie, but despite my

best efforts to extract an unwanted bd from a dissatisfied avs member, I too
Will make this a buy once the current price premium dissipates.

neflixis our nemesis
post #34 of 45 Old 05-25-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 View Post

Nice review Lee. Great movie! Definentely one of the bests that I have seen lately! In my view, Bradley Cooper should of won the oscar with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Art

Thanks guys!

Glad you enjoyed the movie!
post #35 of 45 Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

a great line from this movie that will stick with me

"tommy's dead"

neflixis our nemesis
post #36 of 45 Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Late to this thread and thanks for the review.

Got to watch this last night. What a fantastic well acted flick . Really one of the better movies for me in quite some time.

I love the explode em up big budget bonanzas like most but nothing beats a great lower budget flick that is well written, great acting and good chemistry.

Was a download but is a must have for my collection.

Rick

post #37 of 45 Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Finally got a chance to watch this what an amazing film. Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job. I was getting a bit tired of Deniro but with this film I really liked his character. Jennifer Lawrence for me I thought this is her best role she played, don't get me wrong she was great in Winters Bone and Hunger Games but this one topped them all. She is a great actress and looked sexy in her dance outfit. Bradley Cooper was also great but have to admit he was outshined by Jennifer.

Frank
post #38 of 45 Old 08-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Finally got a chance to watch this what an amazing film. Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job. I was getting a bit tired of Deniro but with this film I really liked his character. Jennifer Lawrence for me I thought this is her best role she played, don't get me wrong she was great in Winters Bone and Hunger Games but this one topped them all. She is a great actress and looked sexy in her dance outfit. Bradley Cooper was also great but have to admit he was outshined by Jennifer.

Good to hear, Frank! I'll be getting this one now for sure! cool.gif
post #39 of 45 Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranteacher View Post

Good to hear, Frank! I'll be getting this one now for sure! cool.gif

Its a great film Taranteacher, Jennifer Lawrence performance is fantastic as well as Deniro and Cooper.

Let us know what you think smile.gif

Frank
post #40 of 45 Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

yep got the bd for my b-day, just cause it was such a damn fine movie, i want it in my collection.

neflixis our nemesis
post #41 of 45 Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Its a great film Taranteacher, Jennifer Lawrence performance is fantastic as well as Deniro and Cooper.

Let us know what you think smile.gif

Sorry I took so long, guys, but I was forced to put this one off due to a few set-backs. Just had to get other more family-oriented BDs instead but I'm happy to report I finally rented this on Vudu and I just can't get over how good this movie really is! Isn't it great when everybody--critics, tomatometer, friends, and, last but by far not least, fellow AVSF members!--agrees on a good movie? Great acting all around, but, oh, my, Jennifer... Can this babe do any wrong??? It's simply fabulous to think she's as good acting as she is VERY easy on the eyes! Just, don't tell my wife, tongue.gif! Speaking of whom, she really liked this movie as well!

The real--very pleasing--surprise for me were Chris Tucker and, especially, John Ortiz! Ortiz is a guy cast usually for badass-cartel-drugloard roles (Fast & Furious and Miami Vice come to mind), but he is just soooo funny and believable in this role, albeit a minor one. Everybody, big or small, shines in this ensemble! It's like everyone's somebody you already know and hang out with! cool.gif

Now, I'll just have to include this to my BD library sooner or later... rolleyes.gifsmile.gif
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #42 of 45 Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranteacher View Post

Isn't it great when everybody--critics, tomatometer, friends, and, last but by far not least, fellow AVSF members!--agrees on a good movie?

Glad to hear you liked it... I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but then it was very silly of me to watch any movie after coming home that night in such a terrible mood (work related reasons). In fact, I didn't like anything about the world that night! smile.gif

After watching it again the following week, I totally loved it and so did my wife. It just goes to show how your mood going into a film can have an impact on your opinion of the film. I generally try to watch films at least a couple of times for that reason.

This one is highly recommended!
Ralph Potts and Taranteacher like this.

oz
post #43 of 45 Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 332

Only three movies made me sit on the edge of my seat this year--The American, Star Trek Info Darkness, and Silver Linings Playbook.  I just finished watching this movie, and I'm shocked with how much I enjoyed it.  I can't find one fault with this movie--and I am now inspired to go check out the director's new movie, American Hustle. 

Ralph Potts likes this.
post #44 of 45 Old 12-23-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Only three movies made me sit on the edge of my seat this year--The American, Star Trek Info Darkness, and Silver Linings Playbook.  I just finished watching this movie, and I'm shocked with how much I enjoyed it.  I can't find one fault with this movie--and I am now inspired to go check out the director's new movie, American Hustle. 

Then by all means see David O. Russell's latest film, American Hustle. Believe it or not, I thought it was as weirdly magical as Silver Linings Playbook had been. By the way, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were sensational, as good or better than they had been in Silver Linings Playbook.
post #45 of 45 Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Late to the party again I see biggrin.gif But what a sleeper and what a to end the year on, the wife and I absolutely loved it. And wow did the music soundtrack sound great or what cool.gif

Thanks for a spot on review Lee wink.gif
Reply Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews

Tags
Silver Linings Playbook Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Silver by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page